Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 11-15-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Media Thread

Use this thread for posting stories and rumors about your team as well as any moves or picks you make.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

COLTS ZERO IN ON ANDREW LUCK

Rumors are swirling in Indianapolis today that Indianapolis Colts' Asshole in Chief Bill Polian will use the first pick in the 2012 draft on Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck.

"Uh, yeah. DUH," said one team official, who spoke under condition of anonymity. "This has been the plan all along."

When asked to elaborate the source refused. "He has spies everywhere. I must go, I've stayed too long already."

Luck, widely considered the best quarterback prospect since Peyton Manning himself, is expected to declare for the 2012 NFL Draft despite having one more year of eligibility.

"I could stick around, and I love Stanford, but I've finished all my classes and had a lot of fun," said Luck. "Staying another year carries obvious risks with it and I think it's time to move on to the next chapter in my life."

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A team spokesperson has indicated that the Panthers would like to move down a few spots in this year's draft.

"A number of teams have indicated their interest in moving into the number two overall position and we will certainly entertain any offers they may suggest," said the spokesperson.

The most up-to-date information can be found here where details will be reported as received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills sign C Adam Koets

Posted by Chris Brown on November 15, 2011 – 7:28 pm

Koets was waived by the Giants on the 8th. He signed a three-year deal just before tearing his ACL last November. He ended up having a second operation in August after complications developed. Koets apparently wasn't ready to resume practicing this week. The Giants opted to let him go rather than carrying him on the PUP list the rest of the way.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay are apparently in the market for a veteran receiver. PM their GM Caddy with any information.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hanie on the Move?

Sources close to the situation are reporting the Bears may be open to trading backup quarterback Caleb Hanie. Head coach Lovie Smith, General Manager Jerry Angelo, and the fourth-year player out of Colorado State all refused to comment.

Hanie, who nearly led the Bears to a comeback victory in the NFC Championship Game against the Packers after Jay Cutler went down to injury and Todd Collins went down to ineptitude, became expendable after the emergence of rookie quarterback Nate Enderle.

When asked about Enderle, offensive coordinator Mike Martz was ecstatic. "He has shown great improvements in practice. More importantly, he knows the system."

Although no specifics have been discussed, sources are reporting the Bears are asking for a third round pick in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 11-15-2011 at 06:51 PM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Posted on April 18, 2012 at 2:19 pm by Shane Ayala Jr in Sports

The 2011 Houston Texans were a team of destiny. They were destined to blow it on the big stage with Matt Leinart at the helm. Marred by injuries, lack of depth, and complete incompetence in the form of Gary "Yes, I really went for it on 4th & 13 from my own 17 while up two points in the fourth quarter of the AFC Title game against the Steelers" Kubiak, the Texans showed that they weren't quite ready for the big stage, and they showed that being a fan of theirs is torture on par with watching Entourage, the worst show in the history of television.

In fact, the 2011 Houston Texans reminded me of my travels, all of which you can read about in my autobiography 'Phenomenal Me', which is on sale at your local bookstore for a low low price of $49.95. I took a trip to New Orleans several years ago, and wound up on the bad end of a spiked drink. When I awoke, I discovered a midget—no larger than four feet tall—attempting to use voodoo on me! He was trying to wipe my mind so that he could speak of my accomplishments as though they were his own. Naturally, it didn't work, because voodoo—like God, Santa Claus, and Midgets with high self esteem—isnt real. I proceeded to karate chop the midget, knocking him out. Then, in a fit of rage very unlike me, I ruined this man's life forever—if you can indeed call a midget a man—in ways that I cannot fully elaborate on without incriminating myself. All I can tell you is that it involved a goat, Angelina Jolie's newly adopted baby infant Shiloh, a trebuchet, and an absurd about of funnel cake.

The reason I bring this up is because this man attempted to ruin my life. He tried to take everything that I had done, and render it useless. Meanwhile, being forced to endure the trainwreck that was the 2011 Houston Texans DID ruin my life, and as a journalist who is forced to cover them, I daresay their inadequacies
have turned anyone who writes for them into a joke and HAS rendered the last decade of my life useless. Where the voodoo midget failed, The Houston Texans succeeded. And if I ruined the midgets life forever because he TRIED to ruin me, what on earth will I do to an organization that DID ruin me?

The answer is simple, I will tell them how to not be terrible, and it begins with the 2012 NFL Draft.

There are several key areas that the Texans could improve on. While I'm hearing that they are likely to look for a legitimate number two option behind Andre Johnson at Wide Receiver, some help in the defensive backfield to aid Jonathan Joseph, or an impact player at the defensive tackle position, I say poppycock to that. I say start at the top and replace Matt Schaub. Yes, he started 46 consecutive games for Houston before his injury last year, but the fact that he turned up with a foot injury while Houston was on the brink of greatness is indicative of his complete lack of moral fiber. In my opinion, Houston should mortgage whatever picks they must, and trade up to snag the top Quarterback in this years draft: Robert Griffin III.

While an upgrade over Kevin Walter as the #2 WR might be what Houston plans on doing, injecting the team with the playmaking ability of Robert Griffin will do more. While adding help in the secondary and replacing the complete abortion of a player that is Kareem Jackson might be on their radar, I think aborting Matt "Anti-Clutch, Always Injured, Lazy Eyed" Schaub is the smarter move. While adding beef to the middle of the line in place of Shaun "Cody Island" Cody
—whose nickname is derived from the ONE play of worth he's made in his tenure as a Texan, an interception against some team of jabronies that arent even worth naming—is a legitimate option, why not replace a man who's made ZERO plays of substance during his run as a Texan in Matt Schaub?

While it may be likely that the ignorant, insipid, ego-driven, obsequious, moronic troglodytes that make up the front office of the Houston Texans will ignore my advice, and continue on in their mediocrity by addressing so called "needs" instead of replacing soul-crushing failures such as Matt Schaub, I will not give up in my righteous quest to make the Houston Texans
—a team that I am forced to cover due to my job, and certainly not because of personal preference—a better product on the field.

In closing, I offer a chart of what I think SHOULD happen, opposed to what I think WILL happen.

SHOULD
Texans trade Matt Schaub, move up for Robert Griffin, Super Bowl!

WILL
Texans choose Wide Receiver to put opposite Andre, Schaub can't get him the ball, misery!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BREAKING NEWS:

We have learned that former Pro Bowl WR Hines Ward has retired. We do not know all the details, but we learned his decision about a hour ago.

"I've reached all I could in my career and now I need to go find another venture to do. I love the city of Pittsburgh and I'll miss playing in front of the best fans in the world. Thank you for everything", Hines said emotionally as he left in his car.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins Part Ways with Sexy Rexy

Washington Post is reporting that the Washington Redskins have decided not to pursue resigning UFA quarterback, Rex Grossman. Coach Mike Shanahan could not be reached for comment.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow mania over?

With Orton moving on, John Elway has been taking phone calls for both Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn for any prospective teams.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cult of Colt Returns to DC

Following a horrific car accident in November 2010, Colt Brennan is getting a second chance. Colt was drafted in 2008 by the Washington Redskins then cut 2 seasons later.

Back in November 2011, Brennan said that he began working out at a facility called Fischer Sports in Phoenix, AZ, where he trained throughout the 2011 NFL season. “I’m going to continue to train for a possible return,” Brennan said. “I really love football.”

Now days before the 2012 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins have resigned Colt Brennan to a 1 year contract. It is likely that the Redskins will also target a veteran QB in the likes of Matt Flynn as well as a rookie prospect which leaves Colt fighting with John Beck for the third spot in the rotation. Coming off a poor showing in 2011, Beck will have to prove a lot to keep a spot on this roster.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Newark Star-Ledger is reporting that the Giants are quite open to shopping running back Brandon Jacobs and defensive end Osi Umenyiora. Should be interesting to see where this goes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Miami Dolphins, under new head coach Jeff Fisher, are looking to move to a 4-3 defense. As such, they will allow 3-4 mainstays Paul Soliai and Kendall Langford walk in free agency and heavy rumors are that they are shopping other personnel to make the transition smoother, with Randy Starks and Cameron Wake being the two plays most heavily linked to trade rumors.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finely Franchised

We have learned that the Packers front office has officially placed the Franchise Tag on Tight End Jermichael Finley. Though Finley has been tagged there has been some discussion on what position he will qualify for. This season so far Finley has lined up in a standup position about half the time.

"I'm not going to sugarcoat it," Finley said at the time. "I think [from] a two-point, I can get on the linebacker quicker, I can get on the safety quicker and it's a win-win for me and [quarterback Aaron Rodgers]."

In a separate interview Finley had this to say. "Man I am a hybrid, just like my name. Half the time I line up on the outside or in the slot. I deserve to be paid for the position I play, not what I am listed at."

The Packers Brass understand where Finley is coming from but continue view the Tag as a fail-safe as they attempt to sign Finley to a long term contract.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 11-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RUMOR: COLTS RECEIVE TRADE OFFER FROM SEAHAWKS

A seemingly-clear situation turned slightly murky at the W. 56th St. Colts Complex today.

According to sources close to the situation, the Colts received a trade offer early this morning from the Seattle Seahawks.

The deal is reported to include the Seahawks' 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks in the 2012 draft, as well as an undisclosed future pick(s). In return the Seahawks would receive the #1 overall pick in the 2012 draft and, therefore, the rights to draft Standford quarterback prospect Andrew Luck.

When asked for comment, Colts Vice Douchebag Bill Polian punched staff reporter Bob Kravitz in the balls.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season Recap and Team Needs: NFC North
by DC Insider Rick Bennett

In this segment, we will take look at each team's 2011 season and the areas they need to improve most in through the draft.

Green Bay Packers:
The Green Bay Packers won their second straight Superbowl thanks in large part to unanimous league MVP Aaron Rodgers. The Packers offense was able to dominate thanks to a surplus of quality weapons in the passing game and a defense that forced a league high number of turnovers. If the Packers wish to make it to their third straight Superbowl next season however, they'll likely need to sure up some holes on a defense that, while it forced a lot of turnovers, was quite vulnerable at times.While it's hard to pin down exact positions where the Packers need help, there are a few areas which could stand to be upgraded.

1.) OLB - Clay Matthews experienced somewhat of a down year as opposing offenses were able to focus on stopping him. Another pass rush threat to take advantage of the double teams that Clay draws would be a great addition.

2.) Secondary Depth - While Traemon Williams looks as good as ever, Charles Woodson will only continue to slow down and nickel back Sam Shields regressed in his second year. With safety Nick Collin's future up in the air, safety depth could also be a concern.

3.) Backup QB - With current backup Matt Flynn expected to be a hot commodity on the free agent market, the Packers won't have anyone behind Aaron Rodgers on the depth chart. Not a high round need, but a quality mid-rounder to groom would be a good additoin.

Chicago Bears:
For two straight seasons, the Chicago Bears got off to a rocky start before finishing the season on a hot streak. The Bears were one of the few teams to play the Packers tough, delivering them their only loss of the season on Christmas Day. If the Bears wish to contend with and possibly surpass the Packers next year, they'll need to address a few key areas of need.

1.) O-line - While they will be getting last year's first round pick, RT Gabe Carimi, back from injury, every other spot on the offensive line could stand to be upgraded. The reason for their slow start in both the past two seasons was a severe lack of talent on the o-line. I expect this one to get addressed early and possibly often.

2.) #1 WR - The Bears have a nice group of #2/#3 type targets, headlined by Earl Bennett who had a great second half of the season after returning from injury, quickly becoming Jay Cutler's favorite target. However, a true #1 WR would be a great addition to the offense if one is available.

3.) Defensive depth - This goes for nearly every position on the defense. While most have solid starters, the depth is very lacking, particularly at LB, CB and DE. Whatever picks that aren't spent addressing the o-line or acquiring a top WR should be spend here.

Detroit Lions:
The Lions 2011 season started off on a high note and, though they struggled late in the regular season, they managed to limp into the playoffs for the first time since the Clinton administration. The Lions have a lot of talented youngsters, but there are definitely areas that require improvement if the Lions want to take that next step.

1.) Secondary - This is easily one of the biggest areas of weakness on the Lions roster. While they have great d-line talent up front, the back end of the defense had it's struggles and could use help.

2.) Left Tackle - Two years ago, Jeff Backus was personally responsible for the injury to franchise QB Matt Stafford. While he didn't allow any serious injuries this year, his level of play continued to degrade. With so many great pass rushers in the division, the Lions need a LT who can protect Stafford's blind side.

3.) Running Back - While the young pair of Best and LeShoure looked promising a year ago, Best has been sidelined with concussions and LeShoure will be coming back from a serious knee injury. While it's not a first round need, if a talent player falls to them at the position, they should consider going that direction as a safety net.

Minnesota Vikings:
The Donovan McNabb experiment blew up in the Vikings faces while the rest of the team continued in a steady decay. The team does have a bright spot in rookie QB Christian Ponder, and of course, franchise running back Adrian Peterson. In a division featuring 3 other playoff teams, it will be a challenge for the Vikings to turn the tide, but a good draft will go a long way towards doing just that.

1A.) Secondary - While injuries played a part in their struggles this season, this has still been an area of great concern for the Vikings. Antoine Winfield isn't getting any younger while others like Asher Allen and Tyrell Johnson have simply failed to develop at all. Be it at corner or safety, the Vikings must add talent here.

1B.) O-line - No Vikings game was complete without seeing Ponder scrambling for his life or Peterson running into a wall. The Vikings o-line is quite a mess and they should look to address it early and, if possible, often.

2.) WR - While Percy Harvin was never considered to be a true #1 WR type player, the offense failed to find a way to utilized his unique talents properly. Losing Sidney Rice via free agency only weakened this already lackluster group for the Vikings further. If they find themselves with a chance to add talent here, they should.

Stay tuned as we continue to recap the teams by division with the AFC North up next!

Last edited by BeerBaron : 11-16-2011 at 09:13 AM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Smith, James Farrior Retire, Kemoeatu Cut

-We have learned that two long time starters for the Pittsburgh Steelers have retired this afternoon. DE Aaron Smith retires after finishing his third straight season on the IR. Considered one of the best and most underrated defensive lineman in the league, Smith was derailed by injuries.

Farrior, who signed a free agent contract with Pittsburgh in 2002, has been a may stay in the middle of Pittsburgh's defense since then. Always near the top regarding tackles for the team, he decided to retire after 15 years in the league. Farrior's good friend and back up, Larry Foote, will take over the middle linebacking spot.

The Steelers have released OG Chris Kemoeatu team sources tell me. Kemoeatu, a 6th round pick and starter since 2008, fell out of favor with the coaching staff due to his inconsistent play and his bonehead penalties. Considered one of the best run blocking guards in the AFC and the team's best puller, his pass blocking and mistakes grew tiring with the coaching staff.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Season Recap and Team Needs: AFC North

In this segment, we will take look at each team's 2011 season and the areas they need to improve most in through the draft.

Pittsburgh Steelers:
Two years in a row, the Steelers have battled their way to the Superbowl only to be beaten by the Packers. While the Steelers offense has really taken off with it's great young weapons at WR, it's defense has gotten noticeably older and slower, struggling to force turnovers and giving up more big plays than usual. With stiff competition in the division, the Steelers will need to keep it's youth movement going in the draft to stay successful.

1.) Defensive Front 7 - With so many defenisve starters and contributors in their 30s, the Steelers will need to continue to select youngsters to develop for the future. This includes potential future starters at ILB, OLB and NT.

2.) O-line - While Pouncey and possibly Gilbert look like long term starters, the team could definitely use help at the other positions as well as overall depth. Several times this season, injuries forced the Steelers entire o-line bench onto the field.

3.) Safety - While Troy Polamalu is still playing well, both he and fellow starter Ryan Clark are on the wrong side of 30. Adding a young safety to provide depth now and be a starter down the line should be a Steelers priority.

Baltimore Ravens:
Though the Ravens finally bested the Steelers twice during the regular season, their infamous trait of playing down to their competition bit them hard in games against Jacksonville and Seattle, leading to another Wildcard spot and playoff exit. A good draft could be just what this team needs to help push them over the top.

1.) O-line - Though the Ravens managed to rehabilitate washed up free agents Bryant McKinnie and Andre Gurode, neither is a long term solution. Center Matt Birk is also well past his prime and is in the final year of his contract.

2.) ILB - Ray Lewis may seem ageless, but sooner or later he, at age 36, like everyone else, will start slowing down. Depth is also sorely lacking with Jameel McClain best off as a role player and backup Brendan Ayanbadejo more of a special teams ace. (He is also 35.)

3.) Safety - Like Lewis, Ed Reed also isn't going to be around forever. While they have solid spot starters and backups in Bernard Pollard, Tom Zbikowski and Haruki Nakamura, free agency will likely take it's toll on that group within the next 2 years.

Cincinnati Bengals:
One of the biggest surprises of the 2011 season, the Bengals were far more competitive than anyone could have expected. With some great young rookies in Andy Dalton and AJ Green to build around on offense, as well as an extra first rounder from the Carson Palmer trade, the Bengals appear to be in great shape to keep moving forward.

1.) Safety - The Bengals have a surprising amount of young talent on defense...everywhere except for safety. Chris Crocker and Reggie Nelson are veteran journeyman at best, so a talented high round pick would really add some kick to the position.

2.) RB - Cedric Benson has been fairly unimpressive this season, lacking explosiveness and averaging only 3.5 ypc. His contract is also up after this year. Bernard Scott looks like he could be a quality player with more playing time, but would benefit from splitting carries with someone.

3.) CB - Before leaving via free agency, Jonathan Joseph made a great partner across the field from Leon Hall. Nate Clements should only be relied on as a stop gap at the position, meaning that if the Bengals have a shot at a top CB prospect, they should take him.

Cleveland Browns:
The Bengals took the step that many expected the Browns to take this season. Colt McCoy and the offense looked really lackluster as last season's hero Peyton Hillis struggled with injuries and a contract dispute. In such a tough division, the Browns will need a great draft to get back into the thick of things.

1.) Skill on Offense (QB, RB, WR) - One of the biggest reasons for the team's struggles is the simply lack of talent to move the ball on offense. While Colt McCoy hasn't been outright bad, he hasn't progressed much either. Additionally, it looks like the end of the line for Peyton Hillis at RB and at WR, the team has only Greg Little and return specialist Joshua Cribbs. Adding an elite talent at any of those positions will help drastically.

2.) LB - Though the team has done well to add DL and secondary talent in the last couple of drafts, they lack a real impact player at the LB position.

3.) More Skill on Offense (QB, RB, WR) - Take whatever they didn't take the first time through. Seriously.

Stay tuned as we continue to recap the teams by division with the NFC East up next!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Rumor Mill: #2 Pick on the Move?

Word is spreading that a yet unnamed team is close to a deal with the Carolina Panthers for the #2 pick in the draft.

While Andrew Luck is sure to go #1 overall, whether to the Colts or a team they trade with, the #2 pick could shift the way the rest of the draft falls.

The team trading into the #2 slot is rumored to be interested in one of USC's products: QB Matt Barkely or LT Matt Kalil.

More on this news is sure to follow, so stay tuned.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Florida Times Union is reporting that FB Greg Jones, C Brad Meester, DE Aaron Kampman are available for trade. The Jaguars are listening to all offers.

Last edited by Unbiased : 11-16-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Season Recap and Team Needs: NFC East

New York Giants:
After a near playoff miss in 2010, the Giants rebounded in 2011 to take the division crown. Eli Manning played at an elite level with a good array of targets to throw to and the Giants defense managed to survive some injuries and still create havoc for opposing offenses. The team was hardly flawless however, and an infusion of talent via the draft will help them continue to improve.

1.) O-line depth - Specifically RT. Kareem McKenzie isn't getting any younger and is a free agent at the end of this season. Depth could be afforded all across the line as well.

2.) CB: Aaron Ross will be a free agent at the end of the year, as will Terrell Thomas who is coming off of a significant injury. Even if Prince Amukamara gets healthy and plays well, depth will be needed.

3.) TE: Though Jake Ballard has performed beyond expectations, Travis Beckum has been a bust and Bear Pascoe is more of a FB/H-back type of player. Plus, with the premium on TEs in the league right now, having more than one who can make plays is a great thing to have.

Dallas Cowboys:
The Cowboys seemed to experience their usual struggles this season, but at the end, just narrowly missed out on making the playoffs. While the Cowboys have a good amount of talent, they do have a few key areas of weakness they will need to sure up to be competitive in the NFC.

1.) Interior O-line - Both Montrae Holland and Kyle Kosier are getting past their prime while center Phil Kosta could stand to be upgraded. Fixing this weakness would improve the run game and better protect Romo.

2.) Secondary - Injuries have been an issue for the team's corners, but depth is still needed to keep Alan Ball as far from the field as possible. The same goes at safety where Abram Elam and Gerald Sensabaugh are solid but unspectacular.

3.) WR - Miles Austin and Laurent Robinson seem to exchange injuries while Dez Bryant has had his issues as well. The team could stand to upgrade Ogletree and Holley behind their starters as well.

Washington Redskins:
Early season promise faded quickly as the Redskins fell apart during the season. No coach other than Joe Gibbs has lasted longer than 2 seasons with Dan Snyder as owner, and the father/son Shanahans may find themselves out of a job as well.

1.) QB - Grossman proved to be his inconsistent self while John Beck proved to be consistently bad. Lucky for them, this year is deep with high rated QBs thanks to many of the best juniors declaring.

2.) WR - The oft-injured (of late) Santana Moss is the Redskins only quality threat at the position. For whoever their new QB is going to be to succeed, they will need more viable pass catchers than they currently have.

3.) Trenches - On both sides of the ball, the Redskins need to add more quality talent to the trenches. Trent Williams is the only real stud the Redskins have on the o-line and the d-line is full of average-solid journeyman. More elite talent on either would be helpful.

Philadelphia Eagles:
The failed "Dream Team" incarnate. The team and long time head coach Andy Reid seem destined for a split, either via firing or resignation. It may be up to someone else to try and pick up the shattered dreams of this franchise.

1.) LB - A big reason why the "Wide 9" defense failed the Eagles is because they lacked any "enforcer" type linebackers to control the gaps. This draft is ripe with talented linebackers though, so the Eagles should be able to address this early.

2.) Interior O-line - Jason Peters is solid enough at LT and Todd Herremans has been adequate despite being moved all over the line, but more help is needed. Youngsters Julian Vandervelde, Jason Kelce and Danny Watkins have all struggled. Upgrades and depth are needed.

3.) QB - I have my doubts that anyone is going to get more out of Michael Vick than Andy Reid has. Even if a potential new coach decides to stick with Vick, Vince Young is a free agent and Mike Kafka has struggled when he's been on the field.

Stay tuned as we continue to recap the teams by division with the AFC East up next!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Season Recap and Team Needs: AFC East

New England Patriots:
Despite being big time preseason favorites, the Patriots struggled uncharacteristically during parts of the season. Their high powered offensive attack was stymied and their defense was consistently one of the worst in football. It's nothing short of a small miracle that the team even made the playoffs. However, the Pats may only be a few key pieces away from returning to an elite level of play and have the most picks to play with in the first 3 rounds.

1.) Pass Rusher - Belichick has been ignoring this need for several years running now. It would take a lot of pressure off the beleaguered secondary if they can cut down on the time the opposing QB has to throw the ball.

2.) Deep Threat WR - While the Pats have plenty of great possession targets in Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Branch, they lack anyone who can stretch the field to take the top off of the defense. Add a player who can get open deep even just a few times a game and it will really open up the underneath stuff the Pats love.

3.) Interior O-line - When healthy, it looks like Nate Solder and Sebastian Vollmer will be the Pats future at the tackle positions, but the interior of the line could use upgrades and future starters, namely at center and RG where Brian Waters has played well, but isn't a long term answer.

New York Jets:
For the first time in Rex Ryan's tenure, the Jets have failed to reach the AFC Championship game. Or even the playoffs. I don't expect the big talking Ryan to become silent anytime soon though, as the team can still be dangerous if they can find consistency.

1.) 3-4 OLB - Calvin Pace isn't getting any younger and has had a down year in 2011 while Bryan Thomas is even older and will be coming back from a serious injury, leaving the Jets pass rushers looking mighty thin.

2.) Safety - Eric Smith is solid, but not a real playmaker and Jim Leonhard will be a free agent in 2012. Getting an impact guy for the back end of the secondary would make the Jets defense much more dangerous.

3.) WR - Burress isn't a long term solution and it seems that people tend to forget that Santonio Holmes is still one slip up away from a years suspension. Jeremy Kerley would ideally remain a slot guy as well.

Buffalo Bills:
A hot start to the season made the Bills seem like serious contenders, but they fell flat to end the season and missed out on the playoffs. If they hope to continue to improve, they will need a quality draft to put themselves into contention.

1.) 3-4 OLB - The Bills entire LB corps is a revolving door mess at this time, but in particular the OLBs are a mess. It looks like Shawne Merrimen is done and they are left with a dearth of talent at the position.

2.) OT - Demetrius Bell has been injured for much of this season and will be a free agent while RT Erik Pears is also a free agent to be as he approaches 30 years of age. At the very least, depth is needed if not new starters.

3.) CB - Terrence McGee isn't getting any younger, Drayton Florence is solid at best and Leodis McKelvin is looking like a bust. Some depth, if not an eventual starter, should be looked into.

Miami Dolphins:
Tony Sparano made sure to win just enough games to take Miami out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. This team played some bad football, but isn't completely without talent. They have a long way to go in order to rebuild, starting with this draft.

1.) QB - Stick a fork in Chad Henne, he's done in Miami. Matt Moore looks like a serviceable backup, but they absolutely should not pass on a franchise signal call early in the draft because of him.

2.) Pass Rusher - Whether their new coach stays with the 3-4 or not, the team must find a pass rusher for opposite Cameron Wake as they've gotten very little production out of anyone there recently.

3.) Safety - Yeremiah Bell is solid, but is 33 and the team doesn't have anyone worthwhile to pair with him. A young, talented safety would be a great addition.

Stay tuned as we continue to recap the teams by division with the NFC South up next!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

PEYTON MANNING CLEARED TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL TEAM ACTIVITIES

Indianapolis Colts Vice Jerkface Bill Polian called a press conference today to announce that against all odds, Peyton Manning will be back with the Colts next year.

"It's a great day for Colts fans, and for my legacy," said Polian.

Polian refused to speculate on how this would affect the team's draft strategy.

"We've planned to have him back all along. If a QB, whoever that is, turns out to be the right pick, then that is who we will pick. But we have not ruled out anything."

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

TRADE TALKS HEAT UP

Just days ago it seemed impossible that the winless Colts would even consider trading out of the top pick.

However, reports have begun to surface that multiple teams have offered king's ransoms for the #1 overall pick and the right to draft Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck.

Couple that with the news that injured Colts signal caller Peyton Manning was cleared by team doctors to fully participate in upcoming minicamps, and the number 1 pick might be up for grabs.

"Imagine the Ricky Williams deal, and then lose a few more braincells. That's what we're talking about here," said one NFL front office executive.

With just hours until the first pick can be made, it is no longer assured that the Colts will stand pat and take the best QB prospect of the last decade.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Season Recap and Team Needs: NFC South

New Orleans Saints:
Two years removed from their own Superbowl victory, the Saints made a strong push this year, proving to be one of the few teams capable of running with the Packers offensively. However, their defense was still the team's weakest spot so there is definitely room for improvement. They are without a first round pick however, which will make things more challenging.

1.) OLB - It seems like every year, the Saints get mocked some OLBs to compliment Vilma. And each year, they don't take any. (At least early.) Perhaps it's time for that to change?

2.) O-line Depth - While the Saints have some quality players along the o-line, particularly at guard, their depth looks precariously thin. RT also remains a question mark as neither Strief nor Brown has really taken that spot over.

3.) CB - The team has invested a number of high picks at the position in recent years, but production hasn't quite matched the investment. Tracy Porter is additionally a free agent to be.

Atlanta Falcons:
After earning the #1 seed in 2010, the Falcons took a step back this year. Like the Saints, they do not have a first round pick so drastic improvement will be a challenge.

1.) CB - To keep up with high powered offenses like the Packers and Saints in the NFC, you need a deep secondary. Beyond Dunta Robinson and Brent Grimes, the Falcons CB depth is spotty at best.

2.) TE - Tony Gonzalez is noticeably slowing down and the Falcons don't currently have a long-term replacement on the roster.

3.) O-line Depth - Up until last season, the Falcons got by with a "lunch pail" unit, but pass blocking hasn't held up recently. Depth and possible upgrades should be considered.

Tampa Bay Bucs:
One of the league's bigger disappointments in 2011 was the Bucs. Much of their young talent failed to produce but they also have several areas of concern to address.

1.) CB - Ronde Barber could hang it up any time now and Aqib Talib is one more mistake from possibly being cut or suspended. A capable CB to provide depth and step in as a starter if needed is a must.

2.) Safety - Speaking of suspensions, Tanard Jackson is returning from a year long one and is one night of partying away from being suspended again, this time permanently. The rest of the safeties on the roster are ideally just depth players.

3.) An Offensive Playmaker - It could be at any of the skill positions, but the Bucs need a player who can strike fear into opposing defenses and open things up for their solid but unspectacular current players.

Carolina Panthers:
The Panthers certainly looked like a much improved team from 2010 and Cam Newton has shown a lot of promise. But a tough schedule and division had them picking once again in the top 2. They could definitely use this opportunity to find another elite player to build their roster around.

1.) DT - The Panthers started two rookies for much of this season and neither looks like a difference maker. A true stud at the position would make their d-line much more deadly.

2.) WR - Steve Smith rebounded terrifically this year but is still an injury prone 32 year old. They have a good young TE in Greg Olsen but no other pass catchers have really stepped up.

3.) Secondary Depth - The Panthers have a few talented starters but depth is sorely lacking. Try naming one of their safeties for instance.

Stay tuned as we continue to recap the teams by division with the AFC South up next!