Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 10-15-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob, are you going Sunday?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Rob, are you going Sunday?
No, possibly Faddy's though. Tix to the Meadowlads are so effing expensive. I am going to Bills-Jets and Bills-Phins in Buffalo though. I honestly prefer making the drive all the way to Buffalo....tix are so much cheaper, the atmosphere is much better and total cost is really close including the gas.

I did hear about this $40 bus thing with unlimited beer and hot dogs that take people to all Jets and Giants games. That intrigued me and almost made me get some tix.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Williams is out today... that is terrible news, but we did play the whole second half without him vs. the Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys need some smarter more intelligent DBs. **** I am so angry
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least it was an entertaining game.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The refs suck ass this yr. seems like we always get f'ed over a few times a game.

Like how did fred jack not get a PI call on a like 3rd and 4 he was getting held like a mofo, it was more PI than the late one d-flo got. and there were more but cant think.

and Fitz needs to hit SJ13 on those 2 INTs SJ had 2-3 steps both times

we have no/little pass rush. its funny to watch other games and see teams that can rush the QB makes their DBs look good as the QB has 2-3 secs. but watch a bills the QB has all day.

Last edited by redbills : 10-16-2011 at 03:37 PM.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now, what are our top needs heading into the offseason?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 10-16-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
As of right now, what are our top needs heading into the offseason?
PASS RUSH
We have none.

CB
McGee old, McLovin meh, D-Flo old, Williams could become a good #2 type, Rogers as a nickle/dime DB.

WR
SJ #1 guy, Jones I like more as a backup, Nelson the solt, Parrish is sure as gone imo. Easley I like but needs to be healthy.

O-Line (OT and depth C/G)
Old 10-17-2011, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted this elsewhere, but here is what I have to say today.

"Fitzpatrick's two under throws and Flroence's terrible coverage gave that game away. Both picks Stevie had more than a step and a half on Webster, and Florence had 3 PI's ontop of all the passes he gave up all day. Got beat like a drum."

"I'm not going to even get started on how pathetic the Bills pass rush is because I've just accepted it at this point. They've had 4 sacks all year and get zero pressure unless the coverage holds up for 20 seconds. Williams and Merriman being injured only makes things worse. I really hope they pick up a pass rusher in the off season, anyone can pass on the Bills right now if they don't throw 4 picks like Vick and Brady. If they put a pass rush together the Bills will be real, but until then at best they're a borderline wildcard team that plays everyone tough."

As far as our off-season needs, re-sign Fitzpatrick, Stevie, probably Bell, Pears, Urbik and Rinehart. It would be nice to have some continuity even if hopefully some of the starters up front got pushed to backup roles and just provided much better depth than what we have already, but honestly, the line has been great all year. We'll probably re-sign Lindell, Bryan Scott and Reggie Corner too, the only guy I'd really worry about is Stevie because he might have too big of a head for Buffalo, but we'll find out. If we lost him we'd be ******, but theres always the franchise tag and who knows how Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt will progress.

If we wanted to pick up anyone in free agency, right now theres some pretty nice looking players to be had that might be available. Stealing Ahmad Brooks from the 49ers would be unbelievable, same Anthony Spencer but I can't see him leaving Dallas. Rashean Mathis might be worth a look, replace one former Jag in Florence with another one in Mathis... I'd rather not pick up any older veterans in free agency though, just getting Ahmad Brooks would be amazing.

draft at least 4 linebackers... The offense is fine, just pick up a couple journeymen backup offensive linemen, the defense needs to get its **** together a lot more. Maybe drop a mid-rounder on a receiver that we could develop or an athletic tight end with upside.

Now I'd like to take some time to bash on Andra Davis. He is actually the worst linebacker I've seen play in years, I'm not even kidding, I think he is legitimately on the field to run into the pile and just occupy someone and we hope that George Wilson or Jairus Byrd can come up and make a play on the runner at the LOS if they find a gap. Him in coverage is the most painful thing to watch ever. Him on Bradshaw was just embarrassing, and then even against a no name tight-end he was getting completely slaughtered in coverage, he has no speed at all and I hate him.

None of our linebackers are really long-term starting material as far as I'm concerned (Merriman, Kelsay and Barnett are adequate but 3 adequate guys and then a rookie/piece of **** in the Davis/Sheppard rotation is a pretty ****** 4 man team of linebackers). Sheppard is a complete unknown for me now, I see him involved in some interior running plays sometimes but that's about it. Moats is pretty obviously the best pass rusher we have when given an opportunity, but he is undersized and inconsistent. I've stated my hatred for Davis, but neither he, nor Barnett offer any real pressure as blitzers from anywhere on the field. Kirk Morrison used to be kind of athletic but all I remember from his days in Oakland is people saying he gets completely washed out in the run game and makes plays 5+ yards down field which isn't helpful at all. He was available in late August for a reason. Merriman and Kelsay are both hurt right now, but neither of them are ever going to improve upon what they are right now, and that is just sad. White and Batten will never be more than special teams players. Carrington just simply is not a linebacker, he is 300+ and is just waiting for more playing time, but we're pretty set up front with solid players throughout the rotation of Dareus, Edwards and Johnson, and both Dareus and Johnson can provide some pressure from their spots, but without an edge rush forcing quarterbacks to step up into the pocket that they're pushing, its pretty useless as we saw when Andy Dalton rolled right on every single play against us a few weeks ago and just did what he wanted for 8 seconds and usually ended up finding Gresham or something... Today Eli didn't even have to roll away from the interior pressure usually.

Invest heavy in big athletic linebackers on draft day next year please, Mr. Nix. I know Gailey would love to play with some more talent on offense, and the results might not be as noticeable right away by investing more in the defense, but do it please... Or find a way to get Robert Mathis from the Colts and just tell him to rush the passer every play and force people to either roll left or step up into Williams and Dareus...

Last edited by Vox Populi : 10-17-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't disagree with the need for linebackers, but Vick threw 4 picks because of our pass rush. That was the only time I've seen us get pressure and doesn't really change things, but it was a direct cause.

Sheppard was actually the one who forced the pick-6 in that game when he got right at Vick untouched. I think they've said he's the starter over Davis now, but it's really just hoping for good progression from him rather than solving our problems.

Shouldn't be any doubt that OLB is our biggest need.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

I read over on BBMB that Sheppard is going to be starting in place of Davis from now on.
Can anyone else confirm/refute this?

Also, does anyone else have a mancrush on Corey McIntyre?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love McIntyre, and it helps that he's always good for an indecent exposure joke every week.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I read over on BBMB that Sheppard is going to be starting in place of Davis from now on.
Can anyone else confirm/refute this?

Also, does anyone else have a mancrush on Corey McIntyre?
JoeB_WGR Joe Buscaglia
Kelvin Sheppard, while not named the starting ILB outright, will get the majority of snaps moving forward according to Gailey. #Bills
Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Back to the 4-3?

Any one else think switching back to the 4-3 might not be such a bad idea?
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Over/Under 3.5 sacks for Coleman on Sunday?

As for the scheme, it really comes down to getting an outside linebacker. Kelsay would start in the near future at either LE or OLB. But what would we have at RE in the 4-3? I know OLB is just as much of a wreck, at the moment, but Carrington, Johnson, and Edwards all fit as 34 ends. If Troup can get healthy, then more seasoning for him/Dareus/Carrington puts us in a great position on the line moving forward. Sure, nothing is lost with Williams and Dareus playing 4-3, but I don't see it as a positive move or even a lateral move, all things considered. I'm willing to roll with Barnett and Shepp and see how that goes inside. Pass rush is a lost cause in either scheme with our current personnel.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Over/Under 3.5 sacks for Coleman on Sunday?
At least 5 sacks, McGee, it's Antonio ******* Coleman we're talking about here

Old 10-28-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 yrs, 59 million, 24 GTD, 33 in the first 3 years for Fitzy.

Essentially a 3/33 million dollar deal. Good signing for both parties.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

didnt think he would get that much.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
didnt think he would get that much.
Eh, that's the going rate. If Kolb and Cassel got that kinda money.....
Old 10-30-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Awesome game, but I don't know how you couldn't be looking at next week already. Big, big game.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Awesome game, but I don't know how you couldn't be looking at next week already. Big, big game.
**** THE JETS! **** THE JETS!

Old 10-31-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
**** THE JETS! **** THE JETS!
this!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a very good win considering we play the Jets next. Could easily have been a trap game with the team looking ahead to New York.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Are any of you guys heading out to the Ralph on Sunday?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Doubtful. Get into a fight for me if you do, though.