Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-01-2011, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 New England Patriots Draft Discussion

Well, I think we can all agree on how much we suck on defense. So let's get some draft discussion going in here. Who do you want and why? Here's my shortlist for next year's draft (no particular order):

Vontaze Burfict (he could fall, although highly unlikely)
Peter Konz
Robert Lester
Dontari Poe
Mark Barron
Courtney Upshaw
Mohamed Sanu
Michael Floyd
Chase Minnifield
Jayron Hosley
Ronnell Lewis
Kendall Reyes
Janoris Jenkins
Shea McClellin
Andre Branch
Dwight Jones
Brian Quick
Markelle Martin

There are others that I like, but I think these are players that we have a shot at getting in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Last edited by Razor : 11-01-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want an OC to replace Koppen but with how Connolly has played and the shitness of the defense I really want the first four picks used on defensive players unless a playmaker on offense falls.

Ideal start to the draft right now would be

Manti Te'o
Janoris Jenkins
Devin Taylor
TJ McDonald

Screw the 34 because we couldn't find anyone to fit the mold at OLB.

The only offensive players I would take in the first or second would be Blackmon, Floyd, DeCastro, Konz or Brewster

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream draft right now would be

1) Luke Kuechly
1) Melvin Ingram
2) Janoris Jenkins
2) Robert Lester
3) Harrison Smith

F offense all D!
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
My dream draft right now would be

1) Luke Kuechly
1) Melvin Ingram
2) Janoris Jenkins
2) Robert Lester
3) Harrison Smith

F offense all D!
I like Keuchly but I would prefer Te'o to play SAM instead of Ninkovich. I'm happy with Fletcher/Spikes at MLB and Mayo at WILL and I don't think Keuchly is a great fit at SAM.

Love the rest of the draft though

Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They ******* need everything. But ILB wouldn't be on my list, of all the things
Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They ******* need everything. But ILB wouldn't be on my list, of all the things
Until they get some pieces up front like proper 5 techniques or OLBs then there is no point going back to the 34. No matter how BB wants to dress VW, Brace, Deaderick etc up they aren't 5 techniques. Ninkovich and Cunningham at OLB? Come on that is horrible.

If they stay in the 43 they have pieces in important places. Get a pass rusher, fix the secondary and upgrade Ninkovich/Guyton at OLB. With the proliferation of the 34 it is harder to find someone like Demarcus Ware/Clay Matthews than a top quality 43 OLB.

Look at this draft- Burfict, Te'o, Keuchly, Zach Brown etc all could be within reach.

**** the 34 until they get some real pieces for it

Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I like Keuchly but I would prefer Te'o to play SAM instead of Ninkovich. I'm happy with Fletcher/Spikes at MLB and Mayo at WILL and I don't think Keuchly is a great fit at SAM.

Love the rest of the draft though
My thought here is that Kuechly could play the Will with Spikes at MLB, and Mayo at SAM. The reason why I prefer Kuechly over Te'o/Burfict is because I think he is going to be an amazing nickel linebacker. Since we play out of nickel so much, him and Mayo would make a fantastic duo for about 55% of our plays. Plus, I think he has a ton of playmaking ability which is mitigated by that horrid BC supporting cast.

I'm really high on Harrison Smith though. One of the most underrated prospects in the draft IMO. Very similar to Chung.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All D is fine by me. Our Oline looks solid and young with the only real question mark being Connolly at center. It certainly appears to be working thus far.

WR if a good one is available (assuming Price isn't going to show us anything) would be ok, but the need is really all D.

Pass rush plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I really think the only way we should go offense early is if the value is too good to pass on. Say if for some reason Michael Floyd fell to the late 20s, then I would take him. Likewise if Peter Konz fell to the mid second I would take him.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Kraft is on the sidelines for the "Game of the Century". Wouldn't mind drafting some of the players in that game, although I doubt he's there scouting players...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's so many things that we need. Hard to really single just one. A pass rusher in some form, a quality defensive linemen besides Vince Wilfork, better defensive backs(cringe), better linebackers...we would be better off starting from square one on defense than trying to find pieces that fit this current group.

The horrible part is that the offense is starting to show that it needs some tuning as well. A bigger receiver who can do damage down the field and get open against press man is a big thing now. We're also running out of time on finding a good center to replace Koppen.

Basically; we still need the things that we've been talking about for years....and we're probably not going to get them. Expect more overdrafts and defensive backs who don't play meaningful snaps for years and then get cut.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-06-2011 at 05:43 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
patriots21
Rookie

patriots21 is a cocksman.patriots21 is a cocksman.patriots21 is a cocksman.

I wouldn't mind Rueben Randale (however it's spelled) for them. They need an athletic big play wideout.
patriots21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Randle quite a bit. I'm not sure that he would come out though. I wouldn't be totally opposed to spending a first round pick on a receiver if the board broke that way, despite how crap our defense is. I LOVE what Michael Floyd can do on the field when he's firing on all cylinders. Just a real complete receiver who can hurt you down the field or after the catch. Near impossible to take out of the game because of the sheer number of ways he can work you and how good his hands are. But more than likely, we're looking at a second/third round type guy at that position. There's a fair amount of those kinds of guys I like.

Dwight Jones out of North Carolina is certainly an options. Great size at 6'3 225. Hard to bring down in the open field because of it. He's got enough speed and body control to have a vertical, down field element to his game. Clearly a guy who could win some battles against press coverage and make things happen across the middle. Not a real gifted route runner or fluid guy, but his skillset is complimentary to what we already have.

Brian Quick is similar, but should project to be even more of a vertical threat than Jones is. Level of competition is concerned and I certainly won't pretend that I've been able to catch every Appalachian State game, but I really like what I've seen in a small sample size. He gets off the line quick(haha) for a guy of his stature and represents some serious match up problems with his height and speed. Still a guy who is pretty raw, but down in the draft he's an interesting option.

Beyond that, I like Nick Toon quite a bit. Maybe even quite a bit more than most. I've always come away impressed with him despite the production threshold actually being fairly low. Wisconsin is perhaps more committed to the run than perhaps any other team in college football, aside from Georgia Tech. Not a good place for a toosly wide receiver to ply his trade, let alone with noodle arm game managers. Russell Wilson has changed that a bit. He's struggled with some injuries this year and has had to work through them, but he's been better than ever this year.

Sanu is good too, but I'm not sure he's the right fit in the first round for us. The way Rutgers has used him isn't conducive to producing statistics that reflect his ability threshold or show him off down the field, but you've got to be a little concerned by his lack of plays down the field.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-09-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I support any draft with Michael Floyd in it.

Courtney Upshaw+Michael Floyd+Robert Lester

We can trade away the rest of the picks for whatever.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream draft would be:

1. LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

1. FS Mark Barron, Alabama

2. DT Devon Still, Penn St.

2. WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
Old 11-09-2011, 07:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Im really not a fan of Barron and would rank him behind Lester and TJ McDonald. I wouldn't mind taking him in the second but the first would be too much for me.

I love the idea of Floyd on this team. Could really open up the offense for everyone else if the defenses we play actually have to cover someone outside.

I love Vinny Curry. I think he would be an ideal fit for us

Old 11-22-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does someone like Curry play? 3-4 OLB? or 4-3 DE?

Is Ninkovich good enough to play 3-4 OLB? Do we go 3-4 or stay 4-3?

Why do you think Deaderick isn't good enough for 3-4 DE? Or Brace?

Hmmm...hard to know who to draft unless you know whether 3-4 or 4-3 or whatever. Also are carter and the guy from the bears coming back next year?

Anyway, I'd want them to draft something like:

WR Sanu or WR Wright from Arkansas (Sanu is interesting as he's big enough to get off of blocks)

OL DeCastro (guard or center) or Ben Jones
DE Wynn
LB Kuechley
safety TJ McDonald or Markelle martin

Plus the standard late round flyers
Old 11-22-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wrong thread!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 11-22-2011 at 12:11 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Am I the only one having wet dreams about Kendall Wright right now?

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last thing I am going to be excited about is any WR the Patriots draft.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I don't mind drafting a WR as long as I like the value. I just want to draft defense as well..

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the point in drafting anything but a stud receiver if they draft one.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I'm pretty sure that Wright will end up being a stud receiver. He's small, but so are Wes Welker and Deion Branch. I'd rather have Floyd, but I don't think we'll get a chance of drafting him. Also, I prefer to go defense in the first round.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I like Wright quite a bit, but he'll cost a second round pick. We need a bigger bodied guy anyway, so all things considered...eh. Would be a good pick, but not one that compliments the rest of the offense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-04-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Csna
Rookie

Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.

Id like for us to pick up Burfict and a good FS
Csna is offline   Reply With Quote