Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am down by 13. He has Jermichael Finley left and I have AP and Greg Jennings. It's going to be REAL close tonight.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 6-4 now after starting off 1-4.

Next week will probably be the game that decides the wildcard. Guy I'm facing I guess will start Josh Freeman because he has Drew Bress on the bye. Bad thing is all three of my receivers went down with injuries yesterday so who knows what there statuses are (AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jeremy Maclin) and certainly Felix will finally be back this week so who knows how many carries he takes away from DeMarco.

Such a shame I started off 0-3 in division play with crappy Chris Johnson and Peyton Hillis.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst fantasy week ever for me Avant sucked **** you djax and dwayne bowe seriously?!

I'm up 35 though but the guy im playing has packers defense and AD left ugh im starting to hate bowe

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'm up 59 with Peterson left, and I'm still worried about losing to Rodgers tonight.
lol. My crappy week includes big deficits in two $$$ leagues and I own Rodgers in both. I'm down 60 with Rodgers & Finley and I'm down 73 with only Aaron in the other. The crazy thing is that, in his monster week4 game, he scored 50 by himself in the first league and 77 in the second. So I could actually win, but I don't believe for a second it'll happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm 6-4 now after starting off 1-4.

Next week will probably be the game that decides the wildcard. Guy I'm facing I guess will start Josh Freeman because he has Drew Bress on the bye. Bad thing is all three of my receivers went down with injuries yesterday so who knows what there statuses are (AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jeremy Maclin) and certainly Felix will finally be back this week so who knows how many carries he takes away from DeMarco.

Such a shame I started off 0-3 in division play with crappy Chris Johnson and Peyton Hillis.
Damien Williams, Hankerson, Bennett, Douglas . . . get your waiver claims ready!

What a major disappointment Hillis has been. I kept him in round 10 and thought I was in awesome shape with my RB squad of Hillis / Bradshaw / Best / Hightower / Tolbert. My team is middle of the pack thanks to wildly inconsistent (and oft injured) RBs. It's sad, really, considering my lineup around that RB spot consists of Smith / Wallace / Nicks or VJax with Gronk and Rodgers. Cam on the bench with Britt on IR . . . my team should be destroying everybody but I can't get a decent start out of any RBs.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Worst fantasy week ever for me Avant sucked **** you djax and dwayne bowe seriously?!

I'm up 35 though but the guy im playing has packers defense and AD left ugh im starting to hate bowe
Well at least AD is going to leach points away from the Pack's D
Old 11-14-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, If ben didn't have such a **** day I'd be a little more comfortable.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Well at least AD is going to leach points away from the Pack's D
Or they could do what they did last week and score a few times, keeping AP on the field. Then AP and Pack D go off for big points, crushing Bantx's team.

:)

Old 11-14-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Scratch Hankerson off that waiver list. He's heading to IR w/a labrum tear.

Moreno heading to IR as well. Maybe time to add Lance Ball, given Willis' current injury and general inability to string multiple games together without missing time.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Talking

Soooo excited right now . . . I've been after Shady in my higher $$ keeper league and his owner hasn't budged - even for Rodgers. But he had Schaub and now has a bye week plus foot injury that already has him ruled out for week 12 after the bye. The big bonus is that he wants the keeper value I have in Cam Newton so I may be able to snag Shady and not even give up Rodgers!

[prays to fantasy gods]

I would be an immediate favorite to win the league w/a starting lineup of:

Rodgers
Shady / Tolbert?? (injury platoon Bradshaw / Best / Hillis / Battle)
Smith / Wallace / Nicks
Gronk
Rackers
Ravens

Old 11-14-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow... If he takes Cam for Shady I think you got a steal.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Wow... If he takes Cam for Shady I think you got a steal.
I think so, too. But there's keeper value, too and I drafted Cam in round 18 and he's the 4th best QB in the league. He's also getting Vincent Jackson who is a top 15 WR. Both guys can be kept for him and Cam will be round 16 then 14 then 12 over the next few years.

His starting WRs this week were Calvin, Stevie Johnson & Doucet. And without Schaub he's got Alex Smith and nothing on the wire.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Well Rodgers and Finley won me the game... Was slightly nerve wracking when Nelson had 2 TDs.

9-1 and I think I clinch a playoff birth. Well if not this week next for sure.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like I'll get a free pass this week if both Gore and Vick are out. This guy definitely can't field a real team after losing those two.

Just to be sure I'm gonna pick up Hunter just to take one more option away from him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to play julio in the flex the rest of the way but I don't know if I can trust him, and with division play coming up for me I may bench him for blount.

Maybe I'll trade both those guys for a more consistent Greg Jennings.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Why wouldn't you
Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Looks like I'll get a free pass this week if both Gore and Vick are out. This guy definitely can't field a real team after losing those two.

Just to be sure I'm gonna pick up Hunter just to take one more option away from him.
Smart. Hunter is a nice guy to have on the bench with SF running so much. Gore is not known for his ability to play 16 games every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I want to play julio in the flex the rest of the way but I don't know if I can trust him, and with division play coming up for me I may bench him for blount.

Maybe I'll trade both those guys for a more consistent Greg Jennings.
A trade like that would certainly be the best option. Otherwise, Blount has a great schedule while Julio has a brutal one. Pay attention to the matchups with that pair.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am trying to get either the 49ers or Ravens Defense... It sucks though cause the guy who has them both is wont trade anyone for anything less than a kings ransom.

I have the Cowboys D but they have some tough matchups down the line.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

So yeah I lost to Packs D and AD -_-

Bengal's D ftw

Old 11-15-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
I am trying to get either the 49ers or Ravens Defense... It sucks though cause the guy who has them both is wont trade anyone for anything less than a kings ransom.

I got the 49ers defense for Atlanta's and Jonathan Stewart (the 4t or 5th RB on my team)

Cowboys defense plays Washington next week so you should be good IMO.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pick 2; ppr, points for return yardage

earl bennett vs san diego
josh cribbs vs jacksonville
jermaine gresham vs baltimore
chris ogbannaya vs jacksonville

right now i'm leaning toward bennett + cribbs
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Default Advice, Please!

So I'm working two angles for some RB help in my $$$ league and would like some thoughts on my options. It's a keeper league so the number in parenthesis is the round the player will cost to keep next year and the number of years remaining on their eligibility. So (R 16 - 3) means round 16 next year with 3 full years as a keeper eligibility, moving up two rounds each season & (x) means no keeper value. I'm currently starting Tolbert and Battle b/c my RB core is busted. Bradshaw / Best / Hillis / Hightower (already added, started, and subsequently dropped Torain.) It's been a mess at RB for me.

First is a trade that would get me Shady. It will probably shape up to be this:
Give: Cam Newton (R 16 - 3) AJ Green (R 6 - 3) Mike Tolbert (R 11 - 3)
Receive: Matt Schaub (x) Lesean McCoy (R 6 - 1) Ronnie Brown (R 19 - 3)

Second is a pair of trades that would land me McFadden & Bush with Welker thrown in to boot. But I give up Rodgers and roll with Cam.
Give: Rodgers (x) Hakeem Nicks (x) AJ Green (R 6 - 3) Peyton Hillis (R 8 - 2)
Reveive: Matt Hasselbeck (R 10 - 3) Wes Welker (x) Darren McFadden (R 9 -2)

Give: Vincent Jackson (R 5 - 2) Torrey Smith (R 10 - 3)
Receive: Michael Bush (R 10 - 3) James Jones (R 11 - 3)

McFadden & McCoy both have keeper value but DMCs is clearly better. He's hurt, but I get Welker in the mix and will acquire Bush, too.

If I can swing the McCoy deal I lose Cam's monster keeper value (rd 16 / 14 / 12 over the next few seasons) but I have a sick lineup that doesn't include the loss of Rodgers.

Lineups would be:
QB:Rodgers RB:McCoy / Battle WR:Smith / Wallace / Nicks TE:Gronk
or
QB:Newton RB:McFadden(Bush) / Battle WR:Smith / Welker / Wallace TE:Gronk

I'm set at keeper in all scenarios, so my keeper value is good no matter what, despite possibly trading away the awesome keeper value on Cam.

Thoughts?

Old 11-15-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:

Matchup based play should be ok, though the Giants and Eagles are the only tough matchups left for Dallas and both of them can give up sacks and INTs aplenty.
Dare I say NE? The Pats face Indy / Wash / Denver / Miami to finish the season - and all 4 are December games, where BB historically gets great play out of his teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
pick 2; ppr, points for return yardage

earl bennett vs san diego
josh cribbs vs jacksonville
jermaine gresham vs baltimore
chris ogbannaya vs jacksonville

right now i'm leaning toward bennett + cribbs
Bennett is a must start with that list of guys. He has 6 catches and Cutler only threw 9 times. 9 times. (you should be hearing Ed Rooney's voice . . . 9 times.)

I'd go Cribbs as the second option.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
First is a trade that would get me Shady. It will probably shape up to be this:
Give: Cam Newton (R 16 - 3) AJ Green (R 6 - 3) Mike Tolbert (R 11 - 3)
Receive: Matt Schaub (x) Lesean McCoy (R 6 - 1) Ronnie Brown (R 19 - 3)
That is a lot to give up for McCoy. Schaub looks to be done for the year and has no keeper value and Brown is basically worth nothing unless McCoy gets hurt. I love adding McCoy but I think your getting shafted with this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Second is a pair of trades that would land me McFadden & Bush with Welker thrown in to boot. But I give up Rodgers and roll with Cam.
Give: Rodgers (x) Hakeem Nicks (x) AJ Green (R 6 - 3) Peyton Hillis (R 8 - 2)
Reveive: Matt Hasselbeck (R 10 - 3) Wes Welker (x) Darren McFadden (R 9 -2)

Give: Vincent Jackson (R 5 - 2) Torrey Smith (R 10 - 3)
Receive: Michael Bush (R 10 - 3) James Jones (R 11 - 3)
If you are trying to win this year than I wouldn't go with this scenario either. You pick up McFadden/Bush to start at RB but you lose VJax, Nicks, and Green at WR...Welker helps cancel out one of those but not the other two. I don't see much improvement.

If I were you I'd try to do something simpler. Maybe just try to move AJ Green for a solid RB2 or try to move Cam straight up for a RB1.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
That is a lot to give up for McCoy. Schaub looks to be done for the year and has no keeper value and Brown is basically worth nothing unless McCoy gets hurt. I love adding McCoy but I think your getting shafted with this deal.

If you are trying to win this year than I wouldn't go with this scenario either. You pick up McFadden/Bush to start at RB but you lose VJax, Nicks, and Green at WR...Welker helps cancel out one of those but not the other two. I don't see much improvement.

If I were you I'd try to do something simpler. Maybe just try to move AJ Green for a solid RB2 or try to move Cam straight up for a RB1.
Thanks DT. I agree I'm parting with a lot in either scenario but I've had no success at all trying any other moves. The first deal right now is offered (by me) as Newton / Battle / VJax for Alex Smith / McCoy / Ronnie Brown but I'd be willing to go as high as Cam / Tolbert / Green if need be. McCoy would be huge for me and make my lineup scary.

I'm not too concerned about giving up some very good WRs b/c I'm super deep there. Steve Smith, Mike Wallace are my legit top 2 with Nicks & VJax plus I have Bennett, Torrey Smith and now Damien Williams. So giving up a whole bunch of them in the Welker/DMC deal would still leave me with Smith/Wallace/Welker as my starting 3.

I've tried going simple to no avail. Currently, I'm trying to get MJD for Vincent Jackson and Early Bennett, too. The guy w/Bush has Willis, Rice, Bush & MJD so he is the only team with depth at RB.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok wow yea i didnt realize how ddep you were at wr. you definitely have room for movement with that wr core. you might have to move steve smith. he has more perceived value. might be harder to move nicks since he doesnt have keeper value. you should be trying to move cam for a rb1 and a wr for a rb2. dont blow your load in 1 move.