Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2011, 01:50 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Wait, is this a free game? Or just playing online is free?
It is a free full game.I thought that as well but it is the FULL GAME!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice! I'm on it! Regardless if I end up playing it or not lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay guys I could use some thoughts. Lately I have been catching up on past PS3 exclusives. Right now I am in the middle of Uncharted 2 and have Resistance 2 and God of War 3 sitting on my TV stand. My original plan was to beat all three of those games in before Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out Dec 20th. (Seeing as that will consume most of my spare time.)

Now my dilemma is that I have been a huge Bethesda fan since and with Skyrim coming out in 8 days... Do I forgo my plan and just pick up Skyrim and play until TOR is released?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless there's an online component to Skyrim I'm not aware of I would just play the games you already have. By the time you're ready to buy Skyrim it'll be cheaper and the first few patches will have already been released to fix things.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Bethesda does release games with massive bugs.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad the character models in Skyrim don't look like ass.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-03-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm waiting on Skyrim. I have the cash to buy a few more games, but I've bought so many the past few months that I can't really justify buying another. I've got a bit of a backlog piled up between Rage, Battlefield 3, and Shadow of the Colossus too. Dark Souls has been a hell of a lot more involved than I expected haha. But yeah, from my experience with New Vegas on release, I feel pretty good about waiting until Christmas on that one.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright you guys have done enough to convince me... I am just going to get stockpiled up again with needing to play:
Gears 3, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, FFXIII 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, Skyrim, Dragon Age 2....

Jesus I feel like there is no end to the madness.

EDIT: Forgot Diablo 3
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's really hard to keep up at this time of year. It's nice in a way though. Nothing came out at all this summer, so it's great to have things to play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's some site out there that helps you keep track and display progress you've made on games you have back logged... Need to find that. Because I sure ******* need it@!

Games on my list:
(in steam library)
Amnesia (**** that game...terrible for my blood pressure)
Borderlands
Civilization V (almost done with my first campaign...haven't played in awhile)
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
(all 5 of the above...**** the Summer Sale!)
Mass Effect 2
Mount & Blade
Prince of Persia (x5...5 PoP games)
Warhammer 40k
X3 (gave up on this one)

I also haven't finished SC2 for some reason. Got distracted with Rift for awhile, I think.

(console)
Assassin's Creed 2 (then I need to go through the next two games)
Fable II
Final Fantasy XIII (haven't played in over a year)
Star Ocean (also been about a year)

Just in hours, I have nearly a year's worth of games...maybe more than... And this isn't counting sports games or competitive gaming like LoL.... I've been a good boy about finishing games I buy lately because if I don't, they go on the heap I've already accumulated.

Last edited by nepg : 11-03-2011 at 12:44 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

"I have too many games and not enough time to play them all!!"

1st world problems.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

For me its to many games I want to buy and not enough time but close enough.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 11-03-2011 at 11:58 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It's definitely, for me, I bought a ton of games on sale and haven't gotten around to playing them because the amount of time it will take to get through all of them is just way too intimidating.

I also buy games then get distracted... And for RPGs like ME, FF, FO, etc. it's really hard to resume a game you've started if you've been away from it for months or even a year.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine is basically the same, but a different variation:

There's so many games I want to buy/play, and I can buy them no problem, but I need to restrain myself because I need to save money and space out how many new games I have at once, otherwise I will resort to playing them all and not doing other things I should be doing.

Because if I have a new game sitting there not yet beaten, how can I expect myself not to play? Whereas if I do not possess said game yet, there's no temptation.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I beat Uncharted 3 today. Took 7 hours and 57 minutes. Amazing throughout. I'll admit, it actually seemed a bit tougher than the other two preceding games...but just near the end. The difficulty was pretty standard until the latter part, at some points they just seemed to throw a lot of dudes at you. I still loved everything about this one, though.

Here's hoping we'll see Uncharted 4 as a PS4 launch title.

Not exactly sure what I'll be playing now...but I really want to start another Shenmue 1 + 2 playthrough. I just need to buy a VGA box, so my Dreamcast wont look like complete **** on my HDTV.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i went ahead and downloaded DC universe online since it's free, but it keeps saying 'no reply from server' when I boot it up. I take it there are just way too many people right now? Anyone else dealing with this ish?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CC.SD
you just gotta wait inline for to get in I guess.I found that on PC.I don't like that idea of waiting like that.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Even though DC Online is free to download you still have to pay to actually play on the servers. At least that's what it looks like in the PS store.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-04-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of speaking out of my ass, but I dont understand how that would make sense. I'm pretty sure they made the online for that game free months ago. They've apparently picked up 120,000 new users, so it's probably just backed up or something.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
CC.SD
you just gotta wait inline for to get in I guess.I found that on PC.I don't like that idea of waiting like that.
Hm okay. It worked once yesterday morning in the wee hours and since then, endless waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Even though DC Online is free to download you still have to pay to actually play on the servers. At least that's what it looks like in the PS store.
Nah it's totally free but I think much of it is locked until you pay 5 bucks. That's not too much but then again if logging on is going to be such a hassle...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Hmm. Maybe once the initial hubub dies down it might be worth it. Right now though I wouldn't want to just sit around hoping I get a chance to play.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm kind of speaking out of my ass, but I dont understand how that would make sense. I'm pretty sure they made the online for that game free months ago. They've apparently picked up 120,000 new users, so it's probably just backed up or something.
They announced they were going to free to play months ago, but just now actually did it a few days ago.

And yes, it's completely free now.

I've been playing Uncharted 3 and the enemy AI is truly terrible. I've seen enemies run at me one by one, shoot at me, and then just turn around. Or they just stand out in the open. It happens quite often and I'm playing it on hard difficulty.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 11-04-2011 at 03:51 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
So i went ahead and downloaded DC universe online since it's free, but it keeps saying 'no reply from server' when I boot it up. I take it there are just way too many people right now? Anyone else dealing with this ish?
Nah, I DL'd just fine but I can't actually load/install the game though.
It was at 7+ hrs when I got home from school and only at 61% done.
I just quit it and played some Madden. Don't know if I had a loss of internet (which happens a lot to me) and it just stopped all together or what but that is way too long to install a game.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Nah, I DL'd just fine but I can't actually load/install the game though.
It was at 7+ hrs when I got home from school and only at 61% done.
I just quit it and played some Madden. Don't know if I had a loss of internet (which happens a lot to me) and it just stopped all together or what but that is way too long to install a game.
i had the same problem on PC when I downloaded it.What I did was reset all my modem etc. it finished it off . I think it lagged out for some reason too much down load who knows.But just reset all your wifi stuff should be good to go.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys recommend picking up NCAA 12 or Madden 12?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote