Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
If the last shooter you've bought was Rainbow Six Vegas then you would love MW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Helps to know if you liked R6V or not. Both of my previous MW games were on PS3. I enjoyed them, but will not likely be picking up MW3. I really only played single-player, though.
I actually did enjoy Rainbow Six on the console. I think the last FPS I had on a console was Goldeneye before that. I tend to FPS on my PC, but R6V2 was great to play.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't like FPS on consoles. The only FPS titles I get for consoles are exclusives like Halo, Resistance, Gears, etc.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you like more run and gun style, go with MW3, it will probably be easier to jump into...

If you wanna pop someone in the dome with a sniper rifle from hundreds of feet away, go with Battlefield 3. Much more tactical...

If you liked RB6, my guess is you'd like Battlefield 3 more.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
If you like more run and gun style, go with MW3, it will probably be easier to jump into...

If you wanna pop someone in the dome with a sniper rifle from hundreds of feet away, go with Battlefield 3. Much more tactical...

If you liked RB6, my guess is you'd like Battlefield 3 more.
Thank you for the differentiation! I have always been in the dark regarding TE difference between the two series. You really simplified it.

I actually like to play both styles. I have been into the Counter Strike series for nearly a decade but Vegas 2 was fun as a change of pace. I may go for Battlefield 3 first and get MW3 in a couple months.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soo it looks like I am buying a coffee maker and Skyrim today on my lunch break... God help me.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Followup, DCUO is surprisingly fun. i'm only level 8 but the city is pretty huge, the combat's really fun and the whole thing is put together really well. me and my college buddy partied up and raped quests for a couple hours, highly recommend for the price of $0, if only to play with the character creator.
So, kinda of confused is the game free or is it just free to play online now?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Soo it looks like I am buying a coffee maker and Skyrim today on my lunch break... God help me.
See ya in a few months.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
See ya in a few months.
Haha I still have to work which is where the majority of my posting time comes from.

But this weekend is shot that is for sure... Besides football
Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, my PS3 came in the mail today but my HD cable won't be here till the 15th... I was really wanting to have the HD cable from the start. If I go ahead and hook it up now how much trouble will it be switching over to HD later settings wise?
Old 11-11-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like zero. Pretty sure it auto detects the settings, even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah none I think the ps3 ask you if you want to switch to HDMI.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

K, thanks I'm a noob...:)
Old 11-11-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skyrim & Uncharted 3 are the main motivators for me getting a new ps3. I've been able to survive without one since May, but this is too much for me to handle. Been waiting patiently for Black Friday. I just wish that i didn't have a job or a family so i could dedicate as much time as possible to Skyrim.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
K, thanks I'm a noob...:)
Haha, it's no problem. HDMI cables are super convenient and generally figure things out for themselves. The only thing that's slightly complicated is color reference levels, but that only bothers me for certain games and isn't something that I've ever really had to mess with too much.

...although HDCP pisses me off from time to time. But that's neither here nor there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Set it up got a PSN account downloaded Netflix and now I'm installing than playing Resident Evil 5.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Enjoy it. I love getting new consoles and new games.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK seriously I'm not doing anythign Sunday should I just break down and buy skyrim???
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Enjoy it. I love getting new consoles and new games.
So far so good. It took longer to set up than I was expecting but all in all good times. I didn't play RE5 real long just a chapter or two but I can all ready tell I will get my $16 worth.

Last edited by Splat : 11-11-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So far so good. It took longer to set up than I was expecting but all in all good times. I didn't play RE5 real long just a chapter or two but I can all ready tell I will get my $16 worth.
If you have someone to play co-op with it gets so much better. A good game regardless though, I enjoyed it more than most.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody play fifa12 here? I'm havig trouble with my tactics, because for some reason it's changing them in game without me pushing any of those buttons. I was wondering if there's a place where you can turn that to manual or something.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed @ RE5. I liked that game a lot.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, my PS3 came in the mail today but my HD cable won't be here till the 15th... I was really wanting to have the HD cable from the start. If I go ahead and hook it up now how much trouble will it be switching over to HD later settings wise?
You didn't pay more than $5 for that HDMI cord did you?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
You didn't pay more than $5 for that HDMI cord did you?
I think it ended up being like $7 but some of that was shipping.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it ended up being like $7 but some of that was shipping.
Good man.

lulz

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
Ultra High Speed.
Dude you can watch the extended edition LOTR in like 20 minutes. SO fast.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote