Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a battle. Giants came to play and didn't quit. It was a good test for the Niners and showed a few things that need to be dealt with.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a concern though. And that's Frank Gore. I hope he is not seriously injured.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge day.

Big win + Luck won't be in our division (barring a trade).

Borat happy.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure Hunter can handle the load if Gore needs to sit out.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better now than later for Gore to miss some time. Great opportunity for the backups to get some touches.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
There is a concern though. And that's Frank Gore. I hope he is not seriously injured.
Could be a good week to get Frankie a rest. Got a short week after the Cardinals game and he was on pace for a career high on carries. Let Hunter and Dixon get all the carries vs Arizona.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 11-13-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great shot on FOX in the lockeroom post-game of Harbs leading the "Who's got it better than us?" creed. Great win....8-1, not in my wildest dreams would I have thought. And finished 3-1 versus the NFC East.

*Side note, NFC West went 4-0 today.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
..finished 3-1 versus the NFC East.

*Side note, NFC West went 4-0 today.
Yeah, 3-1 with only a loss in OT in a game they should have won.

I noticed the NFC West went 4-0 today as well. Probably the only time you'll be able to say that this season, especially with how many more games the Niners still have (5) within the division.

8-1! Woooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-13-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey MadIrishman, was it just me, or did this game feel like one of the NYG/SF games from the late 80s and early 90s. We had some wars back then.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome win for us and barring a collapse, we should finish with the second seed, a home playoff game and a bye. So happy now. Just hoping we dont have any letdowns within our division.

NINERS BABY!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I would also like to add that David Akers is a ****** boss......
Old 11-13-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey MadIrishman, was it just me, or did this game feel like one of the NYG/SF games from the late 80s and early 90s. We had some wars back then.
Straight up war, just like the back in the day. Very physical game on both sides. We got this one but we may see this team again...but it'll probably be in SF again! Yeah!

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-13-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

The biggest thing to take away from today's game and win is that Alex Smith and the 49ers prove they can win without Frank Gore.

Gore downplaying the injury that kept him out of the 2nd half: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ys-injury.html

Old 11-13-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers offseason was god-mode

+Signed David Akers
+Signed Carlos Rogers
+Re-signed Alex Smith
+Drafted Aldon Smith, Bruce Miller, Kendall Hunter and Chris Culliver
+Re-signed Dashon Goldson
+Re-signed Ray McDonald
+Hired Jim Harbaugh

Anything I am forgetting?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post

+Signed David Akers
+Signed Carlos Rogers
+Re-signed Alex Smith
+Re-signed Ray McDonald
+Hired Jim Harbaugh

Yep.

-Didn't re-sign Lawson and Spikes
-Got rid of Manusky

Old 11-13-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was ******* awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post

+Signed David Akers
+Signed Carlos Rogers
+Re-signed Alex Smith
+Re-signed Ray McDonald
+Hired Jim Harbaugh

Yes, Colin Jones.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post

I noticed the NFC West went 4-0 today as well. Probably the only time you'll be able to say that this season, especially with how many more games the Niners still have (5) within the division.
Regarding NFC West going 4-0 today - I saw this on Twitter:

Last time every NFC West/NFC Western team won was 247 Reg Season weeks ago when 49ers, Falcons, Rams, Saints all won in Wk 1, 1997.

What a $h!++* division we've had....for awhile now.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who gets the game ball? We had some many good contributors today: Alex Smith, Justin Smith, David Akers, Carlos Rodgers, and Patrick Willis all had great games. If I had to choose, I would say it's Alex Smith. He definitely was the huge question mark this entire season and with Frank Gore sidelined he stepped up and took it to another level and delivered. I was impressed.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

By the way I think we really need to invest in some speed at safety in the offseason or something. I know everyone can't have a safety like Ed Reed back there as a huge insurance policy and now that I think of it, good safeties that can cover a lot of real estate like Reed are hard to find. Whiter and Goldson seem to be more like the strong safety type. Which is fine, but I feel like we might get burned eventually by the likes of someone like Mike Wallace or some other speedster.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 05:11 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Letting it set in overnight this is definitely a very encouraging win. Defense played worse than usual and running game is almost non-existent and we still win.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Now it's on to the Cardinals. Trap game upcoming. I expect to blow them out of the water.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Now it's on to the Cardinals. Trap game upcoming. I expect to blow them out of the water.
Maybe I'm alone in this, but the Cards haven't been too bad this year

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-14-2011, 06:30 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

No they haven't and they have been a decent team with Skeletor. This could definitely be a trap game, especially if Gore doesn't play. Still, we should be able to run all over them with Hunter and Dixon and if not Alex Smith can win this game by himself. This is a game we should dominate.
Closed Thread