Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Salas reportedly done for the year w/ a broken bone in his leg.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:39 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Salas reportedly done for the year w/ a broken bone in his leg.
It's a real shame, after those dodgy opening 2 weeks, he's really stepped it up and looks like he'll be a weapon for us. Any word on Kendricks?

Still can't quite believe we managed to lose that. Game should have been dead and buried at HT.

Last edited by Beano : 11-07-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
It's a real shame, after those dodgy opening 2 weeks, he's really stepped it up and looks like he'll be a weapon for us. Any word on Kendricks?

Still can't quite believe we managed to lose that. Game should have been dead and buried at HT.
I was really excited about how Salas was developing. He was becoming a definite "go-to" guy and I believe he brings more to the table than Amendola going forward.

Oh well, time to see what Pettis can do I guess....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that might be the ugliest win the Rams have had in a long time.

Not a huge amount of positives, and yet more injuries. I hear they fear is both Harris and Hoomanawanui are both done for the year as well. Any of you near St Louis and played CB at any time? Might be worth a shot showing up at Rams park on Monday.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey all I care about, we had 13, they had 12, WE WIN!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:30 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at it, I'm warming up to the Rams taking Morris Claiborne.

He might not be my top choice but thinking about that secondary with Bartell, Fletcher and Claiborne. Could be fun to watch.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Looking at it, I'm warming up to the Rams taking Morris Claiborne.

He might not be my top choice but thinking about that secondary with Bartell, Fletcher and Claiborne. Could be fun to watch.
And that's assuming Bartell and Fletcher return from injury and are capable of playing up to previous levels. It's entirely possible they may not be capable, making CB an even bigger need.

I'm still of the mindset that a top-flight WR remains this team's biggest need, but you certainly can't ignore other positions, cornerback among them.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Saffold could be done for the year after sustaining a "serious chest injury" while lifting weights this week.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone catch Blackmon last night on ESPN? Weeden was off but Blackmon still had a nice game. His catch radius is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

We suck. We're like the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

1. Justin Blackmon
2. David Decastro
3. Morris Claiborne
4. Trent Richardson
5. Vontaze Burfict

That might be my big board right now.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Didn't get to see the game today, going to try and catch it tomorrow. But from the sounds of it, Bradford kind of stunk it up and McDaniels didn't help much either.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Didn't get to see the game today, going to try and catch it tomorrow. But from the sounds of it, Bradford kind of stunk it up and McDaniels didn't help much either.
The offensive line was beyond bad.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We suck. We're like the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL.
Wouldn't go that far, maybe like the Houston Astros. Is it baseball season yet?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Quote:
I never saw it either, but I was at a friends and we had Redzone on last night, Rams offense was on around 7/8 times and I think it only managed to show one positive play.

As you can imagine I can't wait to stick gamepass on and watch it. Although with how tired I am right now, I think a nap before might be the best thing to do.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The offensive line was beyond bad.
Maybe, but I watched the "highlights" of all five sacks on NFL.com and I'd say at least three though possibly four were on Sam. Still trying to get the opportunity to go back and watch the full game, though.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe, but I watched the "highlights" of all five sacks on NFL.com and I'd say at least three though possibly four were on Sam. Still trying to get the opportunity to go back and watch the full game, though.
Talking more about the running game.

I hope they keep Spags, but if I was Stan, I would fire Bill Devaney. I don't know, Devaney seems like a nice guy but it's obvious that he can't put together a 53-man roster.

Right now I want the Rams to resign Brandon Lloyd and sign Desean Jackson in the offseason. I love Blackmon but IMO right now we need to spend the picks on fixing other positions.

1. David DeCastro OG
2. Billy Winn DT
3. Best Outside Linebacker available (hopefully one of the OU guys) or TY Hilton.

Lloyd, Desean, Hilton.....Finally get some guys who can stretch the field and has the ability to score at any point of the game.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Talking more about the running game.
Ah, well then yes, I'd agree.

Quote:
I hope they keep Spags, but if I was Stan, I would fire Bill Devaney. I don't know, Devaney seems like a nice guy but it's obvious that he can't put together a 53-man roster.
I would agree that Devaney hasn't exactly been the astute talent evaluator that many thought he was earlier in his tenure.

Quote:
Right now I want the Rams to resign Brandon Lloyd and sign Desean Jackson in the offseason. I love Blackmon but IMO right now we need to spend the picks on fixing other positions.

1. David DeCastro OG
2. Billy Winn DT
3. Best Outside Linebacker available (hopefully one of the OU guys) or TY Hilton.

Lloyd, Desean, Hilton.....Finally get some guys who can stretch the field and has the ability to score at any point of the game.
I'm not a big fan of Jackson, but I understand he appears to be one of the most talented options in next year's free agent crop. Also, despite an excellent prospect at the position and a rookie pay scale to help keep the contract in check, I don't see the Rams spending a top five pick on a guard.

My three candidates for the Rams' first round pick right now (which I believe would be the third overall pick according to the order) are Blackmon, Kalil, or Claiborne.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

I see we have another DB on IR, it really is quite astonishing.

Interesting stat of the day.
Quote:
Pass rushing defensive end Chris Long has 58 overall pressures on the year on 339 pass rushes, which equates to pressure on a ridiculous 17% of pass plays.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Heard Tony Softli say a few days ago that he would be surprised if Ron Bartell came back, says he thinks Ron is done.

Now I know it's Softli so I wouldn't put to much into it, he's a knowledgeable football guy but he's kind of dumb when it comes to the media side. But if that is true, Corner just will be the Rams #1 Need this offseason.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Lloyd, Desean, Hilton.....Finally get some guys who can stretch the field and has the ability to score at any point of the game."

I really like TY Hilton. He can really be a game changer at the next level and has the kind of speed that is rare. If you haven't seen him play, go check out his highlights against Louisville from earlier this year on youtube and see what kind of separation he gets. On one play he runs about an 8-yard slant and it appears as though the safety is in perfect position to make a tackle. Next thing you know he is ten yards past everyone and the whole secondary is chasing him downfield. So not only does he have speed and explosion, but he isn't afraid to go over the middle. And he is a fantastic returner.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Can someone delete this thread so we can pretend this season didn't happen?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it's official. Both Spags and Devaney are GONE from the Rams. Let the housecleaning begin in earnest. It is time for a new regime and a new committment to success.

While I thank both of them for their efforts it is time to move in a new direction and get this ship turned around.

Let us all look forward to the day where as Rams fans we no longer have to wear our brown paper bags and hang our heads like whupped puppies...
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote