Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
I haven't really heard anybody saying Alabama deserves a rematch, only that the possibility of it exists.

If Oklahoma St. loses to Oklahoma, Stanford loses to Oregon, Boise St. loses to TCU, who the hell deserves to be playing LSU in the title game?

You want to see Oregon get blown out again? Oklahoma who lost at home to Texas ****ing Tech? Stanford who has a quarterback and nothing else, who lost to a team LSU blew out of the stadium back in September?

Here's an idea... how about the team that had to miss 4 field goals to lose to LSU, and was at a 6-6 stalemate with 'em after 60 minutes of football?

Nope... that would make too much sense, and wouldn't appease the whiny a**es that can't seperate great defensive football from bad offensive football, no matter how many times they see it.
If Oklahoma State, Stanford, and Boise State all lose, then yes, Alabama deserves a rematch. But living in the South, the vast majority of the journalists down here think Alabama should still be number 2 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
If Oklahoma State, Stanford, and Boise State all lose, then yes, Alabama deserves a rematch. But living in the South, the vast majority of the journalists down here think Alabama should still be number 2 today.
This. If all three lose then as the best 1 loss team they deserve to be there. If Ok State or Stanford run the table no chance Alabama makes it. Boise St winning with the other two losing would be REALLY close.

As for the game. It was sloppy, mistake ridden, and both defenses played well. It WASN'T the game of the century by any stretch. Provided Stanford takes care of business they will pass 'Bama thanks to the computers which is the only reason they are 4 currently.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
This. If all three lose then as the best 1 loss team they deserve to be there. If Ok State or Stanford run the table no chance Alabama makes it. Boise St winning with the other two losing would be REALLY close.

As for the game. It was sloppy, mistake ridden, and both defenses played well. It WASN'T the game of the century by any stretch. Provided Stanford takes care of business they will pass 'Bama thanks to the computers which is the only reason they are 4 currently.
I think it has to be OSU or Stanford. Alabama just doesnt have the offense there to be ranked #2 after a loss.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think it has to be OSU or Stanford. Alabama just doesnt have the offense there to be ranked #2 after a loss.
This. Their offense was so good when they were facing Kent State and North Texas. They played a real defense and look what happened. Same thing about LSU.

And please don't say that would happen with Boise. Boise's offense can actually score.

And I was just thinking here: Bama is still ahead of Boise after losing to LSU. That means Stanford, Oklahoma St. and LSU could still be ahead of Boise after losing to their respective Top 10 opponents (Oregon, OU and Ark).

It must blow to be Boise right now.

Last edited by RealityCheck : 11-07-2011 at 05:41 PM.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
They really don't have much at QB, but there's plenty of national championships between these two where they didn't have much at QB.

In fact, it's usually the other team they face in the title game that comes in with the Heisman Trophy winner/candidate at QB... and get blown out.

These two defenses will make average QB's look bad, and great QB's look average/bad.

Alabama and Auburn both just went undefeated and won national championships back-to-back with 1st year starters at QB.

Neither Alabama or LSU have been in a close game all season until they faced each other for a reason.

UGA has no chance against LSU in Atlanta.
Yeah, playing LSU in Georgia gives them little chance for an upset.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
kontrolluz
Rookie

kontrolluz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The problem was Bama wasn't prepared for the fast paced, no huddle offense that Utah came out in to start the game. Utah was up 3 TD's 6 minutes into the game.
kontrolluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think there should be a rematch. I do think the rest of the contenders should be happy that Bama lost tho. They are a better team than LSU (they win 7 out of 10 i think) and would absolutely choke BSU, OSU or Stanford to death. They can run on all those teams.

I think LSU would beat Boise and Stanford pretty handily but OSU might cause difficulties. WV put up 500 passing yards running the same offense with lesser athletes. That would be an awesome game and its the one I want to see.

What happens if LSU lose to Arkansas btw? That's not outside the realms of possibility..
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagagad View Post
I don't think there should be a rematch. I do think the rest of the contenders should be happy that Bama lost tho. They are a better team than LSU (they win 7 out of 10 i think) and would absolutely choke BSU, OSU or Stanford to death. They can run on all those teams.

I think LSU would beat Boise and Stanford pretty handily but OSU might cause difficulties. WV put up 500 passing yards running the same offense with lesser athletes. That would be an awesome game and its the one I want to see.

What happens if LSU lose to Arkansas btw? That's not outside the realms of possibility..
LSU would still get the SEC title game because they own the tiebreaker against Bama, so they would most likely still get in since they would win the conference.

Thats why I dont agree with Bama getting the rematch and what not. How can you let a team make a case for being the best team in the country when they didnt even prove they are the best team in their own conference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote