Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-19-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

It's the PC version but it kind of looks amazing.

Despite the beta, I'm not worried about the game (at least on the PC). Battlefield Bad Company 2 was quite buggy at release and they fixed it pretty quickly.
As soon as I saw the guys base jumping I was sold. In saying that, I have exams two weeks after this is launched, so I'm going to wait for reviews, then hopefully any bugs will be patched by the time I can play it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Arkham City is spectacular. I am taking my time and doing all the side missions which are very indepth just like the story missions. This game is a Batman fan's wet dream.

I also played with Batman Beyond on the challenge maps and they gave him his red wings! very cool.
Pretty much this, I'm really looking forward to beating this game 100%, theres just so much to do. I started game plus this morning and went right to riddler trophies and side quests, really hoping I get around to more of the side quest bosses like hatter and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killed five guys with one grenade in Gears. Twas orgasmic.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, getting BF3 or MW is going to be an incredibly hard decision.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Get BF3, if you like it you can keep it, don't like it you can trade it in and get COD?

Old 10-20-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just get MW3 it will be the easier game for most people to pick up and play IMO.BF3 is the more skilled shooter.The aiming is much more skill set as well.I would just get both my self but I can only afford one game this month since I need to tune up my car and buy other things. good luck deciding.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Killed five guys with one grenade in Gears. Twas orgasmic.
My buddy killed 4 the other day while we were online.

I was like, "WTF just happened?" lol.

I also had a Gears 3 career high 22 kills in TDM thanks to flamer grenades. haha.

I've been playing better as of late. Still sporadic, but my good games have been better.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Get BF3, if you like it you can keep it, don't like it you can trade it in and get COD?
If only I'd be taking a $5-10 loss on trading in as opposed to 30+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Just get MW3 it will be the easier game for most people to pick up and play IMO.BF3 is the more skilled shooter.The aiming is much more skill set as well.I would just get both my self but I can only afford one game this month since I need to tune up my car and buy other things. good luck deciding.
Yeah, really don't really have the financial flexibility to just buy both. Well I do, but I can allocate the extra $60 in much better ways.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can some one help me out on hot to defeat Penguin so I can disable the freeze.I can't seem to get close or don't know how.Getting annoying here.

NVM got it.

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 10-20-2011 at 02:20 PM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MW3, more people will be on it, almost all of my friends are getting it. BF3 isn't going to take any COD fan away from the franchise if the final product is anything like the beta.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course the final product will be better than the beta.....

Plus, there's ******* JETS!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
MW3, more people will be on it, almost all of my friends are getting it. BF3 isn't going to take any COD fan away from the franchise if the final product is anything like the beta.
The pre-orders are well in the millions so I'm sure it will grab some COD fans. My guess is a lot of people will buy both, though. I'm a well known BF3 supporter, but I've also enjoyed the MW series as well. To me, it just comes down to what you want in a game.

If you want a more closed, linear style of shooter that has good depth to it, go with MW3. The combat is typically much faster paced and crazier, but it also limits what you can do and where you can go.

If you want a more open map style of shooter, with vehicles and immensely destructible environments, go with BF3. You will get the close in/tight style fighting in BF3 like on maps like Metro (a map I wasn't a huge fan of) but also epic open battles with jets, tanks and infantry too.

I'm really not worried about the game being buggy though. DICE is arguably one of the better game developers around, and they're known for making incredibly polished games. Bad Company 2 was also absurdly buggy in the beta but was/is extremely polished around it's release.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can some one help me out on hot to defeat Penguin so I can disable the freeze.I can't seem to get close or don't know how.Getting annoying here.
Do you have the weapon from Mr. Freeze to disable the gun?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Do you have the weapon from Mr. Freeze to disable the gun?
Yes I was just able to get it done just now.Wasn't thinking hard enough lol.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So long as MW3 doesn't come out as glitchy and have anything like the noob tube in it (which very well could happen) I just don't see many people switching over. I hate defending the COD franchise tbh, I really do but BF3 Beta left me unconvinced that it will take over as the best FPS. I had to laugh at MW3 developers lashing out at fans for calling it a copy and paste game and then only defending that with how hard they worked on water graphics and completely ignored the actual gameplay aspect of the complaint.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just did the side mission where I found Mr. Freezes wife but when I go back to the lab the door is frozen. Does anyone know who I can get in there to tell him?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So long as MW3 doesn't come out as glitchy and have anything like the noob tube in it (which very well could happen) I just don't see many people switching over. I hate defending the COD franchise tbh, I really do but BF3 Beta left me unconvinced that it will take over as the best FPS. I had to laugh at MW3 developers lashing out at fans for calling it a copy and paste game and then only defending that with how hard they worked on water graphics and completely ignored the actual gameplay aspect of the complaint.
I plan on switching from COD to BF3 this year (assuming the discrepancy in reviews isn't very large) Just seems like a much deeper, higher evolved shooter *shrugs*
Old 10-20-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does it need to? Plenty of people played Bad Company 2. People get caught up in hype wars instead trying to pick the objectively better game....and as Forenci mentioned, the pre-orders are massive. I've played Modern Warfare 3 already like three times. It was a good product the first few times around., but I really don't see the need to buy it for a third time Battlefield 3 is something fresh and different by comparison...plus there's a lot more to do in it than "hmm I'll run around doing the same thing with a different gun that's basically the same as the other one this time around". **** that ****, I'm piloting a Jet. It may require a lot more patience and have a higher learning curve, but there's far more depth to it than Call of Duty.

Also, news coming out today that the next Xbox will be ready for 2013. No official announcement yet...and I wouldn't expect one for quite some time. No word on what we're dealing with under the hood or anything like that either, but Lionhead is supposedly working on a new Fable game for it and Epic is ratcheting up Unreal 4 in order to time right with it. I would be excited for all that, personally. It's been a good chunk of time for current gen system and it's really time to move on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-20-2011 at 04:22 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as they fix the OMA/DC noob tubing issue that was a huge problem in MW2, i'm sticking with MW3 through and through. I actually bought both World at War and Black Ops and ended up selling them both, but i have MW, and MW2 and i still play them to this day.

I played the Bad Company 2 and the BF3 beta, and it just really isn't my style. I'm used to the quicker, fast paced, quick reaction shooting that the COD games provide, and find it much more enjoyable. The vehicles (jets included) aren't that important to me in a game that's supposed to be a first person shooter.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Does it need to? Plenty of people played Bad Company 2. People get caught up in hype wars instead trying to pick the objectively better game....and as Forenci mentioned, the pre-orders are massive. I've played Modern Warfare 3 already like three times. It was a good product the first few times around., but I really don't see the need to buy it for a third time Battlefield 3 is something fresh and different by comparison...plus there's a lot more to do in it than "hmm I'll run around doing the same thing with a different gun that's basically the same as the other one this time around". **** that ****, I'm piloting a Jet. It may require a lot more patience and have a higher learning curve, but there's far more depth to it than Call of Duty.

Also, news coming out today that the next Xbox will be ready for 2013. No official announcement yet...and I wouldn't expect one for quite some time. No word on what we're dealing with under the hood or anything like that either, but Lionhead is supposedly working on a new Fable game for it and Epic is ratcheting up Unreal 4 in order to time right with it. I would be excited for all that, personally. It's been a good chunk of time for current gen system and it's really time to move on.
Well yes it does need to as I stated, almost everyone one of my friends on my friends list will be on MW3, and most of the people I talk with are getting it as well, I'll stick tot he game I know I'll have friends to play with. Despite that tho, I still think MW3 will get better reviews and BF3's game play wasn't as quick as I like it to be. As metsox said, I'd rather have quick reflex based games than running around a huge map finding no one only to get shot by some dude laying down in tall grass for fifteen minutes waiting for someone to run by.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I'm Jvig on finding people to kill type deal about MW.So much easier and more reflex type game.I don't want to be spending half the match trying to kill some one then get killed and work my way over.Same goes for kill streaks will so be annoying in BF.Nothing against BF it will be a solid game.Just more people will be on MW for a long time.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MW3 should be the exact same as MW2 so it will get good reviews but I already own that so I won't be buying it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well yes it does need to as I stated, almost everyone one of my friends on my friends list will be on MW3, and most of the people I talk with are getting it as well, I'll stick tot he game I know I'll have friends to play with. Despite that tho, I still think MW3 will get better reviews and BF3's game play wasn't as quick as I like it to be. As metsox said, I'd rather have quick reflex based games than running around a huge map finding no one only to get shot by some dude laying down in tall grass for fifteen minutes waiting for someone to run by.
As far as friends go, I can see that...but they'll be no shortage of people to play with in Battlefield judging by the pre-order numbers and sales projections. It won't sell as well as Modern Warfare 3 will, but personally I think that's a bit of a good thing as well. I've had so much better experiences playing with random people in Battlefield as opposed to playing with them in Call of Duty. I really don't think Call of Duty is a bad game, just a very dated one...but the player base can be downright awful at times. Not it's fault, it draws a ton of people in, but I'm not a big fan of playing with xXxQuICkSc0pezxx420.

As far as camping and Battlefield, it really isn't camping and that only happens in Rush. The entire point of rush is to find a way to breach the enemy lines. It takes some skill, but holding position is a legitimate part of the game and a valid strategical element to what's going on. Taking note of positions(spotting is a very, very big deal) and finding the best way to break through lines of fire with teamwork and cover is kind of the entire point.

But yeah, it really comes down to preference, but to me Battlefield is clearly the more evolved title with a ton more to offer, both graphically and gameplay wise. If you're looking instant gratification and to shoot 12 year olds screaming the N word again, Call of Duty isn't a bad choice....but if you want something a little more modern with a lot more love and work put into it, Battlefield is the way to go. Not trying to sound pretentious or anything, but it's true. Especially the last bit(the first was opinionated conjecture). Call of Duty games have become copy and paste with different environments. Battlefield 3 has been in the oven for like 6 years now. That's more deserving of my money. Review scores should be similar too...and if anything Battlefield 3 is projected to score a little bit higher judging the press reactions to it and the general apathy among the press about Call of Duty.

Quote:
I'm Jvig on finding people to kill type deal about MW.So much easier and more reflex type game.I don't want to be spending half the match trying to kill some one then get killed and work my way over.Same goes for kill streaks will so be annoying in BF.Nothing against BF it will be a solid game.Just more people will be on MW for a long time.
There's no killstreaks in Battlefield. Thank god too. Killstreaks are like the dumbest element of first person shooters. I don't get how anyone thinks it's a good idea, from a balance perspective, to give the team with the best player what essentially amounts to free kills for doing nothing. Leads to people getting five kills and just sitting around trying not to die to spam the next two too, which has a major impact on the quality of the game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 10-20-2011 at 05:46 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone know if generic 360 hard drives work just as well as the microsoft brand? only got a 10 GB drive and i've been meaning to upgrade for awhile, BF3 is certainly a good enough reason too.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not really the case at all, though. I'm not sure what game you've played, but all my BF3 beta experiences was filled with constant action. MW3 and BF3 are just different types of shooters. MW is more about running around and seeing how fast you can react where BF3 requires you to use more strategy and tactics. They both have their merit, but a big problem is when MW fans play BF3 they think they can just run around like a chicken with their head cut off and rack up kills.

BF3 rewards people who are smart, take cover, use the environment to their advantage, and make use of vehicles rather than those who simply have the quickest reaction times (although quick reaction times don't hurt for BF3 either).

Personally, I prefer BF3 simply because the game is ******* hilarious. Some of the things that happen in a game when you add in tanks, helicopters, boats and jets are just priceless.

Add in that it has superior graphics, a superior game engine (destruction!), and is arguably just as deep, if not more so, than MW and it makes for an exciting game. Like I said, I have no real problem with MW as I've played almost all of them, but it has gotten extremely repetitive for me. It really does feel like a copy and paste game with a new single player campaign, new maps, and a few new perks.