Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
in Harbaugh we trust?
In regards to Alex? I guess so. You can definitely tell he's easing him into more of a passing mode week by week. Or he's at least trying. I got the feeling they used this game to experiment a tad more and trying to come out swinging via the air like they did against the Giants. Unfortunately, it was a mixed bag today. Alex still had decent day. If Harbaugh can get Alex to that Steve McNair or Mark Brunell level, I'll be satisfied.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
In regards to Alex? I guess so. You can definitely tell he's easing him into more of a passing mode week by week. Or he's at least trying. I got the feeling they used this game to experiment a tad more and trying to come out swinging via the air like they did against the Giants. Unfortunately, it was a mixed bag today. Alex still had decent day. If Harbaugh can get Alex to that Steve McNair or Mark Brunell level, I'll be satisfied.
I feel like each week we are seeing more & more of the playbook. While I would love for a game like today's to have been a 49-0 blowout, I won't complain with the results.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-20-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who gets the game ball? If I had to chose one person I'd say Patrick Willis, but really the entire defense deserves the credit. Still haven't allowed a rushing touchdown or a 100 yard rusher this season. Those streaks could come to an end this Thursday.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So who gets the game ball? If I had to chose one person I'd say Patrick Willis, but really the entire defense deserves the credit. Still haven't allowed a rushing touchdown or a 100 yard rusher this season. Those streaks could come to an end this Thursday.
Pretty unlikely since apparently the Raven's offensive coordinator never wants to run the ball.

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 11-20-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Pretty unlikely since apparently the Raven's offensive coordinator never wants to run the ball.
Oh yeah that's true. Looking at his stats, Ray Rice has only gone over the century mark twice this season rushing the ball, and that was barely. I'm actually more scared of him getting in open space especially on screen. For the last few years we've struggled with scat-backs on screens and whatever.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. I'd say this game and the Detroit game was his worst in terms of accuracy. I still can't believe he missed Crabtree in the endzone like that. There were other aspects of the offense like Vernon Davis not getting two feet in bounds on a long reception when it looked like he could have and Braylon Edwards dropping a pass although it was a tad high. Still should have caught it though.
ya Alex missed a couple but the receivers let him down too, Braylon was terrible and vernon has to do better.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:20 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their is a lot of blame to go around for the sloppiness in the passing game. The offensive line didn't protect as well as it has recently, the receivers dropped a few passes and Alex was off a quite a few throws.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I feel like each week we are seeing more & more of the playbook. While I would love for a game like today's to have been a 49-0 blowout, I won't complain with the results.
Yeah, Billick (commentating the game) was confused why the Niners continued to run more difficult plays from an execution standpoint, saying they were "getting too cute." Billick obviously didn't realize that Harbaugh knew the game against the Cards was at hand and that the Niners are going to continue to open up the playbook, putting more different plays out there each week, making it harder for teams to gameplan against the Niners based on trends they see. They've done this more and more as the season rolls on, where they have a long run play through a formation and personnel one week; then the next week the same formation and personnel executes a long pass play as Harbaugh and Roman have had someone run a wheel route or leak out on the weak side for a pass instead. They are keeping their opponents guessing, which is slowing them down and giving the Niners an advantage on both sides for the ball, especially on offense. I also see a different player or combination of a couple players featured each week, where there are more plays called for them. Earlier games did this with Delanie, Morgan, and Bruce Miller, then I've seen VD and Crabs more lately. Several plays were to Edwards in the first quarter yesterday but he just wasn't in sinc with Alex, so it was Crabs that had a big day. This type of scheming and the halftime adjustments that are being made will give the Niners a legit chance to win ANY game against ANY opponent this season. They simply have to continue to develop and raise their level of play on offense to put 7's on the board instead of 3s.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-21-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one play I was pissed about was Smith's interception in the red zone. He should have just thrown the ball away instead. Other than that, Smith played well.

I wasnt happy with the two blocked FG's and the missed FG. Against a superior team, thats a disaster in the making. I agree with Billick. When they had momentum early, they took Smith out and put Hunter in the shotgun for some stupid wildcat crap. I HATE those stupid gimmick plays. They rarely if ever work and are a recipe for disaster.

I have no problem with Harbaugh opening up the offense and giving Smith more control but I hate those stupid gimmick plays. No reason to get cute or stupid whatsoever. Those are more like desperation type plays and we werent desperate whatsoever.

Overall, im happy. We're 9-1. The Giants lost which gives us a three game lead and the tiebreaker. I'm hoping that the Giants beat the Saints next week so they can have four losses too especially if we lose to the Ravens in Baltimore on Thursday. Either way, we should still finish at least 13-3 barring a huge letdown and I do think that we can win the Ravens and Steelers games. Just have to play smart instead of cute.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I HATE those stupid gimmick plays. They rarely if ever work and are a recipe for disaster.

I have no problem with Harbaugh opening up the offense and giving Smith more control but I hate those stupid gimmick plays. No reason to get cute or stupid whatsoever. Those are more like desperation type plays and we werent desperate whatsoever.

So you didn't like the key 3rd down pass play to ICE a couple weeks ago that helped cap the game?! Or the similar play to Staley earlier in that game? Fans don't like "gimmick" plays when they don't work, but when they do, they're the some of the most memorable ones.

9-1 proves they aren't getting too "cute." They're putting players in positions to make plays; it doesn't always happen or work accordingly. The NFL is not easy.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners are starting the throw the ball more because they have to now. Teams have caught on to the gameplan, and this staff isn't going to play Mike Singletary ball (Power O against 9 in the box).
Closed Thread