Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I can't find the article but last preseason Singletary asked Nate Davis how much of the playbook he knew and Davis said he knew around 2/3 or 3/4 of it.

No way he would be able to learn and understand Harbaugh's offense.
Even if that was true, I would have taken my chances with Davis knowing that amount of the playbook over our quarterbacks that apparently knew the entire thing. At least Davis could actually throw the football LOL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every once in a while, sure. Most of the time his passes were pretty but very off-target.

@hawkeye - I was just reading through that topic in your sig and wow some of those people most feel really stupid right now.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-25-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't have a receiver in the top 50 are you serious...

Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Nate Davis. Took a TON of crap for saying he was the #3 QB in that draft, behind Stafford and Freeman, and calling him a "short-Roethlisberger."

With that said, I watched him closely in his limited snaps with the Colts this preseason and it was hideous.

He turned the wrong way on handoff attempts, rolled the wrong way on sprint-out passes, and threw into double and triple coverage. He did all of that on 2 "3-and-out" possesions, I believe.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jimmy Raye's offense was from Tecmo Bowl. His second year he upgraded to Super Tecmo Bowl with 8 plays!
Hey hey hey!!! Dont insult Tecmo Super Bowl like that!!! LOL.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What??????
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
What??????
We don't have a receiver in the top 50 in receiving yardage in the NFL. That's how terrible our passing game has been. Just pathetic. Walsh is rolling in his grave.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-25-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5-1 Ness. 5-1.

Top 6 RB in YPG.
Top 8 RB in Rushing Yards.
Top 10 RB in TDs
Top 9 QB in Comp. %
No.1 QB in Ints.
Top 9 QB in Rating.
Top 11 Defense in YPG
Top 4 Defense in 3rd Down %
Top 2 Defense in PPG
Top 2 Defense in Total Points
Top 2 Defense in Rushing Yards
Top 5 Defense in Rushing Yards/Play
Top 2 Defense in Rushing Yards/Game
No. 1 Defense in Rushing TDs
Top 11 Defense in Passing TDs
Top 10 Defense in Ints
Top 10 Defense in Sacks
Top 5 Defense in QB Rating

Don't just look at the negatives.

The offense will grow. It'll certainly be nice to have Crabtree and Edwards healthy together for the first time. There's been no continuity from the WRs. Let's hope that they improve as the O-Line and Running Game have improved.

Last edited by phlysac : 10-25-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I'm not overlooking what we've accomplished, but this team has a long ways to go before they can contend with the Saints and the Packers. Really, what is going to happen if we get into a shootout? I want the 49ers to have the ability to keep up. When we're down twenty points we're not going to be so fortunate that the opposing team is just going to keep turning the ball over keeping us in the game.

And not having a receiver in the top 50 is just ridiculous I don't care what anyone says. You're not going to get a ring with that kind of production from the passing game.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 10-26-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not overlooking what we've accomplished, but this team has a long ways to go before they can contend with the Saints and the Packers. Really, what is going to happen if we get into a shootout? I want the 49ers to have the ability to keep up. When we're down twenty points we're not going to be so fortunate that the opposing team is just going to keep turning the ball over keeping us in the game.
I completely understand. However, you're trying to equate a decade+ poor offense in it's first few months of adapting a system that can succeed, with all-time elite NFL offenses. The team's not there yet. Let's hope the ball-control style of Power running, and tremendously stout, turnover producing defense can prevent the team from being being behind a ton or being in shootouts. In the meantime, be patient.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't need to even think about New Orleans or Green Bay. They aren't on the schedule. Only way we have to play those guys is in a likely 2nd round matchup. If we're in the second round, then we're having a great god damn season. So I'm not trippin on the Saints and Packers. We'd be free-rolling at that point.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vernon Davis is 43rd............in the NFC :D
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson
Old 10-26-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And not having a receiver in the top 50 is just ridiculous I don't care what anyone says. You're not going to get a ring with that kind of production from the passing game.
We were also down by 2 scores to a team that was 5-0, at home, ranked near the top 10 in passing yards, and the 49ers still managed to come back and win that game. I think you are getting a little too caught up in passing yardage. You look at something like Football Outsiders ranking that came out today:
Quote:
These are the Football Outsiders team efficiency ratings through seven weeks of 2011, measured by our proprietary Defense-adjusted Value Over Average (DVOA) system that breaks down every single play and compares a team's performance to the league average based on situation in order to determine value over average. (Explained further here.)

OFFENSE and DEFENSE DVOA are adjusted to consider all fumbles, kept or lost, as equal value. SPECIAL TEAMS DVOA is adjusted for type of stadium (warm, cold, dome, Denver) and week of season
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...7-dvoa-ratings
(Thru 7 Weeks)
49ers Offensive Rank: 17th
GB Offensive Rank: 2nd
NO Offensive Rank: 4th

49ers Defensive Rank: 4th
GB Defensive Rank: 18th
NO Defensive Rank: 25th

49ers Special Teams Rank: 1st
GB Special Teams Rank: 14th
NO Special Teams Rank: 11th

49ers have both GB and NO beat in 2 of the categories and 49ers are close to the middle of the pack in offense. If the trend of the 49ers defense and special teams being elite and the 49ers offense staying middle of the pack continue they have a chance to hang with anybody.

One more sign why I believe the pass game is going to improve is that through 6 weeks Alex Smith is top 10 in deep passes:
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-deep-passing/
Granted the number of attempts makes it a small sample size that was one area he graded out poorly in last season. Add in that the 49ers are going to be getting Edwards back (who was 8th in yards per catch last season) I feel that the arrow is pointing up for the 49ers passing game.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 10-26-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Closet 9er fan coming out. I've always liked the 9ers, but ever since moving to the Bay Area, they've become my favorite team. What Harbaugh's been able to do with this team is nothing short of amazing.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
We don't need to even think about New Orleans or Green Bay. They aren't on the schedule. Only way we have to play those guys is in a likely 2nd round matchup. If we're in the second round, then we're having a great god damn season. So I'm not trippin on the Saints and Packers. We'd be free-rolling at that point.
Really? I'd be a bit concerned. Winning against the Lions or the Buccaneers or even an NFC team in the playoffs at home wouldn't be a huge deal to me. The only real powerhouses in the NFC in my opinion are New Orleans and Green Bay, and we want to potentially get to the Super Bowl, we'd have to play them.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:10 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? I'd be a bit concerned. Winning against the Lions or the Buccaneers or even an NFC team in the playoffs at home wouldn't be a huge deal to me. The only real powerhouses in the NFC in my opinion are New Orleans and Green Bay, and we want to potentially get to the Super Bowl, we'd have to play them.
Wouldn't be a big deal? The 9ers haven't been in the playoffs since 2002. Set some realistic expectations, a playoff win is HUGE for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for nine years. Rome wasn't built in a day. Especially when that day is cut short by lockout.

This team is one year removed from a 6-10 season and now they're playing great football. The goal doesn't have to be a Super Bowl. The goal shouldn't be a Super Bowl. The goal should be to play good football and make the playoffs.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Wouldn't be a big deal? The 9ers haven't been in the playoffs since 2002. Set some realistic expectations, a playoff win is HUGE for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for nine years. Rome wasn't built in a day. Especially when that day is cut short by lockout.

This team is one year removed from a 6-10 season and now they're playing great football. The goal doesn't have to be a Super Bowl. The goal shouldn't be a Super Bowl. The goal should be to play good football and make the playoffs.
Well I already assume we're making the playoffs due to the rest of the NFC West being terrible by default. Not to say we aren't playing great, but the Buccaneers and Lions aren't that big of a deal to me and now that I think of it they may not even be in the playoffs. We'll have to see. A playoff win for the 49ers would be significant, but if this is the same team that will show up in January, I would already expect us to beat a team like Tampa Bay or Detroit at home. Probably the Falcons as well seeing as Michael Turner wouldn't be able to run on us most likely and Matt Ryan's success is usually attributed to whether Turner has a good performance or not. A true test for the NFC's elite would be a matchup against the Saints or Packers.

And the goal should always be the Super Bowl. Especially if you know you're already going to the playoffs.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 04:09 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well I already assume we're making the playoffs due to the rest of the NFC West being terrible by default. Not to say we aren't playing great, but the Buccaneers and Lions aren't that big of a deal to me and now that I think of it they may not even be in the playoffs. We'll have to see. A playoff win for the 49ers would be significant, but if this is the same team that will show up in January, I would already expect us to beat a team like Tampa Bay or Detroit at home. Probably the Falcons as well seeing as Michael Turner wouldn't be able to run on us most likely and Matt Ryan's success is usually attributed to whether Turner has a good performance or not. A true test for the NFC's elite would be a matchup against the Saints or Packers.

And the goal should always be the Super Bowl. Especially if you know you're already going to the playoffs.
The 5-2 Lions, 4-2 Bucs (who beat the Saints), aren't a big deal?

And so you expect to go from a middling team picking in the top 10 to the NFL's elite in one year, with a new coaching staff, and a lockout? Expecting too much there. Yes, the ultimate goal is a Super Bowl, but that doesn't have to be the yearly goal. Are the Dolphins, Rams, Broncos, etc, expecting a Super Bowl trip next year? No. Should they be? No. When your team has been bad, the goal and expectation isn't to get to the Super Bowl the next year, but to be competitive and maybe make the playoffs. A Super Bowl is a multi-year process -- you don't just get there one year after being a bad team.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:50 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think beating the Bucs 48-3 is a big deal...
Old 10-26-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness, your looking too much at yards without realizing we are dead last in passing attempts. We haven't been passing so it is not surprising, let alone pathetic, that we don't have a receiver in the top 50 in yards.

I understand your concern that we might not be able to keep up with a team in a shootout but you also aren't being very realistic about your concerns. If we had gotten into a shootout with a team and not been able to keep up than you might have a point but we haven't needed to yet. There is no evidence that says we can but also none that says we can't. The closest situation was when we were down by 20 at halftime against one of the best offenses in the league and we came back to win with Alex throwing for about 200 yards and two touchdowns in the second half.

Our offense has looked fantastic when we came out passing in three of six games this year; Seattle, Dallas and Tampa Bay; allowing us to jump out to a double-digit lead in each game before we took our foot off of the gas. I don't think it is a coincidence that the three games we started slow; Cincinnati, Philadelphia and Detroit; were all early, east-coast games. But we finished all of those games strong, our passing offense looked good when it needed to and we won every one of those games.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-26-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys leave Ness alone if the Niners win a Superbowl he's gonna find something to ***** about quickly becoming the Njx of the Niners forum.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yes, the Niners don't need to worry about GB or NO at this point. Keep improving, take the division, win the first game on Wild Card weekend, and see's who is there. They'd be playing with house money at that point.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-26-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Guys leave Ness alone if the Niners win a Superbowl he's gonna find something to ***** about quickly becoming the Njx of the Niners forum.
Oh yes I'll definitely be mad if the 49ers win the Super Bowl. Want to put money on that?

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
The 5-2 Lions, 4-2 Bucs (who beat the Saints), aren't a big deal?

And so you expect to go from a middling team picking in the top 10 to the NFL's elite in one year, with a new coaching staff, and a lockout? Expecting too much there. Yes, the ultimate goal is a Super Bowl, but that doesn't have to be the yearly goal. Are the Dolphins, Rams, Broncos, etc, expecting a Super Bowl trip next year? No. Should they be? No. When your team has been bad, the goal and expectation isn't to get to the Super Bowl the next year, but to be competitive and maybe make the playoffs. A Super Bowl is a multi-year process -- you don't just get there one year after being a bad team.
The Buccaneers are 4-3.

And I think a lot of the players in the 49ers lockeroom would disagree with what the yearly goal is. It's to get a ring. Especially if you already know you're going to the playoffs. You'd be content with the 49ers just winning a playoff game?

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I think beating the Bucs 48-3 is a big deal...
We already beat them. That's why I said if we met them again, I'd already expect a victory.

Quote:
Closed Thread