View Poll Results: What side?
Galactic Republic 12 37.50%
Sith Empire 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Okay. So I got a beta code. I signed up for an account on SW:TOR online and redeemed the code. The code redemption was successful. Now what? Do I have something I can start DLing? Or do I have to wait for another email?
You have to wait for another email. They'll send them out probably this week as I heard a rumor that the beta weekend will be the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Keep in mind that most of these "open" beta tests are stress tests on their servers, so the general server lag might not be.. great.. but it's still playable.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You have to wait for another email. They'll send them out probably this week as I heard a rumor that the beta weekend will be the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Keep in mind that most of these "open" beta tests are stress tests on their servers, so the general server lag might not be.. great.. but it's still playable.
The main reason I want to test it out is just to make sure it's a game that fits my play style. Based on the fact that I like LOTRO as it is, I am fairly willing to bet that I will like TOR, however I really only want to get it if my brothers get it as well. And my brother did not like LOTRO nearly as much as I did. He stopped playing when he got to level 7 with an elf, so he is not sure he wants to play TOR even though he is a huge SW fan and loved both KOTOR and KOTOR II.

So really all I want to do is test out the style of gameplay. I want to see that it is not a slow-style RPG.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should be able to get that opportunity. If you don't get a beta email, and I get another one, you can use my account. My internet is being really ****** and won't let me really log onto any games at all.

And if you and your brother loved KOTOR, you'll LOVE TOR. It's KOTOR but better.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's KOTOR but better.
Whoa, man. Calm down and step back for a second. Lets not get crazy.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Whoa, man. Calm down and step back for a second. Lets not get crazy.
I've heard Bioware employees refer to this as KOTOR 3-10. And for someone who loves MMOs, it's definitely not crazy to call this better than KOTOR.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, from what I've played so far, it's basically multiplayer KOTOR, which is awesome.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I barely played the beta so I can't really make an informed decision yet but it will have to be pretty damn good to be better than KOTOR. I don't think I will ever be happy with Bioware until they make a true sequel to KOTOR, though. Something like

Old 11-21-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

KOTOR is my favorite single player game of all time and nothing really comes close to it.. and TOR is a better overall game. It just is. You'll see when you play it.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Hope you're right. I just got the beta invite for I think this weekend, the email doesn't say but others have said that is when it is.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah it is for Thanksgiving weekend, but I will say it again: This is a massive stress test. If you can't get in right away or there is lag, don't get frustrated.. that is what this weekend is designed for.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got the invite as well. Just in time for my release from the hospital. Woot.

The bright side of all this health stuff? Doctor doesn't want me going back to work til Monday. Guess what the means. Dedicated SWTOR all weekend.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I just got the invite as well. Just in time for my release from the hospital. Woot.

The bright side of all this health stuff? Doctor doesn't want me going back to work til Monday. Guess what the means. Dedicated SWTOR all weekend.
Are you okay? I had no idea you were in the hospital.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Are you okay? I had no idea you were in the hospital.
I mentioned it in the Week 11 discussion and Random Discussion threads and those posts get buried real quick.

I have just been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and a tumor in my kidney, unrelated to each other but both pretty serious. I'm out and no longer doubled over in pain, so that's a good thing. But I was violated by a camera up my anus.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ouch, that is awful man. Is the tumor benign? Any idea what is going on with that?

Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Ouch, that is awful man. Is the tumor benign? Any idea what is going on with that?
We don't know on the tumor and we aren't going to find out until just before Christmas.

As far as SWTOR, I was finally able to finish validation and get the game DLing. So stoked!!! I am DLing the "Main Assets" which looks to be the last piece of the puzzle and certainly the biggest. I'm only pulling at 800Kb/s, and I have 11.75GB left to go. Should be done by dinnertime tomorrow. LOL!

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah it is a biiiig file, haha. And I'm not sure when the servers are coming up, but I'd put my money on Friday.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We don't know on the tumor and we aren't going to find out until just before Christmas.

As far as SWTOR, I was finally able to finish validation and get the game DLing. So stoked!!! I am DLing the "Main Assets" which looks to be the last piece of the puzzle and certainly the biggest. I'm only pulling at 800Kb/s, and I have 11.75GB left to go. Should be done by dinnertime tomorrow. LOL!
I hope everything works out for you, sir!

I'm certain you'll have a blast playing TOR. Hopefully the latency issues won't be too bad and you'll get a real chance to experience the game.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play this weekend because I'm heading back home for Thanksgiving so I think I'm going to let my brother use my invite to play.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be playing late saturday night and sunday.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am mid download as well. Luckily i am pulling 2.37 MB/s so its going pretty quick
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am mid download as well. Luckily i am pulling 2.37 MB/s so its going pretty quick
I dropped as low as 600 KB/s and finally decided to pause the DL and resume it. I'm hanging around 1 MB/s now.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Dang. I don't get to play until Saturday at 11:00 EST. I was hoping it would start Friday night like last time
Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Dang. I don't get to play until Saturday at 11:00 EST. I was hoping it would start Friday night like last time
I haven't gotten my email yet. Crossing my fingers for Friday....

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I haven't gotten my email yet. Crossing my fingers for Friday....
If you have it installed and everything and you DON'T get an email by late tomorrow, you can just use my account. I'm going to be out of town this weekend anyway.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Sweet. Thanks vidae. I just got my email last night though. Will be logging in promptly at 8am PST on Saturday. Sad panda that I didn't get Friday.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sweet. Thanks vidae. I just got my email last night though. Will be logging in promptly at 8am PST on Saturday. Sad panda that I didn't get Friday.
Make sure you let us know how you like it, sir! I'm always excited and interested to hear other peoples opinions on the game.

My brother is going to be using my weekend pass since I'm back up north for Thanksgiving without a real computer. He's a big WoW fan boy and usually takes any chance he can to knock TOR so I'll be interested to see what he has to say too.