Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-28-2011, 05:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all of the draft picks are turning out pretty well.

*Baldwin is working himself into the offense after being out earlier in the season with a thumb injury
*Hudson is the obvious future C and looked solid in that role in pre-season.
*Houston looks like an absolute stud and a perfect fit opposite Hali at times (slowly coming along)
*Bailey is mentioned in the posts above.
*Jalil Brown is buried on the CB depth chart, but it sounds like he's coming along well
*Stanzi absolutely rocked in the limited training camp and the coaches love him
*Gabe Miller was conveniently placed on the IR before the season began. He needs more time to develop, but has some excellent tools.
*Powe hasn't seen much action, but looked great in the pre-season
*Shane Bannon is on the PS. Chiefs are trying to keep him a secret, and will likely replace LeRon McClain in 2012.

They really didn't miss on any picks.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love for them to actually let Justin Houston rush the passer a bit, but meh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he was tearing **** up when they let him go in pre-season. If the Chiefs were running Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense with the guys they have, they'd lead the NFL in sacks and teams flat-out wouldn't want to play them.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's what cracks me up about people blasting our pass rush. it's alot more to do with the scheme we run than the players we have. i grew up watching the Schottenheimer Chiefs play defense. i would much rather an aggressive defense. sacks, turnovers and pressure change the dynamic of a game faster than anything else. we have the personnel (when 100% healthy) to run a very aggressive defense. Hali, Houston and DJ are great pass rushers when turned loose. our CBs can cover in man 2 man or zone. Berry and Lewis are good at creating TOs.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was in love with bailey for a long time as a potential pass rushing 5 tech, glad to see him coming around early...lot of people knocked him as just being an athlete.

hows tyson jackson doing? any better? i know dorsey had a DE coming out party last year, tyson was my dude a few years ago
Old 10-28-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Tyson's been a lot better this year. He's starting to put it together (hopefully). I think he struggled with the size and role change early in his career.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Mike Tolbert might not play Monday which is good news for the Chiefs. That said Gates should play and I'm sure he will kill the Chiefs like always.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're missing their RG too. I'm not going to complain.. the Chiefs have enough injuries.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mike-tolbert/

Quote:
Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman is out after suffering a scary concussion and seizure last week. Norv Turner also admitted that running back Mike Tolbert is likely out, as is starting outside linebacker Shaun Phillips.
Shaun Phillips being out could be huge. I'm still expecting the Chiefs to lose a close game but they have a chance.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I actually like the Chiefs to win in a close game. Arrowhead, MNF, we've got all the momentum in the world right now.. 23 to 20 Chiefs.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They can stop Matthews. They had issues bringing Tolbert down (everyone does).
Old 10-30-2011, 03:45 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

So Tashard Choice was waived by the Cowboys. He's injured, but could be a nice upgrade over Jones for the Chiefs if his shoulder heals.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I've taken dumps that run harder than Thomas Jones. I'd give Choice a lookover.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates is who concerns me.we have absoltely no one who can stay with him not even DJ
Old 11-03-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2011/11/0...ed-the-chiefs/

Leigh Bodden Reportedly Visited The Chiefs.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I wouldn't hate the signing, I just don't know where he'd fit. CB depth is good, S depth is not.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the injuries we've had, i will take extra depth anywhere. IMO, having Bodden at the nickle CB bumps everyone else down 1 and makes our secondary really strong at skill and depth. i'll take it!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Bodden is a huge upgrade for the secondary depth and is a great fit in KC. It would only take one injury to one of the corners to completely **** this team up. Bodden can play corner in this defense at a very high level.

His departure from New England was not football related.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'll start off saying that I KNOW we don't run the attacking style of defense that Pittsburgh or the Jets run, but we have the personnel to do it. I want to start getting heavy pressure on the opposing teams QB. It's how you win and it's how you become an ELITE defense.

I'm tired of being close and not making it.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

we saw on Sunday what happens to a much better team when their QB is running for his life. Miami sucks donkey balls, but they came in to a hostile stadium and kicked our ass cause they had a great game plan and got after the QB. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NY Giants, Packers, the examples of teams winning with aggressive pressure is fresh in the memory. plus, lets name the places you wouldn't want to go play in the playoffs: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NY, Green Bay. because of their defense and crowd. we have half of that and the talent for the other half. i love Romeo, but a coach should play to his teams strengths. i don't believe that is happening. we got the CBs to play an aggressive style. we have the LBs to play and aggressive style. the only thing missing is the play calling.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
we saw on Sunday what happens to a much better team when their QB is running for his life. Miami sucks donkey balls, but they came in to a hostile stadium and kicked our ass cause they had a great game plan and got after the QB. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NY Giants, Packers, the examples of teams winning with aggressive pressure is fresh in the memory. plus, lets name the places you wouldn't want to go play in the playoffs: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NY, Green Bay. because of their defense and crowd. we have half of that and the talent for the other half. i love Romeo, but a coach should play to his teams strengths. i don't believe that is happening. we got the CBs to play an aggressive style. we have the LBs to play and aggressive style. the only thing missing is the play calling.
The thing missing is pressure up front. The only pressure we got from the DL is from Gregg. Packers get pressure from BJ Raji. Giants have a ton of pass rushers on the DL. Steelers get pressure from Hampton. Ravens get pressure from Ngata.

We need to get pressure up front. Jackson and Dorsey should be getting at least 3 sacks a year. Jackson has gotten a few pressures, but that's not enough.

What makes this worse is they were both top 5 picks. You don't draft a DL in the top 5 unless they can rush the passer, I don't care what system you're running.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Bodden is a huge upgrade for the secondary depth and is a great fit in KC.
They didn't sign him they just had him in for a visit.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
They didn't sign him they just had him in for a visit.
I understand(/stood) that...
Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The thing missing is pressure up front. The only pressure we got from the DL is from Gregg. Packers get pressure from BJ Raji. Giants have a ton of pass rushers on the DL. Steelers get pressure from Hampton. Ravens get pressure from Ngata.

We need to get pressure up front. Jackson and Dorsey should be getting at least 3 sacks a year. Jackson has gotten a few pressures, but that's not enough.

What makes this worse is they were both top 5 picks. You don't draft a DL in the top 5 unless they can rush the passer, I don't care what system you're running.
Richard Seymour is the best 3-4 DE ever, inarguably. Sure, he had a couple 8-sack seasons, but mostly it was just 4-5. Ty Warren was one of the best ever and only had more than 2 sacks in a year twice. Aaron Smith is the second best 3-4 DE ever and also had a couple 8-sack years, but mostly just 2's and 4's.

For the NT's... Casey Hampton has 9 career sacks in 11 years... Wilfork has 11 in 8 years.

Kelly Gregg is horribly underrated in his role, and unless you expect Dorsey & Jackson to be among the best at their position of all-time you really can't expect "at least 3 sacks a year." They're doing alright, and I expect them to keep getting better.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I understand(/stood) that...
You said "Bodden is a huge upgrade" not "would be" so I assumed you thought they signed him...