Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The only thing I really dislike about Swype is the fact that it damn near constantly puts commas in instead of spaces. It's pretty annoying. Other than that, it saves some time for me.

Also, LauncherPro is godly. Love the way my homescreen looks right now.
What clock is this?^

I downloaded launcher pro basically for that clock, but then realized that the clock wasn't part of launcher pro. I really just want the clock, don't care much for the rest of the interface.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay someone has to tell me how to screenshot
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
had the same question earlier :P
Damn, we have to pay for it? That sucks...
Old 10-07-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
the free versions aren't too bad, but you're way limited on options, unfortunately... i''ve downloaded that and i'm kind of waiting for it to be on amazon for free.

on the other hand, it's all of like, 3 bucks. if anyone other than me ever looked at my phone, that'd be tempting.
I have a feeling I'm going to drop the 3 bucks and get it. Damn you Verizon. I told myself I wouldn't ever pay for an app, but they sucked me in.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Galaxy Nexus was announced yesterday and between its hardware specs (http://gizmodo.com/5851133/samsung-g...amoled-display) and the Ice Cream Sandwich OS (http://gizmodo.com/5851169/what-is-ice-cream-sandwich)

Wow... Just Wow
Old 10-19-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
The Galaxy Nexus was announced yesterday and between its hardware specs (http://gizmodo.com/5851133/samsung-g...amoled-display) and the Ice Cream Sandwich OS (http://gizmodo.com/5851169/what-is-ice-cream-sandwich)

Wow... Just Wow
That's pretty cool. i have a free upgrade coming up in november from verizon and I just may get this.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow... Just Wow
That is quite sexy. Ice Cream Sandwich looks beastly too.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone use the "Vlingo" app?
I just discovered it a couple of days ago and it has changed my life! Love it.
(specifically the InCar mode)

mmmmm Ice Cream Sandwhich

Last edited by Nalej : 10-27-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Anyone use the "Vlingo" app?
I just discovered it a couple of days ago and it has changed my life! Love it.
(specifically the InCar mode)

mmmmm Ice Cream Sandwhich
Never heard of it... Though I am downloading it now and going to give it a shot.

Also figured I would show you the other great smart phone that is coming out soon.

The new Moto Razr:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Mot...ID-RAZR_id6026

Looks comparable to the new Nexus. Claims to be the thinnest smart phone and has a carbon fiber back.

Looks pretty sexy but I am still buying the Nexus. I don't want any of that bloatware that Verizon puts on there.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

InCar mode: It actively listens for your voice.
Say "Hey, Vlingo" and it responds "What would you like?" or something like
Text/email/navigate to whomever/wherever...
It'll also read you you're incoming text messages...
(Though, when it happened to me, I was in the middle of sending one out... not sure if it automatically reads it or if you have to request it to.

Like I said, I'm still playing with it myself

Also, I'll stick with my EVO 3D :)

Old 10-27-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

The only issue with any HTC phone is their miserable battery life... Plus I am not a huge fan of Sense.

I tend to prefer Samsung Android phones.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

When i first got my EVO, it would die before i got home from school. I used to keep everything on though; wifi, 3G, sync, location/gps, etc
Now I keep everything off unless I'm actually going to use it and my battery last 24+ hrs

Anyone use the app HBOGo? Reviews don't look that great.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Girlfriend's Kindle Fire arrived. I haven't gotten to play with it all that much, but it's really a neat little device from what I've seen already. It's hard to recognize it's running Android at times, but Amazon's modifications make for a pretty slick user experience and I really haven't found anything limited about it yet either. Already transferred a few things from my phone that weren't available on the Amazon App Store and they worked out great.

The only real downsides are things that I already knew about; 8GB of space kind of sucks, but Amazon is pushing the hell out of this cloud thing and it's integrated into the UI pretty heavily. We'll have to see how that works out, but I really have no right to complain seeing as I paid half of what similar tablets are priced at, although the Nook Tablet at $50 more looks to be a better value from a hardware perspective just for the storage factor.

...it's already rooted too. No ROMs out yet...and it'll be months before she'll let me **** with it, but it's probably going to end up happening if the community puts out anything worthwhile. Seeing how vanilla Ice Cream Sandwhich runs on it would be pretty interesting haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I really just want the god damn Nexus Galaxy... I really wish that Verizon would just give a release date. Enough of this ***** footing around ********.

On another topic since EE brought up tablets has anyone the Asus Transformer Prime? Its going to be the first tablet released with a quad core processor and not to mention but Asus is making it so it is clearly going to be a quality product.

http://gizmodo.com/5857759/meet-the-...ansformerprime
Old 11-17-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm annoyed that the US is stuck without a GSM Galaxy Nexus until they decide Verizon has had it long enough. I know I could get one from Europe, but it will also cost me in excess of $700.

Plus, there doesn't seem to be a reliable source to get it from right now. I imagine they will be out of stock soon and eBay prices will probably shoot up passed $1000. By the time Verizon's exclusive ends (probably March or June), it'll be in that period where I won't buy something (if a product has a 1 year shelf life, I won't buy it 6 months in)
Old 11-18-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really just want the god damn Nexus Galaxy... I really wish that Verizon would just give a release date. Enough of this ***** footing around ********.
Couldn't agree more. I even called verizon and asked if they knew, his tone of voice was "I know something you don't know."

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw the rumored Acer A710 tablet. 1920x1200 resolution, same basic internals as the Transformer Prime... release date should be early 2012.

If Acer manages to make a non-****** product for once, that'd be totally awesome. I'm very tempted.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I still don't get the point of tablets. They look cool and I'd like to have one, but I don't want to spend money on just a "toy".

I mean...why not just get a laptop? Isn't a small laptop/netbook infinitely better than a tablet? I'm not a tech junky, so I could be wrong, but that's my assumption.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Well I have a higher end gaming a Desktop so buying a laptop is almost pointless. For me the Tablet has a lot of perks that work in my favor. Not to mention with the newer Tablets coming out that have a gig of RAM or more and quad core processors thats where technology is headed.

First off In my line of work I need to show my clients different sheets and currently I am carrying around a briefcase with kits and binders. A laptop would work but with the minimal battery life they have now it could be a hassle. Not to mention they are much bigger than a tablet with on average considerably less battery life.

The other thing is that for me it would be to watch Sunday ticket or netflix on when the GF wants to watch something else. So for me it is a faster more glorified phone that I can actually enjoy watching video on or show clients.

The only thing that would be compared to a Tablet at this point is the newer laptops called Ultrabooks. Still a bit bigger than a Tablet and have a little less battery but anywhere from double to triple the price.

Netbooks are terrible don't ever waste money on them... EVER. There are phones that have double the processing power and just as much ram.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Would you recommend a tablet to a guy like me?

All I use my computer for is the internet, and microsoft office. I'm not a gamer, when I want to watch movies or tv I just watch it on tv, I use my phone as my mp3 player as I only listen to music in my car and mostly just use Pandora.

I have a work laptop that I do my reports on.

So basically, for me, I don't see any use for them. Unless I'm missing out? What practical applications could I use one for? It seems like for me, it would just be a toy to have.

Since I already have an android phone, I figure a tablet is just my phone with a bigger screen.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

It more or less is your phone with a bigger screen. It going to be considerably faster but basically the same. You wouldn't have any practical applications with it. You already have a laptop which satisfies all your mobile computing needs.

It would just be a toy, easier to carry around. Less intrusive if you are sitting on the couch or in bed because you don't have to have an attached keyboard.

So I may not say that you need a tablet no but I might say it would be a quality investment if you got something like the Kindle Fire which at $200 is a solid android tablet that can do a lot of things for a cheap price.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, I'm typing on a netbook as we speak, and I bought it for 150 bucks off a guy from craigslist. It runs like a champ, had a friend clean it up and put malware bytes on it, and it does everything I need it to do.

Its light and portable too, I have no issues with it.

My little brother bought a new laptop that's really nice. It's not big like a laptop, but not small like a netbook, it's right in btw. I think that's perfect for me, bc the only knock I have on my netbook is that I can't play cds/dvds on it.

He bought his for 500 bucks, if I can get one on black friday for like 200 bucks, I'll be all over that.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
that's absolute bull**** and couldn't be further from the truth. i can buy a netbook for $100 that's more powerful than an ipad, for instance, and to suggest that there are phones faster than all of them is completely dishonest.
How is that absolute ********... Most netbooks have a single core 1ghz processor with one gig of ram... They basically became obsolete when Tablets came out.

The new Razr, Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy SIIs all have 1.2 ghz processors and a gig of ram with out the bloated Win 7 OS.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 11-19-2011 at 12:21 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
i got my sister's for about $300 two years ago. i think we got her an external usb cd drive for like, $10 at microcenter at some point. sucks to carry around another 'thing', but they're not too heavy/bulky.
I should probably just do that then. Save some money.

I practically use my phone as a mini computer these days, everything I need is on there with apps, from banking, to youtube, facebook, twitter, movies, opentable etc.

The netbook is for surfing the net at home and my work laptop is for reports and documents. To be fair, I'm a fred flinstone. I'm still getting used to a world that's going away from paper. I'm so used to doing things the old school way.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How is that absolute ********... Most netbooks have a single core 1ghz processor with one gig of ram... They basically became obsolete when Tablets came out.

The new Razr, Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy SIIs all have 1.2 ghz processors and a gig of ram with out the bloated Win 7 OS.
I bump because I am confused.