Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-25-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to have to get cheap games first but everything will be new to be so I don't care how old they are.

I like Sports (Football,Basketball and Boxing),platformers,racing and some shooters but I'm not like OMG shooters.

I plan on getting Resident Evil 5 and Little Big Planet ASAP since they are cheap and I love RE and LBP sounds like it's right up my alley.

I'm pretty much open to any suggestions.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if you dont love shooters, Uncharted is a must.

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
Mass Effect 2
Dead Space
Dead Space 2 (Resident Evil...in space)
the Assassins Creed Series (AC 2 is damn near brilliant, imo)
the Ratchet and Clank Series would be right up your alley
Batman Arkham Aslyum

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested in Red Dead Redemption. It looks like the game Gun from PS2 which I loved. Also are any of the Fight Night boxing games any good?

Edit: Both Batman games are all ready on my list have heard nothing but good things.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Dead Redemption is a fantastic game for sure. If you end up liking that, you should check out Grand Theft Auto 4 and L.A. Noire as well. Different themes, but similar gameplay, mission structure, and cinematic story telling. They're all top notch, big budget games developed or produced by Rockstar.

And the Fight Night games are great as well. I prefer Fight Night Round 4 to the newest one, however. And it's probably like $10.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-25-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I might skip Uncharted 2 and go straight for Uncharted 3, looks so ******* awesome.
Don't skip out on UC 2 its an amazing game and the best non sports game I've ever played. I assume u played UC1 and UC2 is much much better. I've only beat it once bc i got started late and im dying to go back and play it again.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm going to have to get cheap games first but everything will be new to be so I don't care how old they are.

I like Sports (Football,Basketball and Boxing),platformers,racing and some shooters but I'm not like OMG shooters.

I plan on getting Resident Evil 5 and Little Big Planet ASAP since they are cheap and I love RE and LBP sounds like it's right up my alley.

I'm pretty much open to any suggestions.

Here are some old games that all should be in the 20$ range.

Uncharted 1 & 2 - Both are must games

Resistance 1&2 - Nothing fancy here and prob nohting diffrent then other FPS but both are fun and can be found cheap. Also the 3rd just came out

Mafia 2 - Great story

Heavy Rain - A very diffrent game thats everyone here in this thread loves

LA Noire - This one is newer but if you like TV shows like the closer its a fun and diffrent game. Its not a shooter though or like gta.

MLB the show - If you like baseball games also a great single player mode
Old 10-25-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Red Dead Redemption is a fantastic game for sure. If you end up liking that, you should check out Grand Theft Auto 4 and L.A. Noire as well. Different themes, but similar gameplay, mission structure, and cinematic story telling. They're all top notch, big budget games developed or produced by Rockstar.
Ya, I really like games that give you free reign to go and do what ever.

Edit: I have like a list of 20 games I want now lol and I don't even have the PS3 yet...:/
Old 10-25-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Ya, I really like games that give you free reign to go and do what ever.
Yeah, those three are for you then.

I dont know how you feel about RPGs...but Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games of all-time. It doesnt get any more free reign than that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Are the Ninja Gaiden games any good? I was a huge fan when I was a kid.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm interested in Red Dead Redemption. It looks like the game Gun from PS2 which I loved. Also are any of the Fight Night boxing games any good?

Edit: Both Batman games are all ready on my list have heard nothing but good things.
RDR is really fun, you will like it.

I personally don't care for the Ninja Gaiden games but they are pretty popular I think.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Ninja Gaiden as a kid. The first XBox Ninja Gaiden was really good, but hard. I'm not sure how the ones after that were, all I remember hearing about them were that they're pretty difficult.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

God of War >>>>>>>>>>>> Ninja Gaiden

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
God of War >>>>>>>>>>>> Ninja Gaiden
NES Ninja Gaiden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NES God of War
Old 10-25-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys, quick question about Uncharted, I didn't play the 1st, but my bro just got the 2nd. How lost will I be if I start playing #2 w/o any prior knowledge of the 1st one?
Old 10-25-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
NES Ninja Gaiden >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NES God of War

Oh, really?

In all honesty, the Ninja Gaiden games are pretty good. Some major flaws to them, but they're good stuff for a good price at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 10-25-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
hey guys, quick question about Uncharted, I didn't play the 1st, but my bro just got the 2nd. How lost will I be if I start playing #2 w/o any prior knowledge of the 1st one?
You'd be fine...but it's better to play the first, just to know the characters better, and be familar with his past adventures. Both games are excellent.

They just make some references to the first game and some key characters return. It's very cinematic, so you may feel lost for a tiny bit, as the characters reminisce, but it shouldnt throw anyone for a loop, really.

I just recommened playing both before playing 3. Just because the stories are just excellent and the continuation factor just makes it all the more fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-25-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tearing it on BF3 who has it yet?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 10-25-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

**** yes. I win.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Honestly, I would tell any new PS3 owner, that the first game they should buy would be the first Uncharted.

And as I posted before, every PS3 owner has to at least try Heavy Rain. It's not for everyone, but it's just so unique and a great experience. A game that everyone should try, at least once. It also tells a great story and looks pretty damn sexy, as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'd be fine...but it's better to play the first, just to know the characters better, and be familar with his past adventures. Both games are excellent.

They just make some references to the first game and some key characters return. It's very cinematic, so you may feel lost for a tiny bit, as the characters reminisce, but it shouldnt throw anyone for a loop, really.

I just recommened playing both before playing 3. Just because the stories are just excellent and the continuation factor just makes it all the more fun.
Thanks man, gonna buy it used or rent it and knock out the story. I've been meaning to get on Uncharted for a while now. +rep to ya. thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Honestly, I would tell any new PS3 owner, that the first game they should buy would be the first Uncharted.

And as I posted before, every PS3 owner has to at least try Heavy Rain. It's not for everyone, but it's just so unique and a great experience. A game that everyone should try, at least once. It also tells a great story and looks pretty damn sexy, as well.
Totally agree, Uncharted 3 is arguably PS3's best exclusive.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I hope Netflix still plans on renting games so I can try out the million games I have been missing. There was talking of them doing it but now they have been mum on the issue.