Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I'd imagine, I was speaking hypothetically cuz I think CC is gonna be a Yankee no matter what happens.
I think it is a bogus rumor too. But if they want to re-sign Rollins and Pence should be getting a raise, on top of finding a closer. I just don't think they have the money to go around.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well so much for that, Yanks and CC agree on a 5yr/122M extension.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, CC! Can I have a dollar?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well so much for that, Yanks and CC agree on a 5yr/122M extension.
Not bad. Basically just added a year to the end of his existing deal.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Not bad. Basically just added a year to the end of his existing deal.
Pretty much. One more year and 30M more. If i'm not mistaken there's also a team option for a sixth year at 25M.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder who the Cardinals hire, it's a good situation here in St. Louis even if Pujols decides to go else where.

My short list.....

1. Terry Francona
2. Joe Maddon
3. Jose Oquendo
4. Jim Riggleman
5. Albert Pujols

Dark Horse.....

1. Mike Matheny
2. Ryne Sandberg
Old 11-01-2011, 04:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Wonder who the Cardinals hire, it's a good situation here in St. Louis even if Pujols decides to go else where.

My short list.....

1. Terry Francona
2. Joe Maddon
3. Jose Oquendo
4. Jim Riggleman
5. Albert Pujols

Dark Horse.....

1. Mike Matheny
2. Ryne Sandberg
Stay away from the retreads.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Stay away from the retreads.
Terry Francona, Joe Torre, and LaRussa were all retreads. So were Bochy, Girardi, Leyland, and basically 90% of the managers who have won it all in the last 15 years.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maddon is actually my #1. If we can steal him from the Rays, that would be awesome. Francona would then be second. And then lastly, just take Mike Matheny.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Francona and Epstein in the same division would be interesting.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would imagine he is looking for a good situation too. What better situation can u have than a team that won the world series? Plus, he is a likeable dude. Go from one of the least likeable guys to a very likeable.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tito's a great choice for the Cardinals. He's a guy who isn't going to try to fix what isn't broken. He doesn't make crazy decisions or line-ups. He just makes the standard call every time by the percentages. Players love him, he gets along with the media and handles them excellently, and the fans will love him. And that's why he has 2 rings.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

My short list.....

1. Terry Francona
2. Joe Maddon
3. Jose Oquendo
4. Jim Riggleman
5. Albert Pujols

Dark Horse.....

1. Mike Matheny
2. Ryne Sandberg
I'd be so pissed if Sandberg went to the Cards. I want him as the manager of the Cubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, it's pretty much a no-brainer for Theo to roll with Ryno. I'd have a big sad if he didn't and I don't even like the Cubs.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 90% sure I saw Jason Marquis in the barber shop this morning.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm Mets depressed because of this Reyes thing. I've always defended the Wilpons but if they are going to let Reyes walk because of their financial troubles then I'm done with them. I see it as a 5% chance that we re-sign him at this point. It's just sickening.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm Mets depressed because of this Reyes thing. I've always defended the Wilpons but if they are going to let Reyes walk because of their financial troubles then I'm done with them. I see it as a 5% chance that we re-sign him at this point. It's just sickening.
Whatever happened to that minority owner? Why did that fall through?
Old 11-01-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whatever happened to that minority owner? Why did that fall through?
According to Eisenberg the Wilpons tried to change the deal at the last minute. They are now trying to sell smaller stakes in the team to numerous people similar to what other teams have. I think Reyes ends up with the Angels or Tigers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not coming here. Tigers won't commit to a third 20 million per year player. They've got two already.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
According to Eisenberg the Wilpons tried to change the deal at the last minute. They are now trying to sell smaller stakes in the team to numerous people similar to what other teams have. I think Reyes ends up with the Angels or Tigers.
Ryan Braun is trying hard to get Reyes to Milwaukee...Mark Attanasio is going to make a splash to assure fans this year wasn't a one year run and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Brewers make a big time offer to Reyes

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Ryan Braun is trying hard to get Reyes to Milwaukee...Mark Attanasio is going to make a splash to assure fans this year wasn't a one year run and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Brewers make a big time offer to Reyes
Yeah I just read that last night. It would be a very good fit for you guys. A Reyes/Weeks top of the lineup is pretty scary for opposing teams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
So would that end Prince in a Brewers uniform?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So would that end Prince in a Brewers uniform?
Better yet would he change his username to josereyes7?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Terry Francona, Joe Torre, and LaRussa were all retreads. So were Bochy, Girardi, Leyland, and basically 90% of the managers who have won it all in the last 15 years.
Boooooooooringgggg.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Girardi wasn't a retread. He was the manager for one year in Florida before being jettisoned because he was one of 5 managers who hates Hanley.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote