Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default BeerBaron's Forum Mock Discussion

I've decided that it's time again for a Forum Mock Draft.

For this one, the goal is to complete 3 rounds. If things are running smoothly and people would like to do more, I'll certainly expand it by an extra round or two.

In order to apply for the GM spot of a team, please send me a PM with the following info:

1.) Username:
2.) Cell Phone #: (I will ONLY use this if it's ok with you. I'll only use it let you know when you're up. If you're not able to make the pick yourself, you can text it to me.)
3.) 5 teams you would most like to GM.

Please also include if you would be willing to work with a Co-GM and who that is. Co-GMs are expected to work together and to keep eachother apprised of possible moves or deals. Both will have the power to make trades or selections.

Since I'm familiar with most of the posters, I'm not going to ask for more than that. I know you and have likely participated with you in the past.

We will begin approx. 1 day after all of the teams are filled. The one day will be for trading , media posts, circle jerking about your team's awesomeness, etc.

There will be a 2 hour time limit for first round picks and a 1 hour time limit for all other rounds. The time limit begins from the minute the person before you picked. (If the previous pick was made at 7:59pm, you'll have until 9:59 to make your pick in the first round for example.)

The clock will stop between Midnight and 9am eastern. This is simply the easiest time for me to run everything. Picks can definitely still be made in that time, but the clock will not run.

IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE AROUND FOR YOUR PICK, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SEND ME A BIG BOARD. I realize that it's more fun to make your own pick and see if there are any trade offers, but leaving a board allows the draft to run so much more smoothly. You can put in stipulations that if you are online, you want to make the pick. If I see that you are online, I'll give you a reasonable amount of time to select before I use your board.

Additionally, the time limit is not for you to sit around and wait for a trade offer. Pllease try to work those out before hand via conditional trades. (Ex. If player A is on the board, this trade goes through. If not, no trade.) If it is your pick and I see that you are only wasting time waiting for a trade, I reserve the right to cut your time limit in half. I will be fair and if I can tell you are actively working on one, I won't penalize you. But sitting there asking "does anyone want to trade?" over and over while wasting time will not fly.

Another thing, please sign into IRC. It's helpful for discussing the draft and working out trades and such. You can login here: http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/

Use your username from here. It can sometimes be helpful to add a "(Team X GM) after your name so people know.

To join the main forum channel, type "/join #forummock" (without the quotes obviously.)

I will try to be logged into this as much as is possible. You can submit trades to me there or via PM here. As long as I hear from the GM (or one of the co-GMs) from each team, it will count.

Furthermore, all trades must involve at least 1 draft pick. I'm not going to bother creating a "no trade list" for players, just use common sense please. I reserve the right to veto any trades, but as long as they're reasonable, I generally pass them.

In pick for pick trades, try to stick close to the "Official Trade Chart" though I won't force you to be exact.

Below is the order we will be using. It's basically just an exact list by record in reverse order from NFL.com. I adjust the teams within the playoffs to make sense. (Two teams from each conference in the wildcard and divisional losers, one from each in the Conf. championship game losers, and one from each in the Superbowl.) All still by record overall. (It will be adjusted for trades in the actual draft order)

(Given that the Raiders don't have a pick in the first 3 rounds, we won't need a GM for them.)

1.) Indy Colts (0-10) - killxswitch
2.) Carolina Panthers (2-7) - ncst8fan83
3.) Miami Dolphins (2-7) - Grizzlegom
4.) Minnesota Vikings (2-7) - Prock
5.) St. Louis Rams (2-7) - Holt_Bruce81
6.) Arizona Cardinals (3-6) - Fenikz
7.) Cleveland Browns (3-6) - DeepThreat
8.) Jacksonville Jaguars (3-6) - Unbiased
9.) Philadelphia Eagles (3-6) - PrinceFielder
10.) Seattle Seahawks (3-6) - gpngc
11.) Washington Redskins (3-6) - DirtyThirty
12.) Denver Broncos (4-5) - ShanePHallam
13.) Kansas City Chiefs (4-5) - Vidae
14.) San Diego Chargers ( 4-5) - marshallb
15.) Tampa Bay Bucs (4-5) - Caddy
16.) Atlanta Falcons (5-4) - BeerBaron
17.) Buffalo Bills (5-4) - redbills
18.) Dallas Cowboys (5-4) - Paul
19.) New York Jets (5-4) - Hurricanes25 - derza222
20.) Tennessee Titans (5-4) - TitanHope
----Wildcard Losers----
21.) Oakland Raiders (5-4) - NO PICKS!
22.) Chicago Bears (6-3) - jrdrylie
23.) Cincinnati Bengals (6-3) - Docta
24.) Detroit Lions (6-3) - Broth223
----Divisional Losers----
25.) Baltimore Ravens (6-3) - A Perfect Score - TACKLE
26.) New England Patriots (6-3) - draftguru151
27.) New Orleans Saints (6-3) - CJ
28.) New York Giants (6-3) - Scottyboy - OSUGiants
----Conference Championship Losers----
29.) Houston Texans (7-3) - Comahan
30.) San Fran 49ers (8-1) - Hawkeye123
----Superbowl Teams----
31.) Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3) - Hines
32.) Green Bay Packers (9-0) - ImBrotherCain

Last edited by BeerBaron : 11-15-2011 at 09:48 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote