Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just proud of the Skins for telling the Bears that if it wasn't the trade they proposed no deal then, shows they have atleast a slight bit of backbone.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
we have 1 good WR in moss and a decent one in randel el, there is alot of room for improvement
And don't have any good D-linemen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
And don't have any good D-linemen.
Cornelius Griffin is an animal and one of the best when healthy and if Andre Carter played the way he did the 2nd half of last season he will be a pro bowler, again Golston has much to prove but he showed serious promise, the biggest worry spot for me is LDE where Phillip Daniels is solid but older and Wynn and Evans are unspectacular.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Cornelius Griffin is an animal and one of the best when healthy and if Andre Carter played the way he did the 2nd half of last season he will be a pro bowler, again Golston has much to prove but he showed serious promise, the biggest worry spot for me is LDE where Phillip Daniels is solid but older and Wynn and Evans are unspectacular.
Not because I am a Giants fan, but simply for the sake of the discussion...the Redskins need a lineman on the defensive side to build around in the worst way.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-03-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not because I am a Giants fan, but simply for the sake of the discussion...the Redskins need a lineman on the defensive side to build around in the worst way.

I am a Redskins fan and I agree with you completely. I like the way Carter ended the year, I like Golston a lot. However we have not had a full season out of Griffin, if we do fine but I aint holding out much hope. Daniels can play the run but that is it. We need an end badly and I prefer Anderson over Adams.

That said I am still really intrigued with Amobi Okoye if we can trade down and get him I will not be unhappy at all.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969 View Post
I am a Redskins fan and I agree with you completely. I like the way Carter ended the year, I like Golston a lot. However we have not had a full season out of Griffin, if we do fine but I aint holding out much hope. Daniels can play the run but that is it. We need an end badly and I prefer Anderson over Adams.

That said I am still really intrigued with Amobi Okoye if we can trade down and get him I will not be unhappy at all.
We'd probably have to take him at 6 cause I believe he has passed Branch on many team boards, we need to trade down to around #12 where one of Adams, Anderson, Carrikier, Okoye, or Branch has to be and worst case scenario if all are gone that means atleast Landry or Leon Hall is there, plus we can pick up extra day 1 picks.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

You know what, I would not think it would be a bad idea to take Okoye over any D-lineman at #6 (including Adams). I love the kid and his potential and if the Skins took him, I'd be satisfied in the sense that they're be building their team in the right way but upset that he would be with a division rival.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know what, I would not think it would be a bad idea to take Okoye over any D-lineman at #6 (including Adams). I love the kid and his potential and if the Skins took him, I'd be satisfied in the sense that they're be building their team in the right way but upset that he would be with a division rival.
For a team that hates draft picks, the Skins are actually a very good drafting team.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
For a team that hates draft picks, the Skins are actually a very good drafting team.
Yeah when they actually keep a pick as opposed to trading it away. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we are a very average drafting team

When you keep picking in the top 1-10 its not hard to get good people
Old 04-03-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
we are a very average drafting team

When you keep picking in the top 1-10 its not hard to get good people
Then explain the Lions and Cardinals problems?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
EddieRoyalVT4
Rookie

EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.EddieRoyalVT4 is a cocksman.

What Cardinal problems? Their picks have been solid. They just don't retain their guys for more than the rookie contracts...hardly anyone wants to play there outside of the rare Bertrand Berry or Edgerrin James signings. The Lions took too many receivers obviously, and receivers probably have the highest bust rate in the first round at least.

The Redskins picked guys recently like Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell who have done okay but nothing spectacular yet, which is fine. Sean Taylor was a given at their spot three years ago.

But seriously, the Lions probably made a mistake way back when they took Harrington over Jammer, but other than that you can't judge since they've only taken receivers and Kevin Jones, who has been hampered by injuries.
EddieRoyalVT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:28 AM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well we draft pretty well with our few first day picks. Our second day picks are not so great usually. Last year in hindsight may well turn out to be our best 2nd day in some time. Golston and Montgomery saw decent playing time as rookies last year and they have held onto Kili Lefotu who will play in NFL Europe this year.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I don't think this deal is dead I just think the Bears are looking for a better offer but closer to the draft when they realize this is a more than fair trade I think they will try to make it happen, I applaud the Skins for saying they won't part with Rocky who is the guy I think the Bears really want as they have said they graded him really high last year, I still don't want the deal to go down but I don't think it's dead.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I don't think this deal is dead I just think the Bears are looking for a better offer but closer to the draft when they realize this is a more than fair trade I think they will try to make it happen, I applaud the Skins for saying they won't part with Rocky who is the guy I think the Bears really want as they have said they graded him really high last year, I still don't want the deal to go down but I don't think it's dead.
Yeah I agree. Plus there's no need to make the trade now, as opposed to in a few weeks when the draft board should be even more clear. They may even wait untill the pick is up and then see what is available. We'll see.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think it's best that both teams wait if not cancel the trade in all, I am never a fan of big deals involving high picks and players so far away from the draft.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears website says that the teams are still negotiating and that it's fluid.

Other reports I've read (Washington Times being one) state that because the Bears can't negotiate trading a pick that they don't have (nor can they contact teams about Briggs) they are waiting to see if the Redskins can find a trade partner for the 6th pick before taking the deal as is. Makes sense.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Then explain the Lions and Cardinals problems?
Well all 3 teams obviously have a similar issue then cause over the last 10 years they have all pretty much sucked.