Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-20-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci basically nailed what I was trying to say much better. I totally agree. I think a large problem with Battlefield 3 for someone transitioning from Call of Duty is the mentality people bring to the table. It can be rather disorientating and confusing at first as it's a very different game despite the similar setting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am the worlds biggest camper in BF3. But that is only because I like to play as a sniper and 'pretend' to be somewhat realistic. Sneaking around in the forest, on top of mountains, waiting for an unsuspecting victim.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Forenci basically nailed what I was trying to say much better. I totally agree. I think a large problem with Battlefield 3 for someone transitioning from Call of Duty is the mentality people bring to the table. It can be rather disorientating and confusing at first as it's a very different game despite the similar setting.
I had the same problem when I switched over to Bad Company 2. I just tried to rush out and fight everyone and died instantly. Once I eased up a little bit and realized I could take cover, use vehicles to my advantage, and make use of the terrain I improved rapidly.

They're just different play styles. There is really nothing wrong with either way of playing, it's just I prefer the style of BF3.

Even then, I think BF3 will offer people who prefer the quick twitch style of shooter something as well. Metro offered that when you got into the subway sections. Some of shoot outs there were intensely WILD.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya i think my favorite thing about the BF3 beta was the SV98 & the Ballistic Scope(12x) once I got used to the bullet drop it felt amazing nailing headshots from whats seems like a mile away
Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I am the worlds biggest camper in BF3. But that is only because I like to play as a sniper and 'pretend' to be somewhat realistic. Sneaking around in the forest, on top of mountains, waiting for an unsuspecting victim.

Just try not to be one of these guys. There's a special place in hell reserved for wookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I had the same problem when I switched over to Bad Company 2. I just tried to rush out and fight everyone and died instantly. Once I eased up a little bit and realized I could take cover, use vehicles to my advantage, and make use of the terrain I improved rapidly.

They're just different play styles. There is really nothing wrong with either way of playing, it's just I prefer the style of BF3.

Even then, I think BF3 will offer people who prefer the quick twitch style of shooter something as well. Metro offered that when you got into the subway sections. Some of shoot outs there were intensely WILD.
Switching to the Shotty when you got to the Subway on Metro was the way to go, especially if you were attacking. So fun running through the tunnels, specifically getting to B.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont know why people care so much. Even in Gears...it's good strategy to camp sometimes. I cant tell you how many times my teammates in Gears will just run out into oblivion and get merced. They use up all the team respawns in no time. When I'm playing...I enjoy long strategic matches, I feel like i have all the time in the world. If the other team wants to camp, I have no problem camping too. **** it. Make a move.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

"Camping" is an absurd concept anyway. If you can hold a position, you damn well hold it. If the enemy knows where you are and still can't kill you, then they're doing it wrong.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-20-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I still dont know why people care so much. Even in Gears...it's good strategy to camp sometimes. I cant tell you how many times my teammates in Gears will just run out into oblivion and get merced. They use up all the team respawns in no time. When I'm playing...I enjoy long strategic matches, I feel like i have all the time in the world. If the other team wants to camp, I have no problem camping too. **** it. Make a move.
exactly! in any game when i hear teammate complain about camping, i tell them to camp right back. someone is gonna pop

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far my favorite Arkham City moments have been the Ra's Al Ghul and Mad Hatter battles. The Hatter part is so trippy, i love how Batman looks like the Donnie Darko bunny during the fight but its so short!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have yet to get to the hatter! I want to find him so badly. This game is ridiculously amazing for batman fans, I cannot believe how much there is to do in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I have yet to get to the hatter! I want to find him so badly. This game is ridiculously amazing for batman fans, I cannot believe how much there is to do in this game.
Did you not take the drop from luscious?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did it and got to the hatter. It was awesome, I do wish the sequence was a bit longer, how awesome would it have been to go through a trippy wonderland and such? But still very fun sequence.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit. Found an excuse to maybe get me to get BF3...
http://www.co-optimus.com/article/70...lefield-3.html

Also...you guys are making me really want BAC. I'm still pissed they axed the coop, though. That would have been the ultimate selling point for me as I'm not much of a Batman fan (I know all about him, just not among my favorite heroes).
Old 10-20-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent even had that much time for games lately, but I'm still jealous of you Arkham City players.

I may start playing Uncharted 2 today, to see if I can get it done one more time before 3 comes out very soon. I'm excited for that, at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-20-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I havent even had that much time for games lately, but I'm still jealous of you Arkham City players.

I may start playing Uncharted 2 today, to see if I can get it done one more time before 3 comes out very soon. I'm excited for that, at least.
I burned through Uncharted 2 in three days. And that was when I had a fiancee!

:|

I bet I could get through it in two sessions relatively easily a second time around.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

BAC is easily the most addicted I have been to a game since MW2. The replay value is insane, Ive put in way too many hours in the past three or so days.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I burned through Uncharted 2 in three days. And that was when I had a fiancee!

:|

I bet I could get through it in two sessions relatively easily a second time around.
You figure it's probably 8 hours or less. I'm pretty sure it's actually under that. Feels longer, but more like 7 and half.

But I still find myself playing games for less continuess hours a session these days. I still have a few of those 5 hour straight days sometimes. haha. They're harder to come by now. If it was ME3, I'd be killing it. But most recently it was RAGE, which is fun, but can get tedious if you play for an extended time in one sitting.

Oh and I think I'm going to give RTG one more go. I absolutely hate this mode, and I want a damn Qb, but I think I'm going with a Toby Gerhart clone. Never tried that before.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-21-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha there is a LOST reference in Arkham City. Joker tells you about one of his favorite television shows that has crazy coincidences that are never explained and then ends in a church LOL
Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

News broke today that Battlefield 3 will include an early beta into both the co-op and single player demo/beta thingy for Mass Effect 3. I'm hyped.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-21-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So here is a real ?If you could only get one of the two games coming out right now .Which game would you guys get BF3 or MW3?I enjoyed both type of games my self.It is just the transition period type that gets to me just like every one else. I did enjoy the heck out of bf2 though it was pretty good.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to get bored with Madden. Any advice on a good franchise to start up?

I was thinking a fantasy draft where I wouldn't draft anyone over say 25 and would only allow myself 1 90+ and then one 85+.

Then I guess Locker, Mallet, or Cam (ugh) as my starting QB.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 10-21-2011 at 03:16 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Y'all get pass The Riddler's Death trap in the subway maintenance area?I'm confused here.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
How did Y'all get pass The Riddler's Death trap in the subway maintenance area?I'm confused here.
Upgrade the the grappel line to be able to leave lines attached to walls and it will keep you from getting hurt.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Arkham City so far I've basically just been GTA'ing it, patrolling the city beating up bad guys. My Batsuits Armor is fully upgraded and I'm only at 3% complete.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote