Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-01-2011, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anybody has a list of FAs after the 2011 season? Would be interesting to see who's hitting the market...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:14 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I doubt Light is any better than Solder at this point. More experienced? Sure. But he was abused and exploited at times last year.
After a few games of watching him, Light is still better :(
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just was wandering around the interwebs and I picked up on the nugget that the Steelers have $141.4 million obligated towards 39 players for the 2012 season. Of course this offseason Mr. Mike Wallace becomes a RFA. He'll no doubt get a top tender, but there is a strong possibility that if a team were to sign him to a solid offer the Steelers would be unable to match it.

Wallace represents a perfect fit for the Patriots needs, someone who can go vertical and draw safety help away from the middle of the field. This would effectively eliminate the viability of the press man coverage that teams have been playing so often against the Patriots recently. Since we've pretty much all discussed getting a receiver in round 1, wouldn't it make sense to spend a 1st and a 3rd on a top 5 receiver like Wallace?

It would be expensive to get Welker and Wallace under contract, but for the moment the Pats don't have too many huge obligations, and they have a lot of dead money from bad contracts coming off the books soon. This could get the offense running on 2007 levels again and would still leave plenty of picks to use towards the defense.

It's definitely worth kicking in the tires for.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 11-22-2011 at 06:34 PM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sure they'll discuss it and have a good think about it but I'm not sure they would want to give up that sort of compensation and then try to offer him a contract. The Pats don't need a top 5/10 WR to make the system work. They simply need to someone who can beat man coverage.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Wallace or Desean Jackson would be outrageous in this offense.

I agree the price tag will likely be too high, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

And most likely will either be resigned or franchised. VJ on the other hand.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR Wes Welker
DE Andre Carter
DL Kyle Love (exclusive rights,)
DE Mark Anderson
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
OL Dan Connolly
WR Deion Branch
QB Brian Hoyer (RFA)
ST Matthew Slater
C Dan Koppen
DL Gerard Warren
ST Tracy White
CB Antwaun Molden
S James Ihedigbo
RB Kevin Faulk
LB Gary Guyton
DE Shaun Ellis
ST Niko Koutovides
DB Nate Jones
DB Bret Lockett (RFA)

This seems to be the list I have seen, poached it from elsewhere.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

Yeah I definitely see Jackson as a great fit. However his implosion brings up a huge red flag. Doesn't look like they are in any hurry to bring him back.

One guy that I have seen linked to us is Stevie Johnson out of Buffalo.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream free agent signings:

WR Brandon Lloyd

DE Adam Carriker

DE Luis Castillo (proj. release)

LB Anthony Spencer

FS Marlin Jackson
Old 01-21-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a potential for some big time WRs in FA this year

Colston
LLoyd
Meachem
D-Jax
Reggie Wayne

Can't remember many more off the top of my head but you gotta think we would be in play for at least one of those guys

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post

Colston
LLoyd
Meachem

D-Jax
Reggie Wayne

Can't remember many more off the top of my head but you gotta think we would be in play for at least one of those guys
Ideal pick ups

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calais Campbell would be on the top of m FA priority list. Meachem and Lloyd would definitely be on there as well.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thank you to Steven Jackson. His career is over. Trust me. He's over 2100 carries in his career. RBs who cross the 2100 carry mark, usually do so around 30. Jackson is doing it a year early because he's basically been the workhorse for the Rams.

He'll be worth less than Kevin Faulk is now and come at a much higher price.

edit: That's DJax... not SJax. Sorry. Was just skimming.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post

Colston
LLoyd
Meachem
D-Jax
Reggie Wayne

Lloyds gotta be the favorite to get. He'd be an upgrade over Branch IMO for his role.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Lloyds gotta be the favorite to get. He'd be an upgrade over Branch IMO for his role.
We're going to keep Chad and pass on Lloyd, even though he'll probably beg to sign for the vet minimum.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
We're going to keep Chad and pass on Lloyd, even though he'll probably beg to sign for the vet minimum.
Dude don't even joke about such a horrifying thing
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to get Vincent Jackson though. I really don't want to draft a WR, especially given our track record.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-22-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
I'd love to get Vincent Jackson though. I really don't want to draft a WR, especially given our track record.
While he would be perfect, the only problem is that he will demand a #1 receiver contract.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree we should go FA for WR and not the draft - personally I think if we had Bowe we'd have the scariest offense in the league bar none - but with Welker's pending contract and the cap room many of the losing teams have, there's no chance we land a premier FA. How about Brandon Lloyd and Eddie Royal?

Last edited by Blackluck : 01-22-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think DJax will ask for a monster contract after his down year still?
I'm hoping he lowers his demand.

I'd go Lloyd > Royal

Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Do you guys think DJax will ask for a monster contract after his down year still?
I'm hoping he lowers his demand.

I'd go Lloyd > Royal
I'm thinking Djax asks for more than Vjax lol.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 01-22-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

VJax is better fit anyways so that works out well for us, possibly
Large target + deep threat = 50+ TDs for T.Brady next year

Old 01-22-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Also, Asante Samuel seems to be destined for FA. I'd love for him to come back.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you think of Bill being aggressive again in the off season?

I would love it if he pursued guys like Samuel (if released) Brandon Llyod (fits in Mcdaniels system) and even John Abraham to continue to booster the pass rush on the outside.

In the draft a high draft pick will most likely be used on an offensive linemen that can play guard and center. Also Bill will most likely continue to find his guy in the secondary in the 1st or 2nd round
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonsportlova View Post
What do you think of Bill being aggressive again in the off season?

I would love it if he pursued guys like Samuel (if released) Brandon Llyod (fits in Mcdaniels system) and even John Abraham to continue to booster the pass rush on the outside.

In the draft a high draft pick will most likely be used on an offensive linemen that can play guard and center. Also Bill will most likely continue to find his guy in the secondary in the 1st or 2nd round
With Abraham turning 34 when the season starts, I would rather keep Andre Carter.