Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-20-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ballard is serviceable bc of Eli, plus the fact that nobody covers him. Once teams start to care, he'll go back to 2 catches for 25 yards a game. I like the guy, but we better not pass on any TEs in the first 3 rounds bc of him. Ballard makes Boss look like Deion Sanders.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And yes, Sanu is #1 on my wish list. Unless Blackmon drops, which I doubt.

Him and Luke.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't waste a high pick on a TE in this offensive system. I would however love Coby Fleener for Red Zone situations and matchup problems. I'm not sure what round he's projected but I figure as of know he might be a 3rd/4th Rd guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And yes, Sanu is #1 on my wish list. Unless Blackmon drops, which I doubt.

Him and Luke.
Yeah Sanu would be a sick pickup. I love Ballard! hahaha he is soooo slow but still makes catches! HAHAHA It takes him 10 years to get through his route, and yet he is productive! I love it!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He doesn't drop anything either and as slow as he is his YAC is incredible for someone his size. He's fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-20-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

While I wouldn't be against a 1st round te, I'm not necessarily saying first round. You can find quality te, talent in round 3. Jimmy Graham and Jermichael Finley come to mind as 3rd round guys.

I just want to improve our team speed. Ballard is a jag. Why not improve from that?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
While I wouldn't be against a 1st round te, I'm not necessarily saying first round. You can find quality te, talent in round 3. Jimmy Graham and Jermichael Finley come to mind as 3rd round guys.

I just want to improve our team speed. Ballard is a jag. Why not improve from that?
I'm telling you check out Fleener from Stanford. Since I watch Luck anytime I can I've been watching him now as well. He seems like a matchup nightmare when you need yards or a TD.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm telling you check out Fleener from Stanford. Since I watch Luck anytime I can I've been watching him now as well. He seems like a matchup nightmare when you need yards or a TD.
Is he fast? I want a seam stretcher. I'll try to check him out.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I want Mike Zimmer as our next HC. He just seems like a perfect fit. Tough, runs a man coverage 43 that's aggressive, Parcells disciple, successful coordinator, just seems like a good fit.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Is he fast? I want a seam stretcher. I'll try to check him out.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I want Mike Zimmer as our next HC. He just seems like a perfect fit. Tough, runs a man coverage 43 that's aggressive, Parcells disciple, successful coordinator, just seems like a good fit.
No I don't believe he's that fast which is why he would fall. He reminds me of a Gronkowski type.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
No I don't believe he's that fast which is why he would fall. He reminds me of a Gronkowski type.
Gronk is fast though. If he's a Gronk type he's perfect for our team. Especially being a Stanford kid, you need to be smart to succeed in this offense.

What about that ILB from South Carolina? I'm reading he's a Stewart Bradley type? That's another guy we need to keep an eye on in the 3rd round if we don't get any of the top tier LBs in the draft. I think his name is Cole. I want to scout him if I can get the chance too.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Gronk is fast though. If he's a Gronk type he's perfect for our team. Especially being a Stanford kid, you need to be smart to succeed in this offense.

What about that ILB from South Carolina? I'm reading he's a Stewart Bradley type? That's another guy we need to keep an eye on in the 3rd round if we don't get any of the top tier LBs in the draft. I think his name is Cole. I want to scout him if I can get the chance too.
I don't know I've never thought that Gronk was that fast. I think he just uses his height advantage real well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I haven't seen much of the ILB from USCe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't know I've never thought that Gronk was that fast. I think he just uses his height advantage real well.
Gronk was fast. He ran a 4.65. You don't notice it bc he's such a big body that he doesn't look that fast, but he's fast. He only fell to the 2nd round bc he has a spinal condition that narrows his spine over time.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been saying this for a while, drafting this is actually pretty possible and would be jizztastic:
1. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
2. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
3. Colby Fleener, TE, Stanford

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That would be amazing but there's no way Sanu falls until the 2nd half of the 2nd round. We'd have to trade up for him in that scenario.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default This should be titled The Rutgers Forum

Granted I have a cousin who played there a few back, so I like me some Scarlet Knights, however drafting Sanu over a Burfict, Teo or Keuhlky would be insane. One of those three will complete the defense. From there on out, we would be drafting for depth in the next three years on defense.

The second round should be a pick between G/C or TE or WR. There are a good number of big WRs available in this draft. I like Sanu, Toon, Dwight Jones, and Brian Quick for the secodn round. Sadly, Sanu and Toon will be gone early in the second. If Fuller drops into the second maybe that improves are chances at those two.

How do you guys feel about possibly trading for Aaron Curry. I hear that Seatle would except anything for him. I would have no problem sending over a 5 rounder for him. Maybe they even cut him next year? The knock on Curry is that he isnt a pass rusher, however with our D-line we really don't need one.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Who said they would take Sanu over Kuechly? I love Sanu but I'd take Luke over him.

Also Curry was already traded to Oakland.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-21-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, Sanu is going #1 overall. we're just going to have to trade up for him. It's the only way.

Oh, what's that? Sorry, RU football is relevant again and I well...yeah, you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a DEEP WR class and not a lot of teams need WRs. Blackmon, Jeffery, Floyd, Broyles are all considered better than him. Blackmon and Floyd will drop due to character concerns, and no one other than Alshon will be taken over them. Sanu could very well be there in the round 2 teens. Plus sadly, with our schedule about to get TOUGH and I mean very tough, we might not be picking that late. Also, perhaps we trade Osi for a 2nd and get Sanu early round 2, Fleener late 2???

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone hear Mike F with revis? LOL. Supposedly, they got into a fight with Revis hanging up on Mike.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Prince and Ramses returning to practice today!!! Everyone else who was banged up is also practicing. Some good news on this Monday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuck and Snee is all we need.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Prince should be a big help also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah Prince would be a big help. We better hope he can give us a McCourty type rookie season, or else we're toast vs teams like GB and NE.

I read some article, I believe it was from Garafolo, that broke down how the Giants played their best defense vs Buffalo when we went into man coverage and got out of Fewell's zones.

Seriously, why is this so hard for him to figure out? It's SO frustrating seeing our defense not properly utilized.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this breaking it down to very simplest form but all zones have holes. If any QB has time, he'll find the holes. Man in it's dream form means everyone is covered or at least accounted for. We should be running at least 75% man coverage. The only zone I care for at all are exotic zone blitzes, which almost guarantee a QB will have no time.

I'd rather get beat because one of our guys couldn't make a play rather than having an opposing QB pick a zone apart.