Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 10: Broncos vs. Chiefs (Noon CST)

Discuss the upcoming game against the Denver Tebows here.

Well, I thought the Dolphins and Broncos would be hard fought wins, but now I'm not so sure. If we lose to the Broncos our division title hopes are over.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't even know what to make of this game. i think KC is more talented and has home field advantage, but this team is to up and down. how the hell can you get smashed by the DOLPHINS 1 week after putting yourself into 1st place in the division? whatever...

Tim Tebow has found a way to win a couple of games. the Chiefs have found a way to lose a couple of winnable games. i think the universe has to find a way to straighten itself out. even God thinks Tebow isn't this good of a QB, as long as he's willing to be honest with Himself.

Broncos 14 Chiefs 17

now, to what i'm looking forward to seeing the most, the offense moving the ball. this offense has been absolutely STRUGGLING to move the ball and score points. this has to get better or this is just a wasted season. play calling needs to be much faster and better. Cassel has to hit open WRs.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense needs to wake the **** up too. Losing by 28 at home is just flat out unacceptable. Hell, losing anywhere by 28 is unacceptable, but it's worse at home.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, the OL is just falling apart mid-season. Might be time to give Hudson a go at C.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Baldwin catch. Wow. Maybe if he can get his act together...
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

What a gutless team we have. Just ******* pathetic. This is tough to watch.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Broncos fan... I will say you guys probably have this game. How long can we really expect to run run run run run? A half? Sure. Not long at arrowhead though.

Edit: Nvm, changed my mind. After seeing that Tebow 5 yard intermediate pass go striaght into the ground.. let's just keep running it, donks.

Last edited by Jimmy : 11-13-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Tebow.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs can't pass either because they can't block anyone.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

What a pathetic ******* football team. Just disgusting. I can't stand to watch these guys run around like they're a d3 college team. Just ridiculous. Another ******* wasted season.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Now Dorsey is hurt. Can it be April yet?

edit: And Cassel is hurt too? This day can't get any worse.

Last edited by vidae : 11-13-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this just in... the Broncos plan on running the ball A LOT with Tebow as their QB! seriously, how the **** did every Chiefs fan alive know that the Broncos were going to run a read/triple option all day, but apparently the Chiefs didn't know this. i am absolutely disgusted by this team. those 4 wins in a row were complete ******** and it pisses me off that these ******* managed to get me to buy in again! i was drinking the damn Kool-aid too. ****!!! these ******* guys suck! cut someone, fire someone, heads must roll. come on Pioli, stop this **** before it gets out of hand. it's laughable that people suggested giving Haley an extension just a few short weeks ago. his offensive arrogance should cost him his job. we haven't been able to move the ball since the 2nd half of the Indy game.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Agreed 100%. This is the kind of week that will get someone fired. And they should be. I like Haley, I love RAC, but this is just getting ******* stupid, and I'm sick of it.

I bought in too, thinking we were actually a legit team, and we've been proven as frauds. Cassel needs to go, the OL needs to be re-tuned, and we need to get someone who can call an offensive gameplan.

Blow this entire god damn team up.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

yeah, i've had an hour to digest this game. 2 bottles of pepto later and it still hasn't digested well. Matt Freakin Cassel is a terrible example of a starting QB. i'm tired of ALL the excuses that people want to make for him. yes, our OLine isn't good and needs to be blown up (all except Asamoah and Hudson) and started from scratch, our WRs drop passes, our running game isn't the best, but the thing holding this offense back is Cassel. he makes no teammate better. everyone has to be perfect in order for him to look mediocre. it's getting old watching him panic, throw the ball to no mans land or get upset looking for PI when it wasn't even close. i'm sick of this masquerade where we pretend it's someone elses fault that Matt Cassel sucks big fat donkey (it is merely coincidence that we just played the Broncos) dick. he ******* sucks! he is the bully in grade school. he picks on the small kids, steals their lunch money, but as soon as their older brother finds out, he runs like a ***** and can't be found. maybe i'm crazy, but if the Stanzi era started tomorrow, i would jump for joy.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
yeah, i've had an hour to digest this game. 2 bottles of pepto later and it still hasn't digested well. Matt Freakin Cassel is a terrible example of a starting QB. i'm tired of ALL the excuses that people want to make for him. yes, our OLine isn't good and needs to be blown up (all except Asamoah and Hudson) and started from scratch, our WRs drop passes, our running game isn't the best, but the thing holding this offense back is Cassel. he makes no teammate better. everyone has to be perfect in order for him to look mediocre. it's getting old watching him panic, throw the ball to no mans land or get upset looking for PI when it wasn't even close. i'm sick of this masquerade where we pretend it's someone elses fault that Matt Cassel sucks big fat donkey (it is merely coincidence that we just played the Broncos) dick. he ******* sucks! he is the bully in grade school. he picks on the small kids, steals their lunch money, but as soon as their older brother finds out, he runs like a ***** and can't be found. maybe i'm crazy, but if the Stanzi era started tomorrow, i would jump for joy.
You might get your wish. According to Kent Babb on Twitter:

Quote:
Matt Cassel left the stadium wearing a cast on his right hand. Had index and middle fingers immobilized. Not good news for the #Chiefs QB.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd much rather see Stanzi or Palko start next week. I'm sick of watching Cassel too. I'm just sick over everything this team chooses to be. It just is not good enough.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
You might get your wish. According to Kent Babb on Twitter:
maybe for the wrong reasons, but i'll take it. Cassel being injured means he'll get the job back. unless Cassel gets Wally Pipped.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
maybe for the wrong reasons, but i'll take it. Cassel being injured means he'll get the job back. unless Cassel gets Wally Pipped.
Well, I'm hoping we move some picks or players or combination to snag a franchise QB in this years draft. Cassel is not the answer.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There was a rumor going around twitter that Haley was fired, but apparently Kent Babb shot it down.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Agreed 100%. This is the kind of week that will get someone fired. And they should be. I like Haley, I love RAC, but this is just getting ******* stupid, and I'm sick of it.

I bought in too, thinking we were actually a legit team, and we've been proven as frauds. Cassel needs to go, the OL needs to be re-tuned, and we need to get someone who can call an offensive gameplan.

Blow this entire god damn team up.
Ehhh.... This game was on the offense. Last week was on the defense, for sure. The defense played well, they just got zero support. It gets hard to defend the run when you're out there that much/long because the offense can't get first downs.

There's no excuse to have most of the formations not feature all three receivers... That's obviously the strength of the team, but there are so many formations that just don't involve all three of them. There's no reason that passing game should be doing anything but ripping teams apart with those three guys out there.

I thought the gameplanning for the 4 games following the first two weeks was very good, but I also expected it to evolve as they figured out roles. They don't utilize their receivers properly, and they don't get Cassel in rhythm early in the game and it's hurt them the last 3 games.

They should have destroyed the Chargers and there's no excuse for not putting up points on that Dolphins secondary or the Broncos defense. That's just pathetic.

There are a lot of things going wrong, but most of it is play design and personnel use at this point. I don't know that they can fix it without an entire off-season to figure it all out. This team would benefit immensely from another BYE week.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We need to move Bill Muir back to offensive line coach (or get rid of him completely.. he's the oldest OC in the NFL and it shows) and get an offensive coordinator.. or just say **** it and fire everyone in the coaching staff and bring in an entire new group of guys.

I like Haley, but somethings gotta give.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to just fire him, he sucks at Oline coaching too.