Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree I think RGIII is a Shanny type QB, he's got monster deep ball accuracy, has a quick release which is important, and is incredibly mobile, not to mention he's incredibly intelligent and a fast learner. IMO if Shanny can look past the raw parts of his game RGIII has pro bowl potential in a Shanny system. BTW if the front office thought that Beck was anything more than a backup QB he'd be our starter considering he was with the team the whole offseason and played even with Grossman in the QB competition. Even considering him in the future is ludicrous.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another great weekend for the skins! losses to giants and eagles!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
Skins are sure having things role their way early on. I still think this team is an 8-8 team and will miss the playoffs but I think Shanny has the team on the right track.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, they can pretty much bury the Eagles for this year with a win. I think they matchup well vs Philly and coming off a bye too...But I won't get my hopes up yet
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't forget last year, I know we are different but still I won't forget that embarassment so I'll temper my expectations.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're welcome.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Wow, they can pretty much bury the Eagles for this year with a win. I think they matchup well vs Philly and coming off a bye too...But I won't get my hopes up yet
You guys play the Eagles? Wow.

BURY THEM ALIVE!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting the Redskins to win this game. I have said it a few times that they are built to beat the Eagles. Their strengths as a team exploit the Eagles weaknesses.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I'm expecting the Redskins to win this game. I have said it a few times that they are built to beat the Eagles. Their strengths as a team exploit the Eagles weaknesses.
If they stick to the running game and take the ball out of Rex's hands they'll have a decent shot.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol rexy doing what rexy does
Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Quote:
lol rexy doing what rexy does
We all knew this was coming. So far in 2011 Sexy Rexy has 11 turnovers and 6 TD passes. Even when we were winning he was hurting the team.
Maybe a couple of good things can come of this: Beck is at least competent as a starter and Shanny realizes he has to draft his QB of the future in April.
If we start Rex next week I will gouge my eyes out rather than watch that game.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Rex. I'll take a loss if it means I never have to see Rex on the field again. Let me see what's behind door #2
Old 10-17-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
lol Rex. I'll take a loss if it means I never have to see Rex on the field again. Let me see what's behind door #2
bring back colt brennan!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel stupid :(

The Skins got away from the running game pretty quick. I guess they had to because they were down alot. The Orakpo hit in the end zone on vick which negated an intentional grounding call (IMO) really hurt too.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Last week it was the iggles making the mistakes which let the bills beat them.

This week,fresh from a bye it was our turn to mess up and since we are not a quick score team like the iggles we had no chance.
Especially when 2 of our Linemen are badly injured(deliberate cheap shots??).
Only we DID have a chance in the second half thanks to our improving D.
The Skins out-scored the dirty birds and shut them out.
That was with Rexy and the wideouts with the dropsies and lack of a run game and a re-shuffled O-Line and no Cooley.

Crazy!

Felt bad after the game(deja vu) but today i dunno....................

Of course if they are starting Rexy next sunday im looking elsewhere!
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Well at least Beck looked like a competent QB out there compared to Rex. The injuries are probably a blessing in disguise.

We weren't expecting these guys to do any damage in the playoffs and now some young guys like Helu and the WR's can step in and get some playing time. Probably end up with about 6-7 wins like originally thought. Decent draft spot for an early QB or not too far down to trade up if needed.

Injuries are going to affect this team worse than others since they're just now starting to rebuild some depth on this team. The D looked pretty atrocious. Orakpo's play was dissapointing.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

I am not sure what makes you think we can pull off 6-7 wins. Moss is out 5-7 weeks...Hightower for the year...we can't seem to get a string of games going with two healthy starting safeties...fletcher pulled his hamstring...trent williams is out anther week or two at least...If we win 2 more games I will be surprised. Beck did look pedestrian at best but god help me if I have to watch this guy play qb for long term.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Lol, well they have a pretty cake schedule is the only reason I think they win a few more, not like it matters. BUF, SF, MIA, SEA, MIN. They'll probably pull something out of that. That's not really the point though, I could care less if they win 1 more game. In fact, I'd rather them not.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Quote:
Lol, well they have a pretty cake schedule is the only reason I think they win a few more, not like it matters. BUF, SF, MIA, SEA, MIN. They'll probably pull something out of that. That's not really the point though, I could care less if they win 1 more game. In fact, I'd rather them not.
The Skins will be lucky to win 3 more games. MIA, SEA and maybe MINN are the only games I see the Skins have any hope of winning. Skins may have to overdraft a QB (like Minny did with Ponder) because depending on where they finish.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

If the Redskins pick in the top 5 they could very well throw everything possible at the team picking number 1 to try and get Luck.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
If the Redskins pick in the top 5 they could very well throw everything possible at the team picking number 1 to try and get Luck.
Would be fine by me if we did. I'd be happy with Barkley too. Really impressive 6 td performance this weekend against Colorado. Colorado is awful but 6 tds in any game is impressive and some were quite nice throws.

It was nice to see Hankerson get some playing time and contribute this weekend. I thought he looked much improved from the preseason. The Niners are a really tough team to run the football on so I wasnt surprised that we didnt try to force it. Helu ran pretty well though and obviously showed he has the ability to catch passes out of the backfield. He made a few mistakes but you can definitely see the upside and the more touches he gets the better I think he will be going forward.

Kerrigan and Orakpo played outstanding I thought. Kerrigan started off the season beyond expectations then kind of cooled off for a couple games but he was back and better than ever this weekend. Those two are really going to be something to watch over the years.

OLine played better. Maurice Hurt made an appearance and didnt embarrass himself or even give up a sack for that matter. Trent Williams back makes a big difference. He was playing really well until he got yanked for the personal foul. It sucks that the second man always is the one that gets caught.

I know it doesnt need to be said but John Beck is plain awful. He shows zero confidence, zero mechanics, zero leadership, zero anything. He's painful to watch.

Last edited by DiG : 11-07-2011 at 08:39 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Shannys post game quote on Hank:

"Well, [wide receiver Leonard] Hankerson has been practicing pretty good through the last few weeks. We wanted to give him an opportunity. I think he’s a difference-maker in this league. He’s got a chance to be an elite receiver. You can see it in practice — his ability to beat bump coverage one-on-one."

Some food for thought. Brandon Marshalls rookie year under Shanahan in Denver he only played in the last 8 games and finished the year with 20 rec 309 yds and 2 tds.

Last edited by DiG : 11-07-2011 at 08:40 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

And he also said he'd stake his reputation on Beck and Grossman and also said Royster remineded him of Terrell Davis, so I put little stock in what Shanny says, I still feel like Hankerson has bad hands, can't run a route, and isn't really physical given his size. He's just kind of in between, I saw far more potential in Malcolm Kelly if it weren't for the injuries.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

This team is what it is at this point, not sure what else to say. Arguing over Beck and Rex is like arguing which fat chick looks better.

Bottom line, this team needs a real QB. Its kind of hard to judge the rest of the offense with Beck/Rex running the team. Almost every sack in that Bills game was on Beck, the Oline played ok. Its tough to tell how good some of these WR's are as well this QB combo. Lots of missed reads and inaccurate throws.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

kerrigan is having himself a game