Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interactions are pretty good. Feel far more animated than in Oblivion. I'm having the most fun with blacksmithing. There's a little animation that plays while you're at a work bench. It's a small touch, but there's tons of them like that so far that really make it that much better.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody play fifa12 here? I'm havig trouble with my tactics, because for some reason it's changing them in game without me pushing any of those buttons. I was wondering if there's a place where you can turn that to manual or something.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can check out my thoughts on Skyrim further in it's thread, but the game is phenomenal.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Bethesda has always been bad about releasing buggy games. It's really to be expected for them to have a buggy launch. So for them, quite frequently.
That's why I only touch their games on PC where the mod community can fix the really bad stuff quickly. Bethesda has always relied way too heavily on their mod community to fix their ****. Unfortunately, it doesn't help them on consoles.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda in love with the support class now, unlimited ammo and everything comes with a bipod, along with the C4. Love the fact that all the classes actually play differently. So much variation from game to game unlike COD where it's most just camp or run(not that those aren't enjoyable)
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so finally got extensive time with MW3 and I must say, that Battlefield 3 is so much better for multi-player and it's not even close for me. Though I will say, the co-op special ops missions are fun as ****.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I love doing is destroying building. Either with the tube, or c4, I try and level **** all the time. The best is one you level a building with people inside or on top and you get 3 kills.

BF3 has gotten better since a lot of people have hopped off and went to COD. Lot more skilled guys left, and not running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My VGA box came for my Dreamcast. Hooked up my Dreamcast to my HD TV...it looks beautiful, no hitches at all. Only problem is, I have no audio. I need to buy a standard 3.5mm audio cable tomorrow, so I can use the TV's speakers. Then I can play Shenmue again. haha.

Other than that, I think I'm going to do the Toys R Us deal on Tuesday, perhaps. Buy 2 $60 games, get a $40 gift card.

Skyrim and AC: Revelations...and then I'll have to decide on the 3rd game. Probably either SotC/Ico Collection or NBA 2K12. I'd still have to pay $20 on the latter. I think I'll hold off on Batman: AC until Black Friday because it's supposed to be more than half off at several places. Not too sure if anyone will be discounting NBA 2K12, my best bet there may be Amazon.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
My VGA box came for my Dreamcast. Hooked up my Dreamcast to my HD TV...it looks beautiful, no hitches at all. Only problem is, I have no audio. I need to buy a standard 3.5mm audio cable tomorrow, so I can use the TV's speakers. Then I can play Shenmue again. haha.

Other than that, I think I'm going to do the Toys R Us deal on Tuesday, perhaps. Buy 2 $60 games, get a $40 gift card.

Skyrim and AC: Revelations...and then I'll have to decide on the 3rd game. Probably either SotC/Ico Collection or NBA 2K12. I'd still have to pay $20 on the latter. I think I'll hold off on Batman: AC until Black Friday because it's supposed to be more than half off at several places. Not too sure if anyone will be discounting NBA 2K12, my best bet there may be Amazon.
If you don't have NBA2k12 yet you need it naow, I know you want to play with (my favorite NBA team of all time) the 94-95 Magic.....Penny to Shaq, and Nick "I bang 3's all day" Anderson, cmon MOTH stop sleeping!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
If you don't have NBA2k12 yet you need it naow, I know you want to play with (my favorite NBA team of all time) the 94-95 Magic.....Penny to Shaq, and Nick "I bang 3's all day" Anderson, cmon MOTH stop sleeping!
Didnt even know they were in it. But oh god yes. I was a HUGE Nick Anderson fan. Dennis Scott ftw as well. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

NBA 2K12 will actually be $35 at Best Buy on Black Friday. hmmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-14-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NBA 2K12 will actually be $35 at Best Buy on Black Friday. hmmm.
Thats a pretty good deal might have to pick that up
Old 11-14-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Everything I've seen/read suggests that it's an inferior product than 2K11. You can download rosters that have a lot of the classic teams, too (and I'm sure people will upload updated rosters if/when a new season starts).
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
Everything I've seen/read suggests that it's an inferior product than 2K11. You can download rosters that have a lot of the classic teams, too (and I'm sure people will upload updated rosters if/when a new season starts).
This is untrue, I've owned every 2k going back to dreamcast and this is EASILY the best one. I'm not sure where you've read/heard otherwise because I don't know anyone who's disappointed with it and it's been dubbed many places as the greatest basketball of all time so uhhh....
Old 11-14-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I'm going to attempt to land several Black Friday deals. I'm not too sure how many I'll actually decide to buy, but I have my eye on...

Assassin's Creed: Revelations ($35 Best Buy)
Batman: Arkham City ($28 Walmart, $30 Best Buy)
Dirt 3 ($15 Best Buy)
Driver: San Francisco ($20 K-Mart, $20 Gamestop)
Epic Mickey (Wii) ($15 Walmart, $15 Target) As a gift
Homefront ($15 Best Buy)
inFAMOUS 2 (PS3) ($28 Walmart)
Killzone 3 (PS3) ($28 Walmart)
Kinect Sports: Season 2 ($15 Walmart, $25 Best Buy, $27 Target, $55 for Season 1 and 2 @ Toys R US)
Madden 12 ($28 Walmart, $30 Best Buy) As a gift
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection ($35 K-Mart)
NBA 2K12 ($35 Best Buy)
Resistence 3 (PS3) ($37 Target)
Scribblenauts (DS) ($8 Best Buy)
Ico/SotC Collection (PS3) ($30 K-Mart)
Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions ($15 Best Buy)
Split/Second ($10 Gamestop)
Venetica ($10 Gamestop)
Yakuza 4 (PS3) ($10 Walmart)

Some decent deals...Amazon will also have all those gold box deals as well, around the clock. They always include games on Black Friday that no one else has. Wouldnt be surprised to see Skyrim and Dark Souls from them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

amazon has buy 1 get 1 50% off. right now, applies to everything. It shows up at check out.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden stayed at $30-35 for what seemed like forever last year.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah Madden never goes down anymore. Black Friday is your best bet, because they just dont reduce it like they used to. Madden 11 is still $30 at most retailers. F that. And I would never buy a Madden at launch these days.

As for something else...I got my audio cable today, so I finally have my Dreamcast hooked up to my HDTV via VGA. It actually looks glorious...I need to fiddle with the color just a bit, but I've tested it before and it looks awesome. It's always fun going back and seeing the graphics that blew us all away back in the day. First game I put in was Blue Stinger, a great game, and I got a little nervous, because it looks horrible graphically. But that's just what it looks like. lol. I put Shenmue in today, and it looks way ahead of its time for back then. It really doesnt look bad at all. I'm excited to start playing again, either today or tomorrow.

And lastly...the Toys R Us deal that I was going to do, actually ended before I got a chance to do it. So that means, I'm buying Skyrim for $60 and getting AC: Revelations for $30 with that K-Mart deal today. I dont know when I'll play either, but it's a good deal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-15-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HEADS UP: Assassins Creed Revelations is 39.99 today at Walmart, I just got one in SouthernCal. This is likely a mistake so it could be fixed asap but it is a sweet deal if you want the game (first time I've shopped at Walmart). Just be sure to get the one with the Walmart sticker on it, supposedly the reg version (with no Walmart exclusive) is 59.99.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If worse comes to worse, I may decide to team Skyrim up with Saints Row: the Third...if AC: Revelations doesnt become available on K-Mart's website, within a day or two. Right now, it looks like they're sold out of the 360 version of the game. And I dont want the PS3 version of it, even though they have it.

edit...Actually, I decided to go with Skyrim and Batman: AC via Amazon, came to $88.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-16-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt realize resistance 3 was gonna be on sale at target thats the one game I want that I had not seen was gonna be on sale.

What are ur thoughts on NBA 2k11 vs 2k12?

Quote:
I'm going to attempt to land several Black Friday deals. I'm not too sure how many I'll actually decide to buy, but I have my eye on...

Assassin's Creed: Revelations ($35 Best Buy)
Batman: Arkham City ($28 Walmart, $30 Best Buy)
Dirt 3 ($15 Best Buy)
Driver: San Francisco ($20 K-Mart, $20 Gamestop)
Epic Mickey (Wii) ($15 Walmart, $15 Target) As a gift
Homefront ($15 Best Buy)
inFAMOUS 2 (PS3) ($28 Walmart)
Killzone 3 (PS3) ($28 Walmart)
Kinect Sports: Season 2 ($15 Walmart, $25 Best Buy, $27 Target, $55 for Season 1 and 2 @ Toys R US)
Madden 12 ($28 Walmart, $30 Best Buy) As a gift
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection ($35 K-Mart)
NBA 2K12 ($35 Best Buy)
Resistence 3 (PS3) ($37 Target)
Scribblenauts (DS) ($8 Best Buy)
Ico/SotC Collection (PS3) ($30 K-Mart)
Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions ($15 Best Buy)
Split/Second ($10 Gamestop)
Venetica ($10 Gamestop)
Yakuza 4 (PS3) ($10 Walmart)

Some decent deals...Amazon will also have all those gold box deals as well, around the clock. They always include games on Black Friday that no one else has. Wouldnt be surprised to see Skyrim and Dark Souls from them.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I havent played 2K12 yet...I buy it every year, though. 2K11 was fantastic, and there have supposedly been some changes for the better with 2K12. The gameplay is crisper, My Player has been upgraded, they've added NBA's Greatest mode, in which you take the court as a bunch of former greats in legendary games. They even have black and white game presentation when appropriate. It looks awesome. They've also added a lot more "classic" teams to pick from. As CCB said, I can play as the early 90's Magic squad, which is sweet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-16-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More reports that seem to confirm a 2012 launch for the Microsoft's new Xbox. Supposedly, Ubisoft is working on titles to be ready for it's launch. Likely to be announced at CES in January, by the sounds of it, but with scant details and probably just some sort of trailer type ******** and a logo. Probably be showing at next years E3, if the Holiday 2012 timeline is to be believed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-16-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The real AC3 is finally due out in 2012, maybe they'll sneak that on the new consoles, as well as the old.

I'm just really hoping for some jaw-dropping new IPs when these things launch. If they really do plan on releasing these new consoles in 2012/early 2013...probably wont see a new Quantic Dream game on the PS3, either. They're all about innovation and new tech, they'd jump at the opportunity to develop on something new, and more powerful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-16-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I doubt we see a whole lot at launch. I really can't think of a console that REALLY brought it at launch ever really. Except maybe the Dreamcast. Should be interesting to see what's under the hood and what the new non-hardware type advancements they'll be pushing are.

R.I.P. Junior Seau