Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-26-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I really didn't care for the story in Uncharted 2. UC2 graphics definitely aren't the end all graphics, not even on consoles. I'd take God of War 3 graphics and cinematic storytelling over UC2 personally.

I think I'm gonna replay Uncharted 2 now also, or maybe the first. I haven't played the original in a long time.
Meh...I loved God of War 3. But I fail to see how it looks better at all. I've heard some others say this, but I just dont see it. The artistic directions are completely different. Uncharted is more grounded in reality and some things actually fall short in God of War 3 graphically. Some of the character models are nothing special at all. I was actually a little underwhelmed by GOW 3's graphics at times. Uncharted 2 is consistent throughout. I've still yet to see anything on a console that could touch it.

And for the cinematic storytelling, I dont think it's even close. Uncharted 2 flows seamlessly from gameplay to the most cinematic cutscenes on the market. The acting, voice-acting, and direction is just at a ridiculous level. You'd think you were watching a blockbuster action movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I know it came out a couple months ago but has anyone played Deus Ex? I'm going to pickup Batman later today and have had my eye on Deus EX for a little while, if the price has come down I think I'm gonna grab that too. I didn't play the first one so I have no idea about the storyline, but the trailer looked bad-ass and it got some pretty good reviews.
It's a really good game. It aint too pretty sometimes, graphically. But it's great fun. Just a really solid RPG/shooter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-26-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Meh...I loved God of War 3. But I fail to see how it looks better at all. I've heard some others say this, but I just dont see it. The artistic directions are completely different. Uncharted is more grounded in reality and some things actually fall short in God of War 3 graphically. Some of the character models are nothing special at all. I was actually a little underwhelmed by GOW 3's graphics at times. Uncharted 2 is consistent throughout. I've still yet to see anything on a console that could touch it.

And for the cinematic storytelling, I dont think it's even close. Uncharted 2 flows seamlessly from gameplay to the most cinematic cutscenes on the market. The acting, voice-acting, and direction is just at a ridiculous level. You'd think you were watching a blockbuster action movie.
What falls short in GoW3 graphically? I don't remember having any issues with models or anything like that, but it has been a while since I've played it.

One thing that bugged me about Uncharted 2 was the characters' eyes, specifically Chloe. I cringed whenever she was in a cutscene.

A Michael Bay blockbuster action movie maybe. Sure the cinematic storytelling was good, but I think the story is one of the most overrated in games. It didn't interest me at all, so I'll take God of War 3 over it any time.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
What falls short in GoW3 graphically? I don't remember having any issues with models or anything like that, but it has been a while since I've played it.

One thing that bugged me about Uncharted 2 was the characters' eyes, specifically Chloe. I cringed whenever she was in a cutscene.

A Michael Bay blockbuster action movie maybe. Sure the cinematic storytelling was good, but I think the story is one of the most overrated in games. It didn't interest me at all, so I'll take God of War 3 over it any time.
Uncharted's story is your typical blockbuster action movie affair. That's the point. But it's so ridiculously well done. It's composed at a level which is just unmatched. Even the most subtle of character movements or actions just gives it this "life like" quality. It can compare to Heavy Rain and L.A. Noire in this regard. But the beautiful blockbuster set pieces and movie like action just put everything over the top.

As for God of War 3...I thought some of the character models in general were lacking. Inconsistent ground textures and some of the big guys just look ugly from a far. The texture work is great up close...but they just look blurry or lackluster from a distance...example) Perses. Really any of the enemy types that had that fiery charred/burnt look to them, looked kind of God of War 2ish. They just looked texturly bland.

I still think it's a beautiful game, and I absolutely loved the game more than most God of Wars fans. I know a lot of people were let down by it for whatever reason, I personally loved it. I just dont think it's exactly on par with Uncharted 2, graphically. The fact that Uncharted 2 accomplishes what it does with a free cam as well, is just astounding. And again those sutble details likes Drake's hair blowing reallistically in the wind, snow accumulating in his hair, or when his clothes get soaked, and they slowly dry in the sun over time. It really is something to marvel at.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-26-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I cringed whenever Chloe was in a cutscene too...from my O face!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elena > Chloe.

And with regards to UC2 vs. GOW3, when it first came out I thought GOW3 had even better graphics than the Uncharteds. However, I think I've come to realize, kind of similar to what MOTH said, is that there are parts of GOW3 where I think the graphics are better, but it's not the entire game. Probably like 60% maybe?

Whereas Uncharted 2 is consistent across the entire game for the most part with great graphics. So it's really like GOW3 shows flashes where they made it look awesome at certain parts and kind of half assed the others. But really, the "half assed" parts of GOW3 are still much better than most everything else so it's really not a complaint.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh yeah, I have Battlefield 3 now for anyone who might want to play, PSN: Buddha_Brown
Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just killed a boss I had been stuck on since Sunday in Dark Souls. You have no idea how gratifying it felt haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I think we all that feeling. I love video games but I suck at all them lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm at that part in Uncharted 2 that gives off the heavy Shenmue vibe. Loooove it. Drake is totally wearing some Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue) digs.

Shenmue 2

Uncharted 2

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-29-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
harry1
Rookie

harry1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

first paycheck is going towards that haha
Old 10-29-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright guys I am just about done with Resistance 1... I need some advice. What should I play next. Resistance 2, Uncharted 2 or God Of War 3
Old 10-29-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uncharted 2 man .
Old 10-31-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Alright guys I am just about done with Resistance 1... I need some advice. What should I play next. Resistance 2, Uncharted 2 or God Of War 3
I thought reistance 2 was good so id go with it.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Already started Uncharted 2... It seems like it is going to be a good but really short game. I am already 13% complete and I feel like I have done nothing.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Already started Uncharted 2... It seems like it is going to be a good but really short game. I am already 13% complete and I feel like I have done nothing.
I didnt see where u had said uncharted 2 I loved that game my fav non sports game of all time. It took me longer then most to play it bc I died like 5364 times.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Uncharted 2 is about 8-9 hours or so.

I just beat it again recently.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-31-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get BF3 or wait for MW3

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've played an hour of Uncharted 3 so far...I'm in love.

No surprise here...it's amazingly awesome.

But yeah, a slight adjustment getting used to some character tweaks. Nate looks a little different in each game. They lightened his eyes up in this one and it makes a huge difference. And they changed Chloe's apperance and eyes as well. She looked better before, imo. Even know her eyes were a little outlandish.

But anyway, it's fantastic. Playing as teenage Drake is full of win. I love me some playable flashbacks in games. Such a great story technique.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-01-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Graphics still just as good as the last one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I've played an hour of Uncharted 3 so far...I'm in love.

No surprise here...it's amazingly awesome.

But yeah, a slight adjustment getting used to some character tweaks. Nate looks a little different in each game. They lightened his eyes up in this one and it makes a huge difference. And they changed Chloe's apperance and eyes as well. She looked better before, imo. Even know her eyes were a little outlandish.

But anyway, it's fantastic. Playing as teenage Drake is full of win. I love me some playable flashbacks in games. Such a great story technique.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Pretty much the same on the graphics front. They just cleaned up the character models a bit. Their eyes still have that weird glow to them sometimes, but it's not as bad. It's still gorgeous.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-01-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a live mw3 event is going on on IGNlive .com site right now

http://www.twitch.tv/ignlive?utm_cam... ames.ign.com
Old 11-01-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

GTA 5 debut trailer tomorrow boys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping they go back to SA. GTA needs to get rid of the annoying cell phone mechanic, though. Rockstar just put way too much useless crap in that game. Pretty confident they'll clean it all up, get rid of poor gameplay mechanics and add new fun ones.

Last edited by nepg : 11-01-2011 at 04:32 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Get BF3 or wait for MW3
Is it really worth getting any of the COD games on PS3? I have held off on it just because of the mixed reviews. Some of the things I have heard/read say it's just not worth getting into COD if you don't have an XBOX.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote