Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-30-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody wanna start making free agent landing spot predictions?

Let's make a contest of it. Who are the 15 top free agents?

C.J. Wilson, Pujols, Reyes, Fielder, Edwin Jackson, Buehrle, Cuddyer, Beltran, Papelbon, ...
Old 10-30-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and my buddy were just discussing this for our lovely Orioles..

That is pretty much it.. Wainwright has a team option doesn't he?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Anybody wanna start making free agent landing spot predictions?

Let's make a contest of it. Who are the 15 top free agents?

C.J. Wilson, Pujols, Reyes, Fielder, Edwin Jackson, Buehrle, Cuddyer, Beltran, Papelbon, ...
Wilson- White Sox
Pujols- Cubs
Reyes- Nationals
Fielder- Giants
Jackson- Yankees
Buehrle- Blue Jays
Cuddyer- Indians
Beltran- Marlins
Papelbon- Padres

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Wilson- White Sox
Pujols- Cubs
Reyes- Nationals
Fielder- Giants
Jackson- Yankees
Buehrle- Blue Jays
Cuddyer- Indians
Beltran- Marlins
Papelbon- Padres
I could see ... one? of those things happening ...

Those are mostly crazy, IMO.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cuddyer to the Indians is reasonable.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wilson- White Sox
Pujols- Cubs
Reyes- Nationals
Fielder- Giants
Jackson- Yankees
Buehrle- Blue Jays
Cuddyer- Indians
Beltran- Marlins
Papelbon- Padres
I'm confused as to whether you're serious with Wilson, Papelbon, Beltran, Fielder, Edwin, and Reyes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a lot of bad blood between the Giants and Fielder. I don't see him coming to SF, especially with Belt and Posey possibly seeing more time at 1b. You guys left off Rollins on the list. He's the only "star" signing I could see the Giants making.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm confused as to whether you're serious with Wilson, Papelbon, Beltran, Fielder, Edwin, and Reyes.
That's what I was thinking. Just seeing Wilson to Chicago at the top of the list threw me off. The White Sox have said they won't be big spenders, and even if they hadn't said it, they've got so many bad contracts it's obvious.

Papelbon to San Diego is also impossible for a number of reasons. If the Pads inexplicably want a big money closer, they'd keep Bell by offering him arbitration, which he was rumored to want to accept anyways.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I know I left a few more names off the list. Help me out here, folks ...

David Ortiz, Francisco Rodriguez, Josh Willingham and Coco Crisp are notable-ish.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Reyes to the Nats is THAT crazy.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I don't think Reyes to the Nats is THAT crazy.
They have Ian Desmond and Espinosa to play short, so they have absolutely no reason to sign him.

Wilson- Yankees
Pujols- Cards
Reyes- Tigers
Fielder- Blue Jays
Jackson- Nationals
Buehrle- Cards
Cuddyer- Twins
Beltran- Giants
Papelbon- .....................Sox I guess
Francisco Rodriguez- Angels
Willingham- Tigers

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 10-30-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'll give this a shot:

Pujols - re-sign with Cards
Fielder - Nationals
Wilson - Angels
Reyes - Brewers
Sabathia - gets more money from Yanks after opt out
Papelbon - Red Sox
Edwin - Yankees
Darvish - Blue Jays
Old 10-30-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Here's a Top 30 with predictions from some guy at Newsday: http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...ions-1.3283074
Old 10-30-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They have Ian Desmond and Espinosa to play short, so they have absolutely no reason to sign him.

Wilson- Yankees
Pujols- Cards
Reyes- Tigers
Fielder- Blue Jays
Jackson- Nationals
Buehrle- Cards
Cuddyer- Twins
Beltran- Giants
Papelbon- .....................Sox I guess
Francisco Rodriguez- Angels
Willingham- Tigers
Espinosa is more of a 2B and Ian Desmond doesn't get in the way of signing Jose Reyes.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Espinosa is more of a 2B and Ian Desmond doesn't get in the way of signing Jose Reyes.
Espinosa is a SS playing out of position at second.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-30-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pujols- Cubs
Quit dreaming, pal.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Espinosa is a SS playing out of position at second.
I think they'd be willing to keep him at 2B if they went after Jose Reyes.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I think they'd be willing to keep him at 2B if they went after Jose Reyes.
They also have Steve Lombardozzi to play second, so it's just not something they need to do right now. They'd be better served getting rid of LaRoche and signing Prince.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-30-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson- Red Sox
Pujols- WHO THE **** DO U THINK?
Reyes- Marlins
Fielder- Cubs
Jackson- Yankees
Buehrle- CARDINALS!
Cuddyer- Twins
Beltran- Giants
Papelbon- Marlins
Old 10-30-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Quit dreaming, pal.
I think either him or Fielder will end up on the Cubs. I'd be happy either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
I think either him or Fielder will end up on the Cubs. I'd be happy either way.
I agree, but I think it will be Fielder.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'll give this a shot:

Pujols - re-sign with Cards
Fielder - Nationals
Wilson - Angels
Reyes - Brewers
Sabathia - gets more money from Yanks after opt out
Papelbon - Red Sox
Edwin - Yankees
Darvish - Blue Jays
I dont really see that just due to them drafting Rendon. Hes a guy they feel is a very advanced hitter and could be up soon. Will prolly play 1st with Zimmerman at 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I dont really see that just due to them drafting Rendon. Hes a guy they feel is a very advanced hitter and could be up soon. Will prolly play 1st with Zimmerman at 3rd.
They put him at second in the minors, and his defense is too valuable to waste at first. They'll figure something to do with him otherwise.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-30-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They put him at second in the minors, and his defense is too valuable to waste at first. They'll figure something to do with him otherwise.
Wow, they really moved him to 2nd? Didnt hear about that. As a 2nd basemen his potential numbers would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Wow, they really moved him to 2nd? Didnt hear about that. As a 2nd basemen his potential numbers would be great.
I think they were at least toying with the idea, not sure how it'll work out exactly. They could just trade him for a pitching prospect next year or something.

RIP TheManInBlack