Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-01-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played the last two MW's on PS3. If I had had a 360 at the time, I probably would have gone that route, but I didn't have any issues on PS3. Probably also notable that I find FPS's on consoles to be absolute ass for multiplayer purposes (single player too, but it's not as bad).

I prefer the PS3 because it's just better, but multiplayer games are to be purchased on the 360 if you have both systems. I find myself just purchasing PS3 exclusives and single player games for my PS3. It works out pretty well, though.

Most of my friends have both systems, too. The thing with going 360 for multiplayer games is we just don't feel like buying headsets for the PS3 when we already have them for the 360.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be moving from console to pc from now on for MW3.Should be interesting.Bf3 is pretty fun but more fan of the mw series.I just hope I can adjust fast and get the buttons all down from controller to keyboard/mouse comp set.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved Modern Warfare 2. Black Ops was fun but it didn't really click with me.

I haven't read up on MW3 at all.. is it gonna be like 2?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I getting old that I see MW3 and thought they are making another MechWarrior game?

COD games just don't appeal to me at all, probably doesn't help that I've only really tried them on consoles with there **** control system which just makes it frustrating to play.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of my friends have ps3's and we all play COD not a big deal. Online play isn't that bad on ps3. The amount of money you spend on xbox live can be spent on getting a headset and won't add up. But I'll be getting an xbox soon though because I miss it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Most of my friends have ps3's and we all play COD not a big deal. Online play isn't that bad on ps3. The amount of money you spend on xbox live can be spent on getting a headset and won't add up. But I'll be getting an xbox soon though because I miss it.
The idea of paying to play online just doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't see what the big difference is.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
The idea of paying to play online just doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't see what the big difference is.
I'm with you. There was a difference a few years ago but PSN has vastly improved since.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaaaahhh I ****** up bad in Dark Souls. Put 3 hours of work into something yesterday and screwed it up by doing things in the wrong order. My OCD wants me to start over, but I just really don't feel like it with the amount of time I've put it. Oh well. I'm willing to bet I play through this game 10+ times over the next few years anyway haha.

As far as PSN vs Xbox Live, ect...I really have to say there's pros and cons to both of them. Taking price out of the equation, Xbox Live is better. It's just easier to get in and out of games with friends and the entire thing makes you feel connected. A lot of that ties into the interface and operating system on the 360 being just a cut above. Things like cross game chat aren't possible on the PS3 because the interface takes up a TON of system resources while somehow being sluggish and unappealing in comparison to the 360/Live. Microsoft has also continually tries to update and improve the user interface/experience with the 360, while Sony has kind of sat still on what they've done. It was dated when it came out and is just that much worse today.

...but at the same time I find myself buying more and more games on the PS3 these days. Really seems like it's finally hit it's stride in terms of games. Better performance for certain multiplatform titles and the exclusives are a cut above in terms of what you can do tech wise. In the end, that's what matters...but boy would I like for Sony to put some work into improving the user interface and PSN.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The idea of paying to play online just doesn't appeal to me at all.
Agreed. It's the main reason I'm leaning towards getting a PS3.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why does Drake move like he's piss ass drunk stumbling over everything? I don't remember this from the previous games.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the stumbles...he stumbled a lot in Uncharted 2 as well. He's not perfect and it adds drama to the situation and life to the character. It just looks amazing during chase scenes, unless you're just running into everything for some reason. They also ramp it up when he's injured, as they should.

I also love when you'll just randomly touch a wall sometimes or a railing. It just adds to the cinematic experience. They've thought of everything and they have some amazing animations.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how is uncharted 3 so far guys?I wish I had the extra money to pick up.But Mw3 must over rule UC3.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely love it. I'm about to play more in a few minutes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gtav i has a exciting

Old 11-02-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG I forgot about the new trailer! Rrrg but I'm at work can't watch.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

GTA 5 looks awesome.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

GTA 5 looks awesome.
I'm so happy they're going back to San Andreas. That world should be enormous.

I hope they strike a good balance between the serious storytelling of IV and the goofy awesomeness and character customization of GTA:SA.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...41821&plpage=1

Amazon is having buy 2 games get 1 free deal

Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they had a third game I wanted I would be all over it.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

DC Universe is now free to play online, the full game for PC or Ps3!So on this sucker now!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah...if 2K12 was in there, I would have done the Amazon deal. I'll just wait for another one, or Black Friday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-02-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Done with 8 chapters on Uncharted 3, really good but so far not better than Arkham City in my opinion. My ps3 that I was playing Arkham City on ylod'd for the 2nd time so i traded the game in for the 360 version (and its a lot better). There is no framerate chugging while gliding like there is for the ps3. Its ridiculous how multiplats always suffer (Assassins creed being a prime example, Im getting Revelations for 360). With UC3 out, are there any exclusives to look forward to considering both my ps3s are almost completely dead?

Oh and I beat LA Noire. Loved it but I played it on the ps3 that just ylod'd so i dont know if i can play more for the dlc.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uncharted 3 is godly, that is all...
Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

So I just completed the story mode for Batman AC.Just an awesome finish but really that was it ? All that running around and not even a fight out of the Joker jeez. Now I guess it is time for side missions I guess. I was bummed we didn't get to play as Robin tho in the story line such a downer.But all in a great story just was hoping for a epic more of an ending,
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
DC Universe is now free to play online, the full game for PC or Ps3!So on this sucker now!
Wait, is this a free game? Or just playing online is free?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote