Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-01-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be willing to bet that Hali's neck is red as hell after ever game he plays do to all the clawing and grabbing OT's do to try and stop him.

I can't count how many times this year an OT has had him around the neck and Hali is still dragging them to the QB.

My favorite thing about Hali is that he is still playing with as much fire if not more than he did before he got paid.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hali is just relentless every single play, no matter the score, field position, who is guarding him, etc. He brings it every play, every down, every snap. You gotta love a guy like that not only on the field, but as an example to the rest of your defense.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's kind of a testament to the front office, in my opinion. Everyone they've paid has come out and done their best to prove they're worth their wage. Every single one of them. That FO really values character and commitment and the desire to win from players.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That's kind of a testament to the front office, in my opinion. Everyone they've paid has come out and done their best to prove they're worth their wage. Every single one of them. That FO really values character and commitment and the desire to win from players.
Well, everyone not named Tyson Jackson. I know I know he has improved but he is still the highest paid player on D and average at best.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is coming along.. of course he wasn't worth the pick or the money he's making right now but all we can ask is that he gets better, and he is. He will likely never be worth the third overall pick and we're going to have to come to terms with that but as long as he can keep improving and one day become a productive player on this defense, I'm ok with it.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hali is just relentless every single play, no matter the score, field position, who is guarding him, etc. He brings it every play, every down, every snap. You gotta love a guy like that not only on the field, but as an example to the rest of your defense.
I remember him bullrushing the RT and nearly got Rivers for another sack.I knew he was quick bet never knew he had that kind of strength
Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

DJ was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week! Flowers last week, DJ this week! Now people see that there is something special happening with this defense.

Last edited by vidae : 11-01-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

DJ better go to the pro bowl...
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
DJ better go to the pro bowl...
I'm T-Rich49 and I second this statement
Old 11-02-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what a great game. the Chiefs took full advantage of the cards they were dealt and pulled into a tie for 1st place.

the good: the Chiefs defense! they played out of their mind good, all across the board. keeping Rivers from getting comfortable all game and only allowing 1 TD, 4 FGs and 20 points while the Chargers had the ball inside the Chiefs 30 yard line 9 times in the game. pretty damn impressive to me.

the bad: the Chiefs mid game offense. between the 2nd and 3rd quarter they had 8 consecutive drives that had a total of 8 yards. including 4 drives that produced negative total yardage in 3 (or less) plays. that's ******* terrible. i dont really know who to blame, Cassel, play calling or just playing a good defense. probably all 3 combined, but that **** can't happen against a good team on the road. that's how you get blown out, like in Detroit.

the ugly: the play calling and it's 2 fold. 1st, i'm tired of the plays coming in late and having to call TO, take a delay of game or even get a false start cause we're rushing around. having a 3 headed monster at OC hasn't been working like they thought and it has to go. 1 guy needs to call all the plays (Zorn please) and Haley can have override capabilities. it will be much smoother with less chiefs (pun not intended) and more indians. 2nd, where the hell did Jackie Battle disappear to in the middle of the game?!? he is easily our most effective rusher and you'll notice when he got back involved in the game plan, we scored and eventually won. our offense is much better with an effective running game and he is our only effective RB.

pleasant surprise: Jon Freakin Baldwin! in his 2nd game as a pro, he clearly showed why the Chiefs drafted him while others avoided him as a diva. give me all the diva he can dish out as long as he's making plays like that TD again. yeah, yeah, i know he dropped a few, but it was MNF and he performed very well for his 2nd game. wait til he actually gets in a groove with Cassel and learns the play book. great pairing opposite Bowe.

side bar: with Baldwin here and playing, it makes me believe even more that we need to sign Bowe quickly.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 11-02-2011 at 06:28 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bowe and Carr need to be signed long term and soon. We have the room, we have the money.. lets just get it done.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

it's about time Haley gets an extension as well.