Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-06-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I want to hear how "good" Cassel is, after some of the worst throws I've ever seen a starting QB make. Oh, and how good our offensive line is. I can't wait!
gonna defend Cassel a bit today.accuracy is not his stronsuit anyway but never helps though when every snap you're running for your life
Old 11-06-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
gonna defend Cassel a bit today.accuracy is not his stronsuit anyway but never helps though when every snap you're running for your life
While I agree with what you said, Cassel panicked WAY too much today, sometime you are just gonna have to avoid some pressure but still stand tall and make a good throw, especially if he wants to be a franchise QB.

On another note I really feel like we need to replace Lilja and Weigman they are just too small and not strong enough for the way Haley wants to play.(besides also replacing Richardson)
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put Gaither at LT, Albert at LG.. amirite? :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's genius!!! You're hired!!!! New O-line/O-coordinator/head coach/QB coach/all everything!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to have to respectfully decline. I'm hoping a team with a QB gives me an offer first.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

Quote:
I'm going to have to respectfully decline. I'm hoping a team with a QB gives me an offer first.
Well hell you can be QB too, I don't think you could be much worse right?
Old 11-06-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
put Gaither at LT and Albert at RT.anything to get Barry Richardson OFF THE FIELD
Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense was really bad that game. They really did miss McGraw :|. Donald Washington made some huge mistakes.

Cassel had a bad game. Team just was not ready. I didn't think it was possible for this team to not be prepared. Miami played really well in all phases, though. It wasn't just the Chiefs playing bad, that's for sure.

The Dolphins exposed a real problem with the Chiefs' offense. With Charles out and Jones playing like doo doo, they don't have anyone back there that's reliable for picking up the blitz up the middle. Battle just hasn't had the experience and McCluster is too small. They're going to have to get McClain involved in the running game, especially out of the shotgun because they need someone back there that can block. The blitz up the middle caused 90% of the problems the Chiefs had on offense and the early and constant pressure caused Cassel to rush throws.

They should have been able to take shots at this Dolphins secondary, but they just didn't have time. On the other side of the ball, the Dolphins OL completely handled everything the Chiefs threw at them.

Dolphins played great, Chiefs were off and weren't ready.

Really didn't have much bearing on the division race other than this was the Chiefs' chance to pull ahead on their own.

Last edited by nepg : 11-06-2011 at 05:22 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
put Gaither at LT and Albert at RT.anything to get Barry Richardson OFF THE FIELD
Albert looked a lot worse than Richardson today... Richardson was pretty good all game. The sacks and pressure came from up the middle or from stunts for the most part. That's a tough front seven to handle for any OL.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The Raiders (in the lead) and the Chargers have a chance to pull ahead. We have to beat Denver and I'm not sure we can if we keep playing like that.

Either way, we blew a big chance to have a two game lead going into the meat of our schedule. The second division title doesn't look very promising anymore.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF?!? i'm mad beyond words. i thought this team had risen above these types of games. i figured the losing early would have kept them grounded. i was flat out WRONG! we were unprepared and decided not to make any adjustments to the superb game plan that Miami had. apparently, in the middle of a game, it is impossible for this coaching staff to find a way to protect Cassel. whether it be with extra blockers, screen passes, or draw plays, we chose not to take advantage of a team blitzing everyone all the time. i guarantee you one thing, making Cassel take 5 step drops isn't the ******* answer. SERIOUSLY, WTF?!? how does the saying go, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. that's our gameplan. we're going to keep doing our thing and see if Miami decides to stop blitzing when its working for them. good call!

this offense has been atrocious for most of this year. i harped on it last week and again we were unable to move the ball or score points. someone, be it Cassel, Haley, Muir or Zorn, is to blame for it. WE HAVE GOT TO SCORE POINTS TO WIN! the object of this game is to outscore your opponent. we have a good enough defense (usually) to win most games. Cassel has got to find a way to make plays. Our line has to find a way to block someone. our coaches need to put together a good game plan and be able to make adjustments when that game plan fails. all around, this was a terrible loss. everyone is to blame. sorry, had to vent.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Vent all you want.. everything you said is 100% accurate. One week I think we're a solid team and the next we get ******* blown out. It is ridiculous. With as much talent as we have, that shouldn't happen, and I'm sick of it.

I was talking to boe and tbh I have no gd idea how to fix this either. I have NO idea. New OC? Replace Cassel? New DC? What is it? Because games like these are UN-*******-ACCEPTABLE. I don't want to hear excuses.. this **** needs to be fixed, and NOW.

And no, injuries are not a valid excuse. Every team has injuries.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade everyone for Aaron Rodgers.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Vent all you want.. everything you said is 100% accurate. One week I think we're a solid team and the next we get ******* blown out. It is ridiculous. With as much talent as we have, that shouldn't happen, and I'm sick of it.

I was talking to boe and tbh I have no gd idea how to fix this either. I have NO idea. New OC? Replace Cassel? New DC? What is it? Because games like these are UN-*******-ACCEPTABLE. I don't want to hear excuses.. this **** needs to be fixed, and NOW.

And no, injuries are not a valid excuse. Every team has injuries.
They're a bit undermanned in some areas (TE, RB, S), and they weren't able to make adjustments today. Doesn't help that the Dolphins just played a great game.

This wasn't like the first two weeks at all, though. The defense just laid down in those games. Today, they just couldn't do anything right in the secondary.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Trade everyone for Aaron Rodgers.
That would work.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We're lucky that both the Raiders and Chargers lost. We're technically still tied in first place, but we need to be better than today to have any shot.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

On defense like I said earlier, we don't play aggressive like our talent should be used, I get it that that isn't Crennels system, but maybe his defense just doesn't work anymore we can't sit back and let the DB's play physical like they use to in New England the rules have changed and I think that hurts his D from working how it should. Honestly with Crenel I don't see the defense ever being top 10, however I think they do have more than enough talent to be top 5, but we need to either get players to fit his system, or find a coordinator that fits our players, these last 2 defenses we have ran (tampa 2 and crenels 3-4) I think are just obsolete, get creative try something different let them lose, because at least if we lose that way we will know the players just aren't cutting it.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

Quote:
We're lucky that both the Raiders and Chargers lost. We're technically still tied in first place, but we need to be better than today to have any shot.
Well if the playoffs started today we would be in as divison winners, but yes they do really need to start playing like they WANT to win the divison and not just stumble into the playoffs because the other teams in our divison are ******.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I absolutely agree with your earlier post.. I get that this isn't a defense that gets a lot of pressure, but that sounds dumb to me right now. Matt Moore had all day to throw, and that is a major problem. Let some of these guys loose.. we need to get some gd pressure.

Bend and don't break doesn't always work. Sometimes it breaks.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Matt Cassel will be thrown under the bus and he's definitely not the long term answer, but I can't really place blame on the game on him. The offensive line played like a wet paper bag and I actually thought Cassel played pretty gutsy with his scrambling.

The Chiefs biggest problem on defense (since they won't blitz) is it is predictable. All you have to do is account for Tamba Hali and your protection is set because the Chiefs linemen don't get a push. Maybe the Chiefs should once, just once, send Houston and drop Tamba into coverage just to see what will happen. Bet the offense will be so surprised there will be a fumble.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Chiefs can't keep from getting the **** kicked out of them at home against a winless team, I don't think playoffs will be in their future.

The play design, blocking design, the preparedness of the offense has been horrendous all season. It just doesn't look that bad because of the talent at WR.

Muir needs to be thrown out the ******* door the moment the plane touches down in KCI from Denver.

Chiefs need a legit thumper inside, better pressure and depth at safety.

They also need to work hard at re-establishing the running game, with more options than just Charles coming off a torn ACL and Battle. The lack of ability to run the ball when they desperately need to and the inability to stop the run is killing this team; two things they did sufficiently a year ago.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It hasn't been horrendous all season, it was horrendous in the first two games and simply bad yesterday. The rest of the season, the gameplanning and preparedness has been excellent.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Did they move Lilja back to RG? I notice he got burned on a stunt on the right side yesterday :(

I really thought he'd get his **** together, but it just hasn't happened. I wonder what's wrong with him.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole team treated last weeks win like it was the freaking SB and just flat out didn't show up yesterday.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The whole team treated last weeks win like it was the freaking SB and just flat out didn't show up yesterday.
Yeah. Just a bad game. This team can't afford anymore "wake-up call" games. They just burned their 3rd. 5-4 wouldn't be too terrible going into the gauntlet, but they need San Diego to **** the bed the rest of the way (they should win 6-7 more games pretty easily otherwise).

9-7 would be a solid bet for the team's final record at this point, but they'll need to win at least 3 of the 5 gauntlet games to (legitimately have a chance to) win the division. I think they stand a good chance against Pittsburgh, Chicago, and New York. The way New England's been playing, they probably have a good shot at them, too... Just a really tough road now with that loss. They should have been shooting for 11-5 at worst with a much better chance to win a home playoff game than in previous attempts.

The saving throw (4+ d6) for the Chiefs is that the rest of the AFC is beating up on each other, so a less than great final record could get them into the wild card slot if they can't pull out the division (which is obviously their best shot).

The Bills are coming down to Earth. The Jets haven't been that good (and really aren't). The Steelers have huge holes even when they are healthy, but are extremely vulnerable right now. The Bengals really haven't hit the rough part of their schedule (starts next week). The Patriots are struggling. And the Ravens are surviving by the skin of their teeth lately.

So the Chiefs aren't the only team that's having ups and downs, and they aren't the only team that's about to go through a tough stretch of games. In fact, most of the teams they'll play the rest of the season are in that boat.

Last edited by nepg : 11-07-2011 at 06:50 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote