Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
One thing to factor into Barkley leaving for the NFL is he doesn't need the money. His parents are loaded, and his uncle Les is a billionaire and owns water front residence in Balboa Island.(Among the most expensive homes in the U.S.)
I see this argument every year, and 90% of the time the player ultimately declares for the draft.

Your parents money != Your money.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I see this argument every year, and 90% of the time the player ultimately declares for the draft.

This argument is valid. A player with a wealthy background can be comfortable taking another year in college to be around his friends, win a national championship, and earn his degree. Where as a player like Jurrell Casey last year left early because he wanted to help his parents out.

90% of the time? ha go grab that evidence!
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Isn't Luck's family also pretty loaded?
Luck's situation was different. He said prior to his RS Soph. season that his main goal was to get his degree. He'll get that after this year, so he'll have no reason to come back next year, in my opinion.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

"One factor that could be in USC's favor as Barkley mulls his decision in the coming weeks: financial need. Barkley is from Newport Beach, a wealthy Orange County community, and said he won't go pro for the money.

"I'm completely happy with where I am right now," Barkley said. "I think college is one of the most abundant times of your life, living off your parents pretty much. You get a stipend, which arguably can be raised. I get fed, have all the clothes I need and I'm living the life, I feel like. So I don't think that's going to be one of the big issues of me leaving, which I think is a good situation to be in." "

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/s...e-nfl-decision
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Something weird i've come to appreciate more w/Barkley is that he has NO filter with what he says. Just about every interview i've seen/read about him has him answering every question honestly.
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/s...y-heisman-push

Quote:
"Generally, we try to let guys win it on the field, but we probably should have done something more for him," Haden said. "We just owe it to him as a kid, too.

"We're hopeful Matt's going to have a great shot."

Barkley, a junior who is considered a likely top pick in the 2012 NFL draft if he chooses to declare early, has thrown for 3,105 yards, 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season with a 67.6 completion percentage. He'd be in position to break all of USC's career passing records if he came back for his senior season.

Haden added Wednesday that the campaign would be a "little different" if the Trojans knew Barkley was returning in 2012.
Some bs. It shouldn't be "a little different". The dude stayed with the program through the bad times. Nobody should fault someone for leaving to be a top 5 pick.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. The Luck hype train has been out of control for a while now. Pretty much mirrors the Jake Locker hype train aside from Locker managed to derail his with an appalling year.

Better deep ball? Barkley and it isn't even close.

Better overall QB? I'll take Luck but he isn't a once-in-a-lifetime prospect.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Kiffen thinks Barkley's gonna stay if that means anything. Life has to be pretty sweet at USC, Barkley has the chance to go #1 if he stays, and the chance to win a championship. I think he stays.
If idiot Lienart stayed at USC when he was going to be the #1 overall pick had he left (2005), then Barkley might too.
You're right, life is sweet at USC when you're the star QB. Everything's "open & available" to him there.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Barkley is a legitimate QB prospect and I'm not so sure after watching this UCLA game that Luck is the "clear-cut" qb... Looks more like draft of 04 than 10. Eli and Luck as the gem prospect. Rivers kind of came out late and Big Ben came from a small school. Personally I like the Luck/Barkley combo more than most previous draft classes.

Luck, Barkley, and Griffin III are looking like real nice QB prospects this year. (Haven't watched a whole lot of Wilson from Ark, but I think he stays in school; haven't seen much of Tannehill either).
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
First off i dont see a real improvement in that defense next year especially with their two best players (Perry, McDonald) moving on. Offensively you're losing your best offensive lineman in Matt Kalil so not sure what you come back for unless you want to risk dropping like Matt Leinart or Jake Locker did.

As for the Luck/Barkely comparison i would take Luck for everything he brings to the position but have to admit Barkely has had the better year in all the games i've seen and probably has a chance to have a better pro career if he ends up in the right situation. It's almost like if you dont take Luck and he's a Peyton Manning type you end up defining your career on that one move, too risky.
He's also returning Robert Woods and Marqis Lee. USC has had a consistently good offensive line so I don't think he has to worry too much.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luck-Barkley-RG3 are going 1-2-3 if they come out. Big franchises like Miami, Washington and KC aren't going to sit idly by waiting for a quarterback to fall to them. Ya know Seattle and Pete Carroll would die to get Barkley too. I think Barkley is crazy if he stays another year. I thought Leinart was too. But, I never dated any of those USC song girls. ha ha
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
Luck-Barkley-RG3 are going 1-2-3 if they come out. Big franchises like Miami, Washington and KC aren't going to sit idly by waiting for a quarterback to fall to them. Ya know Seattle and Pete Carroll would die to get Barkley too. I think Barkley is crazy if he stays another year. I thought Leinart was too. But, I never dated any of those USC song girls. ha ha
Carroll has shown no loyalty to USC players so not sure if that was your point.

Luck is struggling a little right now. He seems to be short arming a lot of his throws. At the end of the day you dont want to be the GM that passes on Andrew Luck and i think the combine setting will actually seal the deal for him to be the top QB taken.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Carroll has shown no loyalty to USC players so not sure if that was your point.

Luck is struggling a little right now. He seems to be short arming a lot of his throws. At the end of the day you dont want to be the GM that passes on Andrew Luck and i think the combine setting will actually seal the deal for him to be the top QB taken.
I still think Luck is the top guy, but Barkley finished the season as well as any QB I've ever watched in CFB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
There are a lot of incentives for him to come back.

-USC will be bowl eliglble
-Can compete for a NC, USC has a lot of talent
-Possibility to go #1.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

never trust a USC QB
Mike Evans #13 ROTY
Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, the only thing I really see separating Luck from Barkley is his size and athleticism.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
At this point, the only thing I really see separating Luck from Barkley is his size and athleticism.
Do you think this becomes even less substantial with barkleys ARM just as strong as lucks?

Usc is in championship game and barkley is number 1 next yr most likely... I see the argument but is the risk of that not happening worth the difference from being drafted #5 this yr? I won't knock him either way, and would pry stay if it were me... but as a draft fan and Usc hater I want him to turn pro!! Haha.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a professional standpoint there's very little incentive to stay in college to become the 1/1 pick. There's no $50+ mil guaranteed payout to QBs taken first overall.
Luck will probably sign for a $25-28 mil contract total, which won't be much different that Barkley's contract if he's taken in the top 4.

Barkley's still in college so maybe things like winning a NC/Heisman mean more to him right now than where he's picked in the draft.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
From a professional standpoint there's very little incentive to stay in college to become the 1/1 pick. There's no $50+ mil guaranteed payout to QBs taken first overall.
Luck will probably sign for a $25-28 mil contract total, which won't be much different that Barkley's contract if he's taken in the top 4.

Barkley's still in college so maybe things like winning a NC/Heisman mean more to him right now than where he's picked in the draft.
Good point on the rookie contract and it's hard to believe that people still bring it up as a "valid" point to get drafted higher a year after the rookie salary scale was put into place. If you are going to move up half a round or more, that might make sense. To move from Top 5 to No. 1 would be financially stupid to stay in for.

The goal for the kids coming out of school now is to get to their second contract as quickly as possible because that is where the real money is at. If that is their motivation, then they need to come out early and get the clock started towards that next contract.

That said, if a kid is enjoying school and wants to stay for whatever reason they choose, I'm good with that. I respect Luck immensely for staying in to get his degree. If Barkley opted to go the same route, I'd be good with that as well...unless it was my team on the clock at No. 2 with a dire QB need.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley is living out his dream playing for USC. Next year they have legit NC aspirations and are bowl eligible. He will be a preseason favorite for the Heisman, rewrite the USC record books, be the first overall pick instead of competing with Luck.

The only legit threat in the PAC 12 will be Oregon. USC is a top 10 team right now and could give Alabama and LSU a run for their money, its a shame the kids playing for the school now get penalized while Bush is making millions and Pete Carroll sneaks off to Seattle to coach in NFL obscurity. I think the NCAA needs to rethink how it handles these types of cases.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Barkley is living out his dream playing for USC. Next year they have legit NC aspirations and are bowl eligible. He will be a preseason favorite for the Heisman, rewrite the USC record books, be the first overall pick instead of competing with Luck.

The only legit threat in the PAC 12 will be Oregon. USC is a top 10 team right now and could give Alabama and LSU a run for their money, its a shame the kids playing for the school now get penalized while Bush is making millions and Pete Carroll sneaks off to Seattle to coach in NFL obscurity. I think the NCAA needs to rethink how it handles these types of cases.
I don't know what makes any of these guys tick but my guess is his dream out of highschool was to play in the NFL. For me, coming back for a 4th season to play for Lane Kiffin doesnt have the appeal of being a top 2 or 3 pick in the NFL.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah./ Punishing student atletes of the present is stupid for what happened in the past. I'm all for taking away there National Championships and all achievements during the Bush era.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

Barkley could be greedy, not for the money but to prove that he is better than luck.

If he declares*
-will get the media pub of ''luck vs barkley'', manning/leaf style... we all know it. ESPN has their scripts written already.

-want to prove hes better than Luck. Look what harbaugh has done with Alex smith!? Overanalyzation a must once draft comes.

-Nfl... that means pro, maybe barkley is so competitiv3 he will pass on an easy route to the Nat'l champ game and will want to prove himself against the big boys.

Whatever he chooses will b a fun choice.. not easy but comon id take it in an instant.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl705 View Post
Do you think this becomes even less substantial with barkleys ARM just as strong as lucks?
Lol. No.

Try watching. Barkley's velocity > Luck's. It's painfully obvious in the USC vs Stanford game.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
USC is a top 10 team right now and could give Alabama and LSU a run for their money, its a shame the kids playing for the school now get penalized while Bush is making millions and Pete Carroll sneaks off to Seattle to coach in NFL obscurity. I think the NCAA needs to rethink how it handles these types of cases.
It's the only move the NCAA has, though. The idea is that these schools will be so afraid of losing as much money as USC has lost the past few years, that they won't hire guys like Carroll. Obviously this strategy has mostly failed in regard to USC. It worked much better with with SMU -- or in basketball, with the Michigan/Webber/Fisher situation, where Michigan's basketball program spent almost 15 years being irrelevant, and Fisher spent more than a decade doing very little that was noteworthy.

And the kids have the option of transferring.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote