Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-04-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Stanley was funny....
Agreed. Other than that it wasn't awful but it wasn't great either.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a good episode. Not too much Andy, Dwight was in his classic form and Stanley was hilarious. I even enjoyed Gabe.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did like the episode. Probably my favorite of the season. There needs to be some Creed though. Not whole storylines, but a funny one-liner per episode would suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a great episode. My favorite part being Kevin walking into the dining room with a frying pan raised and ready to strike down upon Dwight.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do I find myself angry about a lack of Creed every single week?

The writers would have to be consciously omitting him from the scripts. There is no way he has 1 line through 6 episodes merely out of coincidence. There's barely 6 episodes in 2 seasons where he hasn't been present.

I demand to know how a crazy old man like Creed is reacting to all of the change in the office. He'd worked for Michael for years and years.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

The writers would have to be consciously omitting him from the scripts. There is no way he has 1 line through 6 episodes merely out of coincidence. There's barely 6 episodes in 2 seasons where he hasn't been present.

I demand to know how a crazy old man like Creed is reacting to all of the change in the office. He'd worked for Michael for years and years.
It's far more important to focus on how mindnumbingly stupid Kevin is becoming.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The Scranton strangler can't show up to work every day...

I'm kidding. (Maybe)
Old 11-04-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Scranton strangler can't show up to work every day...

I'm kidding. (Maybe)
That is very possible. I remember him fleeing the office when Michael accused him of the murder from the murder mystery game. I still think the Jim Carey character is the Scranton Strangler, but it would be hilarious if it was Creed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Creed been showing up in episodes and just not talking? I saw one episode where he only popped up for a second and it even looked a little off. I would not be surprised if he had been inserted into the scene. Maybe he just hasn't been available for filming? I haven't seen too much this year, I'm not sure how he often he's on camera.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of you really overrate Creed. I think he's ok and all but I'm not heartbroken we're not getting his one line a week.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Some of you really overrate Creed. I think he's ok and all but I'm not heartbroken we're not getting his one line a week.
I agree with yo.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Creed is great. When I'm bored I watch his videos on youtube.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I love Creed, but some people are way too concerned with his lack of air time of late. It's whatever.

Also want to add that Robert California was awesome last night.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Creed is great. When I'm bored I watch his videos on youtube.
So, that kills about five minutes.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
So, that kills about five minutes.
But it's a great 5 minutes.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You appear to be one person I literally can never agree with on anything.

How the hell can Creed be overrated?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he is in general. Just on here. I don't think his absence is dragging down the show considerably.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I don't think he is in general. Just on here. I don't think his absence is dragging down the show considerably.
It's not dragging the show down, but if the show wants laughs without having to force them, then Creed is a go-to guy. In the post-Michael era, the laughs are fewer and far between, and too much Andy only draws attention to that.

They've gotta use the full ensemble better, and Creed requires very little screen time, but is always effective.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They kind of rehashed the first idea, but it was good.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was the best episode of the season. The Dwight/Pam/Jim stuff was great. I loved the scene at the drug store.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Probably the best episode of the season, though I did like last week's.

This one was solid throughout. It was two large stories involving many characters instead of the typical division of 3 or 4 plots. Worked well. I like how Ryan and Kelly and Creed were involved in the scheming with Dwight and Pam.

I also like Jim's characterization here. Really made sense for him to refuse to give in to Pam's insistence.

And I always have a soft spot for any musical segments. I'm glad they didn't go with what would have been a very cliche and expected plot of Robert actually being a terrible musician and the guys having to pretend otherwise.

This episode gets an A- from my in the Post-Carell era. If Creed had a line, it'd be an A.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A- is a bit of a stretch. I definitely enjoyed it though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
A- is a bit of a stretch. I definitely enjoyed it though.
I'm grading on a curve of this season. A true A-worthy episode like we got frequently in Seasons 2-4 just ain't happening ever again.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/pams-replacement,64761/

Reading this review on AV Club, in which the writer gave the episode a C-, I find myself agreeing with him a lot about the characterization problems and lazy plotting, but I'm also past the point of ever expecting the show could repair this.

I've written at length over the years on these forums about my annoyance with the multiple characterizations of Michael Scott, which was most likely due to the large number of writers employed by the show. The same can now be said of nearly every character on the show, and that is upsetting.

But I still think this episode was if not the best, then No. 2 on my list of episodes this season.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Creed had a line, just not a good one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:06 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's far more important to focus on how mindnumbingly stupid Kevin is becoming.
That is called Homer Simpson syndrome, when you run out of ideas for character development you can always go full ******.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote