Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Grade
A+ 2 7.14%
A 8 28.57%
A- 7 25.00%
B+ 7 25.00%
B 1 3.57%
B- 0 0%
C+ 1 3.57%
C 0 0%
C- 0 0%
D or specify 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Grade the Lions 2011 Draft

1st round pick #13 - Nick Fairley, DT - Auburn
2nd round pick #44- Titus Young, WR - Boise State
2nd round pick #57- Mikel Leshoure, RB - Illinois
5th round pick #157-Doug Hogue, OLB - Syracuse
7th round pick #209-Johnny Culbreath, OT - South Carolina State

Was the trade up for Leshoure worth it? Should Mayhew have picked Prince? Share any comments or concerns.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post

Was the trade up for Leshoure worth it? Should Mayhew have picked Prince? Share any comments or concerns.
All we can do for grades now is value and what kind of pros you think they can be based on their skillset.

1st round (13) Nick Fairley Grade A Great value. Love the mean streak and his ability to generate pressure from the DT postion. He dominated this past year especially that Alabama game. Boom with a slight bust factor based on worth ethic but I don't think that will be a problem with KVB/Suh on this team. DTs other than Suh do take some time so rotating with Corey Williams is a good thing. The better he does the more he plays this year. Corey has 2 years left so we could get value now for him if we decide to trade him next offseason depending on how Fairley does this year. Increases a strength. I'll keep an eye of the career of Prince Amukamar though.

2nd round (44) Titus Young WR. Grade B Noted as a burner and good route runner. Speed on the outside was a need given Bryant Johnsons and Derrick Williams lack of production(21 receptions so terrible) and lack of speed shown. His size could be an issue though for bump and run and that 4.5 combine doesn't scream burner as much as I want but he runs faster in pads hopefully based on his game tape. Plus special teams ability is a plus. Mayhew was targeting him so I trust this pick especially since Dowling,Carter and Ayers were off the board though I liked Martez Wilson. Value was just about right IMO.

2nd round pick (57) plus 4th rounder. Grade A+. I think LeShoure is exactly what this offense needs. A bruiser workhorse who can move the pile. Best isn't a 250 carry guy but he'll still be used alot because he can be a game changer IMO. Great compliment too each other and a big need as Morris is 30 and Kevin Smith is done. We all like diamond in the rough RBs but the list of failed diamonds in the rough is long. In a 2 back league we can't be going on a hope and a prayer on a 4th/5th round RB. Value I like the trade up, we turned a 3rd into a 2nd to secure him and I'll give up the 4th to do so especially seeing how Daniel Thomas and Murray went off the board quickly and Ridley and Green were gone in the 3rd too.

5th round pick 157 Doug Hogue. A- I like his pass coverage and his potential. He needs to bulk up but it was the right value. Needs more experience but was productive at Cuse. Lots of players switch positions in college. Not a starter yet but could be a Will in the future.

7th round Johnny Culbreath B. No complaints even though I don't know about him. I trust Mayhew enough to give it a B over a C. It's a 7th rounder and I liked the Murtha pick and the Dolphins scooped him up. Hopefully we can develop him and keep him if he's worth it.

Overal A-
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Should reach his potential playing beside Suh and KVB. A
Quote:
Excellent slot receiver who should be able to open up space for the other receivers on the team. A-
Quote:
There are some question marks about his toughness, sometimes he goes down a bit too easy, but has a very nice upside. B+
Quote:
I won't pretend to know his potential, just have to wait and see. C for now.
Quote:
Ditto for this 7th rounder. C
Overall, I have to give them an A, anytime yoiu get a top 10 potential prospect with a reasonable expectation that he will produce, it is a very good draft.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1/13 - Nick Fairley, DT - Auburn
Grade: A
At first blush this seems like a terrible decision by mayhew and co. when you look at the talent on the board who were undoubtedly a higher need for the Lions in Prince Amukamara and Robert Quinn. But, after some thought I really like the selection. From a matchup standpoint you have two DTs that require doubble teams one of them or a DE will have a one on one situation where as a DT/DE combo can always keep a tight end on a max protect block in the DT's case you are asking a FB or RB to make the block on Suh or Fairley with some help with the OG. Let me add that interior O-Line is the biggest weakness in two of our biggest rivals the Bears and the Packers. I had Fairley projected as a top 5-10 pick so I think this was a good steal at the 13th spot but I will be looking closely at the careers of Robert Quinn and Prince Amukamara.

2/44- Titus Young, WR - Boise State
Grade: B+
Derrick Williams was a bust at the #3 WR position so the Lions go back into the tallent pool to select Titus Young WR from Boise State. Anyone who watched the senior bowl practices instantly fell in love with young's rout running abilities and speed as well as his ability to catch the football. He's a big play threat any time he touches the ball. Once again it isn't a huge need for the Lions but the value was there in spades. I gave him a laste first round to early/mid second round selection grade so this pick was of value.

2/57- Mikel Leshoure, RB - Illinois
Grade: A
The major question with the pick is did the Lions give up too much to move up for Leshoure? While losing the 4th round selection did hurt us in our hunt for a CB but the real question is are any of those guys (like Jalil Brown) going to be #1 CBs in the league? I don't think so and as far as corner goes that is the only corner the lions really need. So in my opinion it wasn't a great trade but it was an acceptabe one for the excellent value we got. I honestly had Leshoure as a late first, early second grade as well (I was thinking New England). He adds a sturdy between the tackles player for the Detroit Lions to have as a work horse back and be the thunder to the Javid Best lighning. Great value but still not the greatest need.

5/157-Doug Hogue, OLB - Syracuse
Grade: C
A converted RB with great hands and decent coverage skills. Still a bit raw as a OLB prospect but he also won a first team all-Big East honors. An excelent athlete he had one of the best 40 yard dashes amongst linebackers at the combine. Hogue will likely be a special teams player for most if not all of his career. Do NOT expect him to start at LB any time soon. Add to that the fact that Chris Carter was available at this selection makes me like this pick evn less.

7/209-Johnny Culbreath, OT - South Carolina State
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbscouting.com
7-6-209- Detroit from Cleveland through Seattle- OT/OG Johnny Culbreath, South Carolina State
This is no surprise and probably should have been projected. Culbreath had a great pro day in front of Detroit's head coach and assistant offensive line coach. He likely moves to guard because of his short arms and the fact he has bulked up to 322 pounds. This is an intriguing pick but Culbreath is a major project who will probably be put on the practice squad.
Overall Grade: A-
The Lions gained a ton of tallent and three players who will take at least 50% of the snaps on their side of the ball. That said if they do not address the OLB and CB issues in free agency this offseason the Lions draft will highly drop in my letter grade.

Scott and Shane have consistantly mentioned Josh on their podcasts and he has also written multiple scouting reports for this site so I am assuming that siting him in a post is fine as far as rules go.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:17 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley gives these two babes an A+ as well.

boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wes Bunting:

Detroit Lions

In my mind the draft couldn’t have gone any better for the Lions. Getting a stud like DT Nick Fairley to pair with Ndamukong Suh inside could ultimately be downright devastating for opposing offenses in the NFC North. They also added two potential playmakers on offense in RB Mikel Leshoure and WR Titus Young all while adding a pair of high upside prospects late.

Grade: A++

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ft-Grades.html
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:53 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grading drafts ugh ...

So I have sort of been a jerk in here lately but here I go again calling people out ... I see several of you give an A,B,A,C,C grade then an overall of an A(-) type of thing? The schools I went to, that is not how it worked??!! (hahaha) Please call me out on stuff too ... but 2 A's 2C's & a B is not an A average :o)
Old 05-04-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Grading drafts ugh ...

So I have sort of been a jerk in here lately but here I go again calling people out ... I see several of you give an A,B,A,C,C grade then an overall of an A(-) type of thing? The schools I went to, that is not how it worked??!! (hahaha) Please call me out on stuff too ... but 2 A's 2C's & a B is not an A average :o)
I think people are putting more weight on the top picks. Like getting an A on your final but getting a C on a homework assignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Wes Bunting:

Detroit Lions

In my mind the draft couldn’t have gone any better for the Lions. Getting a stud like DT Nick Fairley to pair with Ndamukong Suh inside could ultimately be downright devastating for opposing offenses in the NFC North. They also added two potential playmakers on offense in RB Mikel Leshoure and WR Titus Young all while adding a pair of high upside prospects late.

Grade: A++

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ft-Grades.html
This is good to see. I think Kiper had us tied for the best draft with Carolina. I voted B+ and will probably throw up some thoughts later today.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Grading drafts ugh ...

It's weighted. An A in the 1st and 2nd round is worth more than 2 Cs in the 5th and 7th round.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SINCE1978 is turning heel!!!!!!!!!!
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave this draft an A- mostly because I wanted Chris Carter and David Mims on the last two picks. I know Carter would fit better in a 3-4 defense but I think he would have been a great linebacker for us, especially in the pass rush. I liked David Mims since he seemed to be a big and solid tackle who could have filled in for Cherilus at the RT position. But for now I will put my trust in Schwartz and Mayhew's decisions on those picks.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Grading drafts ugh ...

You are assuming that all of the picks were weighted the same which in most cases is not the case. As they should be the picks are weighted good picks early raise the grade considerably.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I would say the rest of the forum gives you guys an A. There aren't many teams that are excited about playing your DT's now, not that they were before.

Fairley and Suh scare everyone. I bet Cutler gave his typical dumb-face look to the TV when he heard you guys take Fairley. I guarantee he was not happy.

One last thought. Titus plays A LOT faster than a 4.5. I could be wrong, thinking he will be a good WR. He may never be any good, but I assure you it will not be because he is too slow.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:47 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I liked the Fairley situation that fell to Detroit, I did not prefer the slot WR pick with #44 ... not that I don't like Titus Young I just think they over valued him.

As for the weighted grading scale ... I saw it as here are the classes (ie draft picks) you have to work with, what grades did you get in each class giving you the overall grade/GPA? (ie players taken). Not within 1 class here are is the final exam (Fairley) worth 30% & the papers you write during the semester are worth less (Hogue). Either way no big deal, it's so early to hand out grades based on college production or who fits the scheme they went to etc ... Essentially 2 picks are either developmental guys or special teamers (they have said as much about Hogue already) so by doing the trade up thing for the RB it gives you 3 players. You better have hit on all 3 b/c there are still needs.
I just hope FA can be another good harvest for the Lions. I hope Houston can be retained & that they add at least 1, if not 2 play makers in the back 7.

Now get to class! (ha!)

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 05-05-2011 at 06:52 AM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
IwannatalktoSampson
Rookie

IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.IwannatalktoSampson is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1/13 - Nick Fairley, DT - Auburn
Grade: A-

2/44- Titus Young, WR - Boise State

2/57- Mikel Leshoure, RB - Illinois
Grade: B+

5/157-Doug Hogue, OLB - Syracuse

7/209-Johnny Culbreath, OT - South Carolina State

Overall: B
IwannatalktoSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a side note, I saw on NFLN today, a review of our top 3 picks and it wasn't pretty.
We are all aware of the character issues about Fairley but it turns out that Young and Leshoure had character concerns as well. Young apparently has some Terrell Owens in him and Leshoure flunked a drug test while at Illinois, only once out of many mind you, as they watched him closely after the 1st failure.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
As a side note, I saw on NFLN today, a review of our top 3 picks and it wasn't pretty.
We are all aware of the character issues about Fairley but it turns out that Young and Leshoure had character concerns as well. Young apparently has some Terrell Owens in him and Leshoure flunked a drug test while at Illinois, only once out of many mind you, as they watched him closely after the 1st failure.
Pretty sure it was Leshoure I read about who punched a teammate as well, oh & he was born in prison too. (no joke) This kid has all the measurables to be the work horse back Detroit is seeking, but really he only had 1 solid year of production at Illinois ... albeit an amazing season. Hopefully that means plenty of tread on the tires for the Lions.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leshoure got his jaw broken by his teammate....so hopefully he learned not to talk too much smack. I trust him though...well I trust Schwartz, KVB, Suh, and Backus to keep him in line. It will help that he was drafted after Best's spot. He'll know his role and not complain if Best 'starts' over him.

This draft gets an A- from me based on this article.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...tml#incart_mce

Quote:
These days, the Lions are extremely well organized under general manager Martin Mayhew and they know exactly who they like and who they don't like. Discussion takes place, but the Lions have these players rated at specific levels and they refuse to reach for a player.

Back in 2008, the Lions were desperate for a linebacker and they missed out on Jerod Mayo in the first round and Curtis Lofton in the second round. Lofton was taken with the 37th overall pick and the Lions were picking at No. 45.

Then-head coach Rod Marinelli was upset with Millen because Marinelli believed too many teams knew of the Lions' plans to take a linebacker. To make it up to the head coach, Millen reached for linebacker Jordon Dizon with the 45th pick. Even Dizon was shocked that he was taken that high.

At the time, there were two very interesting names sitting among the names at the top of the Lions' board - receiver DeSean Jackson (who went 49th) and running back Ray Rice (who went 55th). The Lions then traded up in the third round to take running back Kevin Smith (with the 64th overall pick). Neither Dizon or Smith is expected to be on the Lions' roster this season.
Never reach for Dizon when DeSean and Ray Rice are there.

The good news is that Millen was recently fired from Thursday night football. Hopefully we will see even less of him now.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 05-07-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
LionofDetroit
Rookie

LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LionofDetroit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted "D".

We already won.
LionofDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote