Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-18-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I did read said he has lost weight. Hope so.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
PrimeTime
Rookie

PrimeTime hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Playcalling was pretty damn bad... wish Garrett would learn from his mistakes sometime soon.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I think you bring up good and valid points. Perhaps the play calling could have been better. But your defense had lead, and then choked it away. I was on NFL.com just checking videos out, and found this segment on the cowboys, and Sapp articulated what I am trying to say too.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ontinuous=true

I guess we can disagree in that regard. I think JG is at fault too, but it's not all on him is what I am saying. Like I said, if it was us I'd be shaking me fist at our DC just like I have in the past.
Can't watch that vid at work.

I actually didn't have a lot of problems with the playcalling in this game other than when we were in the red zone. The way Garrett called the game was in direct correlation to "putting the reigns" on Tony Turnover. ...and that's what I wanted him to do. I believe after Tony's early INT, that Garrett decided that he definitely had to call a conservative game.

What I'm learning is that Garrett can't call an effective conservative game. His natural approach is aggressive passing, which is a double edge sword with Tony Turnover as the QB and a patchwork OL. So I believe that our low scoring was more of a result of Garrett pulling the reigns back and calling a safer, more conservative game, than NE's defense actually being as good as the score tries to suggest. Once we went no huddle, the offense looked good.

I see how you want to suggest that our defense collapsed and "choked" the game away because they couldn't stop Brady on that last drive, but there wasn't any defensive playcall that they could've done differently that would've changed the outcome. Early on you wanted to suggest that we should blame Rob Ryan for the collapse. That simply wouldn't be fair and justified. The defense played outstanding all game long. When was the last time you saw Brady get intercepted twice in a game? The number of hits and pressures we had been getting on him were excellent. You don't just hold the Pats at home to 13 points for 59 minutes without doing a damn good job. They were averaging 33 ppg going into this game.

Also, with a little perspective... this defense was supposed to be a larger concern than the offense going into the season. Last year our DBs were dressed as ushers inviting people into the endzone. Our pass rush relied on the production of one man. ...and speaking of our pass rush, Cowboys nation was confused on who's to be at fault for the secondary woes... Was it the lack of pressure??? People who said that were Robert Quinn fans at draft time. Or was it really that the 2ndary was that bad??? Definite confusion because our defense played so poorly. Our front 7 ... and let me really stress this one... Our front 7 couldn't stop the run to save their lives. So bad that Jerry thought the reason might be because Spears had missed time, so he gave him $19M to stick around. I crucified Jay Ratliff for his pitiful run defense and our old man duo of James/Brooking was the butt of many jokes.

Many hoped we'd use the draft and FA to make significant upgrades. But alas, Garrett (the definite man in charge of player acquisition) went with a heavy offensive loaded draft, and left Rob Ryan with chump change to sign a couple of ho-hum vets (Coleman/Elam), while overspending on the guys who couldn't make an impact last season (Spears/Scandrick), but now are supposed to because they have a new contract? Needless to say, the job that Rob Ryan has done is nothing short of miraculous. If I had a choice, I'd make him the HC over Garrett. His players respond to him. They know he hast their back. Garrett is a robot. Gives mechanical answers, hides his emotions, hasn't yelled at a ref in his life... probably uses the same exact number of toilet paper squares every time he wipes his ass too. I'm tired of Garrett. He doesn't do anything extrordinary that separates him from his competition. He's just fortunate that he had family ties to Jerry Jones. I don't think he ever earned what Jerry gave him. Jerry gave first and then hoped he'd earn.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like someone is getting a case of the negative nancy's again.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boys released Dwayne Harris:(
Old 10-18-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Boys released Dwayne Harris:(
You gotta be kidding me............ GRRRRRRR
Old 10-18-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Sounds like someone is getting a case of the negative nancy's again.
Nah, you just didn't understand what I was saying correctly.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nah, you just didn't understand what I was saying correctly.
I absolutely do...and agree with most of what you said.

It's the last paragraph that I don't agree with and is a knee jerk reaction. Coaches aren't even given half a season to prove their worth anymore. Garrett is obviously catching quite a bit of flack from the fans, media, and even the owner for the last 2 weeks, but you make it sound like he's dragged this team down into a top 5 pick. There's numerous issues on the team....too many to really name. Going back to when he took over. Since he's been the head coach... He's had an aging line, a season ending injured and turnover prone QB, numerous injuries to every position on offense, etc, etc, etc....Yet the boys have been competitive. It's frustrating...I know..I agree. It's more frustrating to see us lose these tough games than to see us get blown out. I just think you're SERIOUSLY undermining what Garrett's been able to do. He has his warts(redzone playcalling specifically)...but let's try to remember he's a first year coach with a team that probably shouldn't be in these games as much as they are. A brand new young o-line that can't run block to save their lives, a WR tandem that has played a total of 5 QTRs together, a RB that can't stay healthy to save his life, a fumble prone backup RB that's been on the trade block since training camp, a QB he can't trust with a 20+ point lead....and with all that said...They've have a team that's been within a touchdown either way in every one of the last 10 games.

I love Rob Ryan just as much as the next guy...and always thought he was the type of DC that could put some fire into this D, but he's had 5 games to prove his mettle in Dallas, and he's done a great job with some faults(This same defense gave up 300+ yards to Mark Sanchez). Let's not be quick to crown him. There's a reason he hasn't been promoted to HC through all these years. Being brash and over the top can be quite a turn off at times.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-18-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I absolutely do...and agree with most of what you said.

It's the last paragraph that I don't agree with and is a knee jerk reaction. Coaches aren't even given half a season to prove their worth anymore. Garrett is obviously catching quite a bit of flack from the fans, media, and even the owner for the last 2 weeks, but you make it sound like he's dragged this team down into a top 5 pick. There's numerous issues on the team....too many to really name. Going back to when he took over. Since he's been the head coach... He's had an aging line, a season ending injured and turnover prone QB, numerous injuries to every position on offense, etc, etc, etc....Yet the boys have been competitive. It's frustrating...I know..I agree. It's more frustrating to see us lose these tough games than to see us get blown out. I just think you're SERIOUSLY undermining what Garrett's been able to do. He has his warts(redzone playcalling specifically)...but let's try to remember he's a first year coach with a team that probably shouldn't be in these games as much as they are.
Nah, you think you do, but I can tell... you don't. Maybe what you think "Negative Nacy" means is different from me. I think it relates to feeling down about the team, which I don't at all. In fact, several posts ago, I said I like where this team is at and how close we have been to beating these good teams. Negative Nacy's are guys being down without being to see the other side of the story. I see both sides pretty clearly.

...and what's so knee jerk about calling Garrett out on his obvious faults? I guess you don't like anyone talking bad about your team, even if it's the truth. Yeah, he does some good things. But what? Are you saying that no one else qualified can do good things with this team? Let's look at the big picture here... There are a lot of coaches out there that could probably do a better job than Garrett is doing. Garrett never earned being the highest paid OC when Jerry gave him the job. Garrett never earned being our HC. Let's be real... Garrett could've gone winless as interim HC and he would still be our HC today. He got the job because of his family's close relationship with the Jones'. He'll probably have the job for a very long time too. I hope he gets better because, "We go as Garrett goes".

If Rob Ryan leaves next year for a HC gig. God help us all.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:

...and what's so knee jerk about calling Garrett out on his obvious faults? I guess you don't like anyone talking bad about your team, even if it's the truth. Yeah, he does some good things. But what? Are you saying that no one else qualified can do good things with this team? Let's look at the big picture here... There are a lot of coaches out there that could probably do a better job than Garrett is doing. Garrett never earned being the highest paid OC when Jerry gave him the job. Garrett never earned being our HC. Let's be real... Garrett could've gone winless as interim HC and he would still be our HC today. He got the job because of his family's close relationship with the Jones'. He'll probably have the job for a very long time too. I hope he gets better because, "We go as Garrett goes".
We've lambasted Garrett on his playcalling pretty extensively around here. To say "Oh you don't like to talk bad about the team" is pretty ridiculous. I'm saying it's ok to be critical, but within reason. We're not even halfway into the season, and you're already calling for a new head coach. He got the job...yes, but to say he wasn't a qualified HC candidate is ridiculous. He was heavily sought and got offered numerous positions (Atlanta and Baltimore come to mind). I'm just saying that fans are so quick to call for a head coaching change. There's going to be growing pains, I remember reading a message board how Saints fans weren't happy with Payton after a couple years of him being there(He's too cute offensively, can't make adjustments on the fly,etc). Harbaugh got TONS(I live in the area) of flack after going 9-7 after a 12-4 record the year before..., and then came back to take his team to 11-5.

Again, Garrett has his issues...PLENTY of them, I completely agree with you. My point is that we as fans are enamored with shiny objects..."Rob Ryan has turned this D around...Let's promote HIM to HC".... Wade had a top 5 defense 2 years ago, and it was a sieve last year. Things change from year to year...The offense has been relatively good to great since Garrett came to Dallas. My point is let him at least go through an entire season or two before calling for his head. He should probably hire a OC to help him, but he's assembled a pretty damn good coaching staff(People forget he hired Rob Ryan....) Let's see if he learns as he goes and gets better.

You're right...the boys go as he goes...I'm just willing to give him a few years before calling for his head.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-18-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys have added guard Daniel Loper to the 53-man roster to replace rookie wide receiver Dwayne Harris.

Loper, a Texas Tech-ex, was the second player the Cowboys signed after a Tuesday workout at Valley Ranch, joining Montrae Holland. The Cowboys have 10 offensive linemen on the 53-man roster and five wide receivers.

Loper, 6-6, 320 pounds, has started nine of 58 games over six seasons with Tennessee, Detroit and Oakland. He was a fifth-round pick of the Titans in 2005.

Harris is eligible to return to the practice squad if he clears waivers but the team already has two wide receivers on the taxi squad Teddy Williams, Andre Holmes.

*thumbs up*
Old 10-18-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im probably older than alot of you guys but there once was a guy who never won more than 5 games as a head coach in his first 5 years. He was then given an UNHEARD of 10 year contract and he took us to 5 Superbowls. Im not saying Jason is another Tom Landry, just saying lets give him some time.

Wasnt that long ago that some members on this board were praising the Miami Dolphins for raiding our staff and what a genius Sporano is. Not looking so good now...

I like emotional coaches also, but I'd take a Landry, Shula, Walsh, ect...Many ways to coach, everybody wants to win. Who knows, maybe Jason will bring in another OC? I know this, last years team would have lost that game Sunday 31-10 or so...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Im probably older than alot of you guys but there once was a guy who never won more than 5 games as a head coach in his first 5 years. He was then given an UNHEARD of 10 year contract and he took us to 5 Superbowls. Im not saying Jason is another Tom Landry, just saying lets give him some time.

Wasnt that long ago that some members on this board were praising the Miami Dolphins for raiding our staff and what a genius Sporano is. Not looking so good now...

I like emotional coaches also, but I'd take a Landry, Shula, Walsh, ect...Many ways to coach, everybody wants to win. Who knows, maybe Jason will bring in another OC? I know this, last years team would have lost that game Sunday 31-10 or so...
I'm willing to give him another year, tops... if nothing on offense changes from what's been happening since he got here.

If change happens, and he shows real improvement in his playcalling or he hires an OC, then I'm good with him being the HC for a long time.

But the real "no so secret" reason for our ares of successes this year has been Rob Ryan, not Jason Garrett. I'm afraid of losing Ryan more than I am afraid of losing Garrett.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm willing to give him another year, tops... if nothing on offense changes from what's been happening since he got here.

If change happens, and he shows real improvement in his playcalling or he hires an OC, then I'm good with him being the HC for a long time.

But the real "no so secret" reason for our ares of successes this year has been Rob Ryan, not Jason Garrett. I'm afraid of losing Ryan more than I am afraid of losing Garrett.
Garrett has been successful calling plays in the past. Is it the plays or the players? If we had the 1995 Oline how good would Garrett be? I know he went with the youth movement, and its costing us, but again its going to take time. What if we win 6 out of our next 7? still want to get rid of him? I think hes got guys playing above their talent level in some cases, but not using some guys as much as I'd like especially Dez

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No coaches are perfect, I just hate ones who do obvious idiotic things. Lovie Smith for instances, everyone on TV, even wives and girlfriends, can look at a play on replay and easily see what happens. Him being on the field, looking at the big screen though, somehow sees something differently then the rest of the world and throws a challenge anyway. He constantly waste timeouts.

Chilly when he was in Minny, numerous times in the 2nd half would forget he had Peterson on the team and he'd get 2-3 carries. I could come up with a bunch of other examples, but for me these are just examples of obvious idiotic things a coach can sometimes do repeatedly that I just won't be a fan of. I can live with bad coaching decisions, going for it on 4th vs punting or vice versa.

But he runs our offense like Boise St, and this is College. It just won't change, he doesn't like boring. That's why he tends to ruin great drives with a triple WR pass across field from the razor back position. Or a HB shovel running sideways when you were pounding them up the middle. It's always gonna be that way and he'll never give up play-calling duties either, we just have to live with it, and for me I'd be ok with him if he stopped doing some of the brain dead things.

Sorry but there isn't enough tom foolery in the world at the goal line to make me go with Martellus Bennett over Dez. Teams who are bad in the red zone are always some of the worst teams in the league, you just can't win games that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Garrett has been successful calling plays in the past. Is it the plays or the players? If we had the 1995 Oline how good would Garrett be? I know he went with the youth movement, and its costing us, but again its going to take time. What if we win 6 out of our next 7? still want to get rid of him? I think hes got guys playing above their talent level in some cases, but not using some guys as much as I'd like especially Dez
JG has never been a real OC.

He was never one in Miami and was on a very top heavy Saban staff.

His best year in Dallas was with Sparano holding his jock strap.

The minute Sparano left, we have been stuck with a pass heavy offense that has trouble running the ball all the time.

Add Houck to the list of problem children. He sucks.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

The minute Sparano left, we have been stuck with a pass heavy offense that has trouble running the ball all the time.

Well the good thing about everything you said above is that Sparano should be available this offseason...and if he is the reason Jason Garrett was good then we should get to see the same type of production that we had when he was here.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noticed we cut Dwyane Harris. Not happy with this move and I think we'll regret it. He's gonna be good, were not even halfway through his rookie season. I like Holley and all, and he's a great ST player, but I'm not keeping him over Harris. I'll take the PR ability and upside of Harris in his 1st year vs the ST ability of Holley.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The emergence of Laurant Robinson made Harris expendable. Harris had one good playoff game against some scrubs...IDK why anyone is that upset.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The emergence of Laurant Robinson made Harris expendable. Harris had one good playoff game against some scrubs...IDK why anyone is that upset.
He's a rookie WR in his first 6 games playing behind Dez & Austin. What more was he supposed to do this quickly other then play well in the pre-season? WR's really hit their stride in year 3 anyway, you don't see how they perform in 6 games and think it's no big deal to cut them.

Again, I'm not upset just don't agree with it is all. Laurent Robinson of course should have stuck, but not Holley.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I admit that I had expected Harris to do better than he has on kick returns.

Losing him sucks mainly because I personally think he has outstanding potential as a slot receiver. It's amazing... we went from zero WR depth to too much overnight. I agree with LL. I would've prefered to keep him over Holley.

It's true, Harris wasn't being used, but I thought it was smart for us to develop him. Won't surprise me at all to see him be successful down the line with another team and wish we had him back.

Right now, I just hope he makes it back to our PS.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

I don't exactly get the love for Sparano. I'll take him as an OL coach, but as an OC... I never thought much of him.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What bothers me about cutting Harris is his youth and the fact that Ogletree should've been cut instead. Harris has more potential, and he's just a rookie. Oggs is a walking turnover or blown play.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
I don't exactly get the love for Sparano. I'll take him as an OL coach, but as an OC... I never thought much of him.
I thought very highly of our Offense in those days.

We ran the ball.

We were explosive even with inferior WR.

We scored points in the red zone.

For not one minute do I think JG was calling plays in those days. It was Sparano.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
What bothers me about cutting Harris is his youth and the fact that Ogletree should've been cut instead. Harris has more potential, and he's just a rookie. Oggs is a walking turnover or blown play.
Typical move by this team. Then we sign them back like Elam.