Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-03-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Belichick doesn't believe our secondary was the problem against the Steelers. Yeah BB, our 32nd ranked pass defense isn't the issue at all.
Maybe b/c he is finally starting to see that pass rush matters?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking most likely because he knows we'll use our firsts rounders to trade down and acquire the most second round DBs a team has ever drafted but that works too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Belichick doesn't believe our secondary was the problem against the Steelers. Yeah BB, our 32nd ranked pass defense isn't the issue at all.
Technically he said CBs according to Ian Rappaport.

When there is no rush up front and the LBs can't cover and the safeties can't cover you're probably going to have a bad pass defense. Then add in that your best CB is playing like ****, you let another one go two days before the game and IR another then yeah you can kinda understand that all the blame shouldn't go on the CBs

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't blame anyone on the secondary directly. Those guys are what they are. I blame the people who expected otherwise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must

send

apologies

to

James

Sanders

Please come back!!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously what were we thinking letting him go? And we Bodden really that much worse than anyone we have the field right now?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so disappointed at how this has all turned out. We went from coming out of the lockout with Chung, Sanders, Meriweather, Page, Bodden, McCourty, Dowling, Arrington, and Butler to having Chung, Ihedigbo, Brown, Barrett, McCourty, Arrington, Moulden, and Adams now. How did this happen?

The fact that I'd take Meri back on this team in an instant makes me sad.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...that is pretty sad. Really, I would like to see Sergio start playing more again. I think he's been working through some kind of injury, but he was a lot better than Ihedigbo from what I saw earlier in the season and last year. We've got to have the worst safety pairing in the league against the pass right now between Chung and Ihedigbo right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-04-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah...that is pretty sad. Really, I would like to see Sergio start playing more again. I think he's been working through some kind of injury, but he was a lot better than Ihedigbo from what I saw earlier in the season and last year. We've got to have the worst safety pairing in the league against the pass right now between Chung and Ihedigbo right now.
I try not to put too much of it on the safeties though. The corners and linebackers play so soft that a lot of time they turn inside on a post route, and the ball is delivered before the safeties can even transition into coverage.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, general ineffectiveness as a unit is the biggest problem. We're scheming soft because of it as well. All and all, I just think we're not good enough personnel wise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-04-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

havent posted in here in a while guys..... but my god..... all personnel decisions regarding the secondary the past 4 years has been atrocious. honestly... we need to think of a different way to evaluate corners and safeties.... i know we have hit well with chung and mccourty (he will have a solid career)..... but when it comes to butler, meriweather, bodden..... anything they have in common? do chung and mccourty have anything in common? he need to do things differently..... not just for the secondary but or all defensive players imo

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bodden had nothing to do with football. And I doubt we'll ever know why he was let go. He was good for the Pats... Even this year he was one of the better performers in the secondary.

Chung and McCourty both come from strong football backgrounds. Team captains and all that jazz.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The word on the street is that Bodden voiced his displeasure of being a 4th string corner in the locker room and had basically been just cashing a check. The Patriots decided that he needed to go based on this. Basically, he was being paid starter money, performing like a backup, and bitching.

Ochocinco has wisely kept his mouth shut or he'd be out the door too.

If you aren't a "key player" (starter or rotational guy), then bitching probably gets you a ticket to a new town.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, he had been demoted and wasn't happy according to reporters. I wouldn't exactly call that "good" either. 4th string with this crop of guys is pretty mediocre, even. Let alone for a guy you are paying 10M in guaranteed dollars for. He was serviceable and better than what we had, but all and all just another black mark on our talent evaluation credentials, from multiple angles even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, he had been demoted and wasn't happy according to reporters. I wouldn't exactly call that "good" either. 4th string with this crop of guys is pretty mediocre, even. Let alone for a guy you are paying 10M in guaranteed dollars for. He was serviceable and better than what we had, but all and all just another black mark on our talent evaluation credentials, from multiple angles even.
I wouldnt pin that on talent evaluation. Pre-resigning he was playing great. He got injured and hasnt got back to where he was.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Watched this video this morning and it made me sad.

Where'd you go good Devin McCourty?

Sadly the only shot the Pats have at a turnaround and a Superbowl start and end with him. He needs to play up to his abilities to at least make this defense as mediocre as last year.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I don't think even good McCourty is going to make or break our team's SB chances. It would help but it's not the only area on defense we need to step up. safety play has been terrible, our linebackers are average, and our D-line has Wilfork (and Haynesworth who isn't even a starter but more of a rotational guy).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think even good McCourty is going to make or break our team's SB chances. It would help but it's not the only area on defense we need to step up. safety play has been terrible, our linebackers are average, and our D-line has Wilfork (and Haynesworth who isn't even a starter but more of a rotational guy).
They weren't particularly good last year, but turnovers masked a lot of the deficiencies. I think if the defense can be as good as last year's they'll have at least some shot. If the offense plays like it's capable of, and the defense doesn't vomit on itself like it did last week, I don't really see how any of the flawed AFC teams are any better than us. If McCourty plays like a lock down corner like we've seen before I think it'll have a cumulative effect on the defense. They won't be good by any stretch, but if a QB at least pauses while making his first read it'll mark as an improvement.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, that's the biggest difference between this years unit and last; tunrovers. Last year we forced 36 of them. We've got 13 total this year so far. You really can't rely on those to get it done for you, as those kinds of fluctuations are fairly typical on a year to year basis.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-05-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO Baas, Nicks or Bradshaw

Barden off PUP and debut of Prince Amukamara.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
NO Baas, Nicks or Bradshaw

Barden off PUP and debut of Prince Amukamara.
Well, Barden'll have a career day then

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Where'd you go good Devin McCourty?
He's back now. Did you see the Steelers' game?
Old 11-06-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So in injury news; Taylor Price is questionable with a hamstring and Brace was promoted from the PUP. Both aren't things I'm particularly excited about. Really wanted Price to start seeing the field more and getting some more target. Sucks he hasn't been able to get over that injury. Hamstrings are tough, but you really need to be able to fight your way through that kind of thing to be a productive NFL receiver.

Brace helps out against the run a bit I guess, but I've just never really been all that impressed with anything he's done for us. Pure NT. Provides some depth at the very least.

As far as the game goes; I want to see the ball come out quicker on offense. That's the biggest thing for me really. Last week, things were taking way too long to develop and Brady held on to the ball too long. You can't get away with that against the Steelers and you certainly won't be able to get away with that against the Giants defensive line. I've been crying for us to throw some more screens to Woodhead all year, and next week would be a real good place to start. We should also be able to run the ball a bit more. The Giants have had real problems up the middle, so if we can get BJGE and Ridley(if the coaching staff remembers we have him) it should helps us do a bit better in the possession battle and keep our defense the hell away from the football field.

Defensively, I have zero expectations. We caught a break with Nicks and Bradshaw going down, but the Giants will still get yards on us. Manningham and Cruz still scare me against the JAGS we've got. Only thing we can hope for is to luck into some turnovers.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I'm planning on making a Bills shirt before the game and I wanted to incorporate the crashing NY Jets logo that I think one of you has in your sigs. Does anyone have it saved anywhere, or know of the user that has it. +rep from a Bills fan (which is worth more, anyway)

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the defense could have a pretty decent day today. Jacobs and the rest of the Giants RBs doesn't really scare me against our front and without Nicks their receiving options are average. Cruz is a solid player and the one who worries me the most but if we can play even half way decent coverage on him I think we could fluster Eli. Manningham on McCourty is a helluva lot better than Nicks on McCourty and Manningham on Arrington or Molden

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote