Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-22-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
For those that still play this garbage: new World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria. New race: Pandaren (lol), new class: Monk (tank/damage/healer).. new level cap: 90.. new end boss: no one? They stopped with the lore and are instead making it Horde vs Alliance.
I think Chris Kluwe tweeted how I feel about it.....

@ChrisWarcraft Chris Kluwe
I got a sneak peek at next year's WoW expansion. The new race is a shark and the new class lets you jump over things. #wehadasolidsixyears
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I think Chris Kluwe tweeted how I feel about it.....

@ChrisWarcraft Chris Kluwe
I got a sneak peek at next year's WoW expansion. The new race is a shark and the new class lets you jump over things. #wehadasolidsixyears
Haha, awesome. Chris Kluwe rules.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dragon Age II and Crysis 2 are 60% off on Origin today. $8 for DA2, promo code DRAGON60, and Crysis 2 for $16 promo code CRYSIS60. I'm glad I held off on buying both of those.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been owning in LoL lately as Riven, just bought her and a new skin. Crazy damage output but super squishy early, especially because not a single person I know plays a tank regularly. It makes for some disappointing early game results, but if she gets fed, its game over. Ghostblade + her ult is just straight nasty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I've wanted to give Riven a go, but the 6300 IP is steep for me (totally would want to get her skins because they are bad ass).

I'm trying to find a tank that I'm comfortable with, so Rammus should get a full run from me. Not super interested in the free champs this week :(. Rammus and Irelia are the only two would fill roles I need in my stable of champs... But someone always autolocks Irelia before I get in there... I usually wait last to pick in anticipation of my teammates being idiots.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Dragon Age II and Crysis 2 are 60% off on Origin today. $8 for DA2, promo code DRAGON60, and Crysis 2 for $16 promo code CRYSIS60. I'm glad I held off on buying both of those.
I'm not complaining about paying full price for DA2. No insterest in Crysis though.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, I've wanted to give Riven a go, but the 6300 IP is steep for me (totally would want to get her skins because they are bad ass).

I'm trying to find a tank that I'm comfortable with, so Rammus should get a full run from me. Not super interested in the free champs this week :(. Rammus and Irelia are the only two would fill roles I need in my stable of champs... But someone always autolocks Irelia before I get in there... I usually wait last to pick in anticipation of my teammates being idiots.
Irelia is a bit of a tough character to play, she takes some getting used to. I saved up for Riven on purpose, I've loved the character when Ive used her for free and she suits my play style. Big damage, lots of evasiveness. I also have her Redeemed Skin, I refused to play her any other way haha.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, the Redeemed Skin is ******* boss. I don't think I'd pick her up and not get that skin. I still have yet to spend any real money on LoL, but am probably going to get Taric's Bloodstone skin pretty soon.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I so can't wait for CS Global Offensive. I hope it brings more people to Steam FPSs.
I play CS:S in spurts. Usually when it's freezing out, I spend a lot of time on CS:S.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, the Redeemed Skin is ******* boss. I don't think I'd pick her up and not get that skin. I still have yet to spend any real money on LoL, but am probably going to get Taric's Bloodstone skin pretty soon.
Taric's an interesting choice. Why him? There are much better alternatives. I've got a few skins to go with my characters, but most were bought with IP. So far I have:

Warwick (Feral Skin)
Gangplank (Spooky Skin)
Riven (Redeemed Skin)
Kennen (Deadly Skin)
Vladimir (Marquis Skin)
Tristana (Riot Girl Skin)
Jarvan
Pantheon
Twisted Fate
Vayne
Annie

I almost never play Vayne, Jarvan or Tristana, but I'm pretty good with Riven, Warwick, Pantheon, Twisted Fate and Vladimir. Kennen too, sometimes. But he's ******* fragile as all hell.

(I had to, my tag is MercWithTheMouth and he has a Deadpool skin. What else was I going to do?)
Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you buy skins with IP? The only skins I have are the free ones(Unchained Alistar, Tristana)... =(
Old 10-25-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I meant the characters were bought with IP. Skins always cost RP, but I think all of those ones cost me a total of 20 bucks? Not too shabby, really. Some of them are really cool and since the game costs nothing, I don't mind justifying it that way.
Quote:
Old 10-25-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I play CS:S in spurts. Usually when it's freezing out, I spend a lot of time on CS:S.
Play TF2 instead. It's 10x the game Source is. By far the best game on that engine. It's also free to play now.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not complaining about paying full price for DA2. No insterest in Crysis though.
I heard mixed reactions about DA2 so I waited for a price drop. I've been meaning to buy it sooner. Good thing for my wallet I didn't.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Taric's an interesting choice. Why him? There are much better alternatives.
I got hooked on Taric during his free week. I was looking for a good champ that has a place in pretty much every situation and scales well to higher levels of play (i.e. Ranked). He's a great support character who can be built tanky. My team usually wins when I play, especially if I'm on my ****. I've had 5-assist Aces and have been the sole reason for winning team fights we should have lost or helping a teammate get away.

Kennen's on the list of possibilities for me. His skins are all awesome.

Did you pick up the free Alistar skin? You have to subscribe to their YouTube channel. He's a solid champ and he's free!

I wanted Pantheon awhile back before I took a break from the game. I was waiting for a free week so I could test him out first.

My champs are:
Alistar (Unchained skin)
Ashe
Kayle
Shaco
Sion
Soraka
Taric
Tristana (Riot Girl)

I also rarely play Tristana... It's tough to decide how to build her. Most guides say AD, but it seems like she'd be more powerful if built AP.

I have like 13k IP and really should build a few generic rune pages (level 21 and have no runes!), but I want more champs!

Last edited by nepg : 10-26-2011 at 02:29 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:28 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
what djp said you must not realize the RAMPANT cheating in source its ridiculous lol, it might as well be called aimbot source
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I got hooked on Taric during his free week. I was looking for a good champ that has a place in pretty much every situation and scales well to higher levels of play (i.e. Ranked). He's a great support character who can be built tanky. My team usually wins when I play, especially if I'm on my ****. I've had 5-assist Aces and have been the sole reason for winning team fights we should have lost or helping a teammate get away.

Kennen's on the list of possibilities for me. His skins are all awesome.

Did you pick up the free Alistar skin? You have to subscribe to their YouTube channel. He's a solid champ and he's free!

I wanted Pantheon awhile back before I took a break from the game. I was waiting for a free week so I could test him out first.

My champs are:
Alistar (Unchained skin)
Ashe
Kayle
Shaco
Sion
Soraka
Taric
Tristana (Riot Girl)

I also rarely play Tristana... It's tough to decide how to build her. Most guides say AD, but it seems like she'd be more powerful if built AP.

I have like 13k IP and really should build a few generic rune pages (level 21 and have no runes!), but I want more champs!
There are just tanky characters like Tryndamere and Olaf who are much higher tier then Taric. Both deal out huge amounts of damage while being just as, if not more tanky then Taric. It's just an interesting choice, I don't know anyone else who plays a Taric consistently.

It seems like you're definitely a support kind of guy, which is good. Kayle is a character I love having on my team, same with Soraka. Alistar as well actually, he's so useful to have around.
Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bf3....soooo good.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK guys so I'm stuck in a boat here about wtheier or not I want to get a good gaming mouse or get a wired xbox controller for when MW3 comes out.I know that I am getting it for PC,however,I'm stuck on trying figure on what to get.So what would you guys do for MW3...Get a good razor gaming mouse or get a wired xbox 360 controller?The only iffy part is will the 360 controller be the exact same controls like on the console to pc or even be compatible with MW 3..

we are just week a way.Getting so excited .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd choose a mouse 100 times out of 100. I hate playing FPS games on consoles.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok So I'm for sure getting a mouse for MW3 is gonna be a hard switch over but i think I will be able deal and handle it.

I just want know to how the set up will be like on the PC side of things for MW3.Also is it pay free like the PSN ? Also what other things should I look out for or is it all pretty simple?
Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Shouldn't have any fees. Mostly just point and shoot.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Shouldn't have any fees. Mostly just point and shoot.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to buying CS:S recently. Really weird getting back into it but I am enjoying it. Feel like some of the maps I used to play a lot aren't on there but that may be because they are on 1.6.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I need some tech help view videos like from you tube and what not in full screen. For some reason my laptop Acer will not let me view videos in full screen it just goes black when I press the full screen mode.Any idea guys?