Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-10-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm working a seasonal job this year. So I'll be working Black Friday as well...luckily, the internet deals usually go live early, so I'll be able to get some games again this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new dashboard beta just went live. It's probably the biggest change they've done to it since NXE. Nothing super abnormal or anything, but it's defiantly pretty different.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The new dashboard beta just went live. It's probably the biggest change they've done to it since NXE. Nothing super abnormal or anything, but it's defiantly pretty different.
Those rebels!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's what I get for making a typo and trusting spellcheck instead of doing it manually.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-10-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have both systems and give a ****, there is a noticeable difference in texture quality between the two for Skyrim. PS3 has the edge. If you give a ****. I'm getting it for PC, so you can all bicker about it.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skyrim looked awesome on the previews. Wasn't gonna pick it up but now I just might. I just hate starting games without have played its predecessors.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If you have both systems and give a ****, there is a noticeable difference in texture quality between the two for Skyrim. PS3 has the edge. If you give a ****. I'm getting it for PC, so you can all bicker about it.
Yeah, I've seen some of that. I might not. The HDCP handshake thing is broken on the TV right now. The 360 will still let me play games(not video though, that has to use component), but the PS3 won't do anything at all. I've been playing the PS3 on my 24 inch monitor the past month for Dark Souls and I'm kind of sick of it. I want to get back on the couch haha. The difference seems to be big enough, but I'll probably just end up picking it up for the 360 anyway. I'm anxious for a reason to try out the new Dashboard too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-10-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
fwiw. i don't see a massive downside for the move, given that i'm guessing MS can push ARM to showcase a better chip. but it definitely sounds a ways off for a next gen thing.
It's just a bit of a curve ball, is all. Not a death sentence for it, but not something I was expecting to hear either.

Oh, and as far as Skyrim 360 vs PS3 stuff, I've heard that some of the issues people are experiencing with installing it on the hard drive might not be present on the retail versions. That's from Bethesda, so I don't know if it's motivated speech or even accurate, but there's hope for it to look better at least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
i forgot they were on powerpc right now, and couldn't understand the sudden shift to RISC. but arm's been pushing for a bigger marketshare, from what i remember, so i'm guessing they made a heckuvan offer to MS to get their name out.
Yeah, must have. It's not surprising that ARM would want to branch out of mobile devices with Intel trying to put the squeeze on ARM by cozying up to Google....but it's still slightly out of left field that Microsoft would be a willing partner in this on their next console. Especially where developers were extremely comfortable coding on the current architecture. Still, an ARM possessor for a non-mobile environment is potentially interesting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 11-10-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-sc...%3Bread-review

Quote:
The Good

Immense world stuffed with varied tasks to perform
Dragon battles are a blast
Lovely art design capped by some beautiful, atmospheric touches
Enjoyable battles that you can approach in a variety of ways
Lots of compelling, self-contained stories to experience in addition to the main one.

The Bad

Glitches and bugs frequently disrupt the immersion
Friendly AI is often more of a hindrance than a help.

Kind of annoyed but the low score compared to Oblivion. Is there any way they can fix these glitches in later shipments of the game? Or do they stay forever on the game?

9.0 for this scale of a game is a failure. Oblivion dominated with a 9.6. Getting a 9.0 seems like a kick in the balls.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been getting pretty amazing reviews across the board...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hadn't played BF3 in a few days but just went on a 3 hour spree unlocked the straight pull bolt for the SV98 my god does that help. Normally after missing a headshot my target has enough time to retreat to cover but with that it's just fire-pull-fire. Favorite map is Tehran Highway right now but it's changed a few times

Also love the UMP has little to no recoil and as long as you aren't fire long range the accuracy seems fine

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I unlocked it and went through a phase using it, but I switched back to the bipod. I'd rather have the increased accuracy to be honest.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bethesda is notorious for releasing buggy games. Luckily, they make fantastic games...when they work right. I dont think I'll complain too much if I get crushed by a mammoth that magically falls out of the sky or when a Dragon launches me into the stratosphere upon my death. That might just be fun.

Some reason the NCAA series seems to always have some substanstial bugs upon release as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-11-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I bought Skyrim this morning because I got random money a few days ago. It's pretty good so far, but I've only been playing for around an hour. Early impressions; the combat is a lot more fun. Just feels a lot better hitting things than it did in any other Elder Scrolls game. The graphics and the character models are much better this time around too. Animations are much more organic feeling too. The game is actually playable in third person mode if you prefer it.

Far less generic setting wise than Oblivion was too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-11-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've yet to see it live, but from the gameplay videos...the 3rd person perspective looks like it's really well done. I wouldnt be caught dead playing Oblivion or Fallout in 3rd person mode.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bought Skyrim this morning because I got random money a few days ago. It's pretty good so far, but I've only been playing for around an hour. Early impressions; the combat is a lot more fun. Just feels a lot better hitting things than it did in any other Elder Scrolls game. The graphics and the character models are much better this time around too. Animations are much more organic feeling too. The game is actually playable in third person mode if you prefer it.

Far less generic setting wise than Oblivion was too.
How are the landscapes? I thought oblivion was good. How does the snow and nature stuff look? Some of the best time pass things were to run around and explore while collecting stuff for potion making.

Is the magic stuff good? I normally play as a mage, and use the force to defeat all!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The landscapes are great. Everything looks really, really good there. Right at the start, they dump you right in the middle of some mountains and you need to find your way down. First thing I tried was going off the beaten path and jumping down rocks. Worked pretty well. Haven't gotten any spells and such yet, but the melee works pretty well. Stabbing a bear through the face with a greatsword was pretty satisfying.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-11-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

24 people are online at once off of my Xbox Live friends list. That's the most I've ever seen on at the same time. I'd say a good 18 of them are playing Skyrim. Pretty crazy.

Just like when Batman: AC came out...I'm pretty jealous, actually. ha. And I'm not even a huge Elder Scrolls fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-11-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The landscapes are great. Everything looks really, really good there. Right at the start, they dump you right in the middle of some mountains and you need to find your way down. First thing I tried was going off the beaten path and jumping down rocks. Worked pretty well. Haven't gotten any spells and such yet, but the melee works pretty well. Stabbing a bear through the face with a greatsword was pretty satisfying.
Sweet! You have to post some cool tidbits as you play. I just found out you can be something other than vampire. Something supernatural! If you find out, and become this.. supernatural entity, then post some reviews. I can't wait to be it!

How are the interactions with NPCs? Any different than Oblivion?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was pissed when I got turned into a Vampire in Oblivion. It was an annoying process to return to normal. Just kept feeding on homeless people and tried to avoid the sun, which actually proved pretty difficult and tedious at times.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a great addition to the game... I am really glad they brought back the other one.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Haha this is great.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
guessing for cost reasons it'll stay on the disc with the patch to be downloaded. it's fairly disgusting that this crap has spilled over onto consoles (buggy releases that 'rely' on future patches).

i'm curious how frequently 'frequently' is...
Bethesda has always been bad about releasing buggy games. It's really to be expected for them to have a buggy launch. So for them, quite frequently.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote