Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vikings sign Doss.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...ort=NFL&id=275

This signing makes me wonder...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally!!!!

We sign a starter!!!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Makes Laron less likely.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Looks like Rosenhaus did his job.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang I'd sign him 1 mil.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Finally!!!!

We sign a starter!!!
I don't think he'll start.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, with Mr. Childress, it's open competition for EVERYONE!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i am happy for anyone who captains TOSU to a national championship. if he can come back from his injury
Old 04-04-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Doss is the man. Just get someone to work on his coverage he has all the tools and more.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
a-dub83
Rookie

a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.a-dub83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Doss is the man. Just get someone to work on his coverage he has all the tools and more.
good luck with that, Doss is more of an in the box safety
Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Nah, with Mr. Childress, it's open competition for EVERYONE!!!
If Childress has any brains at all he'll start T-Jack. I still remember the moment he pulled Bradly Johnson, the entire stadium went insane. T-Jack is every single season ticket holders favorite. I can't tell you how many T-Jack jerseys I've seen people around here wearing, it's insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never understood why they would go after Landry when they had Sharper, Smith, Tank and Blue. It seems Sharper and Smith probably won't be back, but with Tank, Blue and Doss they should be more than fine.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I never understood why they would go after Landry when they had Sharper, Smith, Tank and Blue. It seems Sharper and Smith probably won't be back, but with Tank, Blue and Doss they should be more than fine.
Yeah, but the only thing is Tank and Doss are both one year contracts so hopefully they will produce and get an extension.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
If Childress has any brains at all he'll start T-Jack. I still remember the moment he pulled Bradly Johnson, the entire stadium went insane. T-Jack is every single season ticket holders favorite. I can't tell you how many T-Jack jerseys I've seen people around here wearing, it's insane.
Sure, whatever you say...
Old 04-04-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
That just gives them plenty to burn when he flops. Quinn should start from day 1 if there is any way to get him.

Landry is off the board, as are the 2 guys that I wanted most in the 2nd in Nelson and Meriweather.

Easily our best FA signing and the only guy who actually has the ability to start. Shiancoe is a chance also.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing by the Vikings, Doss is a very good SS for a Cover 2/Tampa 2 defense. He was probably playing his best ball in 2006, stepping in for the injured Bob Sanders, before suffering his ACL injury (which all reports indicate he's recovering well from).

I'm surprised he didn't get more interest on the open market. I'm guessing teams wanted to see him fully recovered first, which is why he agreed to a one-year deal. I know Philly wanted him a great deal though.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With the signing of Doss maybe team will move Smith to the nickle where I think he's a little better suited. I'm not a big fan of this move becuause it does make it a bit less likely that Landry will be the pick at 7, though it is only a 1 year deal and both Doss and Tank are coming off season ending injuries.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that takes away the possibility of Lanry going at 7

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decent signing, especially if Smith's on his way out.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

As a vikings fan i'm happy with the signing... I mean 1mil is a fantastic deal. Doss knows the system and coordinator (from Indy), and provides great depth to an already deep position. Sharper looked a step or two slower, Smith looked great when he was on the field, and Tank was solid (when healthy). It basically boils down to whos gonna step up in training camp will be the starter, then when they get injured the others can step in.

I can see Sharper starting as FS and Williams at SS. Then having Doss come in for Sharper on short yardage downs, and Dwight Smith playing more of a nickel back roll. We've got Winfield, and 2nd year man Griffin at the corner... but beyond that our corners are pretty weak.. so Dwight Smith could definitely see alot of playing time if he's williing to play that roll
Old 04-04-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can now only hope...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to Atlanta LaRon Landry.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Bradentonian
Rookie

Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm hoping they cut Smith... I'd love to have him back on the Bucs
Old 04-04-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With this signing, I am now really hoping we cut Sharper. Dwight Smith at this stage is not only playing better, but he is making less and his quite a bit younger. Also, I really like this signing, only because we are not paying him much at all. If all else fails, he can go in there and knock some heads on special teams, which at his price, ain't too bad.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.

Well, hes from tOSU so that makes him good =P

Good signing for a cheap deal