Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top Two Round Analysis
by Draftologist Mel McShayock

Biggest Steal: DT Devon Still, Pick #37 to Carolina
Still had no business till being on the board this late. The big DT out of Penn State has practically lived in the opposing backfield this season, being a major disruptive force and raising the level of play for the entire defense. I had this guy as a top 20 prospect, so for him to be available in the 2nd round is just unbelievable. The Panthers got a great talent here.

Honorable Mentions:
Alshon Jeffery, Pick #19 to the Jets (projected top 10)
Dont'a Hightower, Pick #45 to the Chargers (Projected late first round)
Dwayne Allen, Pick #59 to the Giants (Projected late first/early 2nd round)

Biggest Reach: CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt
This one left me scratching my head a little bit. I didn't even have Hayward in my top 100 and viewed him as a mid-rounder at best. Plus, even if the Eagles trade/cut Asante Samuel, they still have two other quality CBs on the roster in Nnamdi and DRC. (Though both are having serious down years that may improve if their scheme is changed.)

(Dis)Honorable Mentions:
Vontaze Burfict, Pick #13 to the Chiefs (Projected late first rounder)
Mark Barron, Pick #29 to the Texans (Projected mid-late 2nd rounder)
Michael Brewster, Pick #49 to the Cowboys (Projected just inside top 100)