Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 11: Chiefs vs. Patriots (MNF)

Discuss the upcoming game against the Pats here.

How badly are we going to lose this one? I say 20+ points.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots will score as many points as they wanna score.Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez will be our own Freddy Kruger
Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats have had trouble playing against their own defense in the past. Mangini and Crennel have both given Brady problems. Really sad that Cassel didn't get to go back to New England and start a game v. Tom Brady. Would have been awesome. I'm sure he'll make the trip, though.

Basically, if Palko has any amount of time (Pats pass rush has been dog doo), he just has to throw it deep somewhere near where Bowe or Baldwin is supposed to be, and the Chiefs actually will have a chance to win this one.

I'm guessing the Chiefs just try to run the ball and it won't work and then they'll try to dink and dunk, which isn't the way to attack that defense.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not gunna happen. Pats win HUGE!

what i'm interested to see, is how well Palko plays over the rest of the season as compared to what Cassel was able to do through the 1st half of the season. maybe that will shed some light on the Cassel as QBOTF issue.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can illuminate it completely for you: We need a QB!

And tonight is the night guys. This one could be painful to watch.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Devin McCourty is out tonight so it looks like the Pats will cover Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston with Kyle Arrington, Antwaun Molden and the guy who makes the coffee. Even still, I really don't think Palko can make anywhere near enough plays for you guys.

Im interested(if a little nervous) to see Matt Light against Tamba Hali

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Well Devin McCourty is out tonight so it looks like the Pats will cover Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston with Kyle Arrington, Antwaun Molden and the guy who makes the coffee. Even still, I really don't think Palko can make anywhere near enough plays for you guys.

Im interested(if a little nervous) to see Matt Light against Tamba Hali
That's the bottom line, isn't it.
Well, that and the Chiefs inability to cover the deep middle.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Flowers, Carr and Dorsey are all questionable, but I'm not sure it even matters. Brady is going to pick apart this defensive backfield like it was nothing.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. The Chiefs are going to be able to do things on offense :(.

Thing with Palko is:
1. He's not a bad backup like the media has tried to make him out to be.
2. He's a lefty: he can easily roll out away from the right side of the line.

Then, the Patriots have zero ability to cover those receivers and the Patriots don't generate a pass rush effectively.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Donald Washington looks A LOT better this week. Encouraging.

That's the thing about injuries... It makes your depth incredible for when you get your starters back. The Patriots had that with their secondary during their run of 3 championships, and the Packers have that going for them this year.

We always note depth as a big issue for the Chiefs, but the injuries they've endured and played decently through can really be a boon for the next year.

Last edited by nepg : 11-21-2011 at 08:06 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Where was this Thomas Jones all season? Why is he showing up now? ****.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to get too excited, but finally you blitz the **** out of a team and look what happens!! I like this, if we had our D playing like this all year we would look way better.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_fan88 View Post
I don't want to get too excited, but finally you blitz the **** out of a team and look what happens!! I like this, if we had our D playing like this all year we would look way better.
I think Romeo has a lot more confidence in Donald Washington than John McGraw/Sabby Piscitelli...or maybe he's just saying "**** it". Either way, it looks good. Also, Amon Gordon has been an underrated player all year and has been really good tonight. They'll be much more aggressive next year with a more athletic safety group protecting against the big play.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs have the worse set of TE's I have ever seen.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They have one TE and Jake O'Connell. I actually really like Pope as a third or backup TE who sees the field a lot because he's a solid blocker and can make some plays in the passing game with his size, but he's starting. They need Moeaki back and another TE.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* miss Eric Berry!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I ******* miss Eric Berry!!!!
I miss having a good team :(
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If this isn't proof that QB is our number one need, I don't know what will do it.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If this isn't proof that QB is our number one need, I don't know what will do it.
Because the backup QB (really the #3 QB) played poorly in his first ever start against the best team in the AFC? How is that relevant to the actual starting QB position?

It was more proof they need to replace Richardson with someone who's at least trying and Lilja is struggling on the left side. Barry's given up...his problems have always been mental and he's just completely collapsed in that department. The Pats' pass rush is dick, and they were in the backfield way too much.

I won't bash on Palko too much. Backup QBs can't be expected to not play like crap unless you've got a well-oiled machine and the Chiefs just don't have that right now.

Last edited by nepg : 11-21-2011 at 11:42 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Palko has almost no arm strength and the gameplan was garbage. Scott Pioli won't be pleased with getting completely embarrassed in his old stomping grounds.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It isn't just Palko. It's Cassel too. It's pretty much every QB we've had since Trent Green. They're not NFL caliber starting QBs. None of them. Palko is terrible, but we all knew that. Cassel is terrible too, but only most of us know that, or are willing to admit it. We're going to be picking top 5 and we absolutely need to come out of this draft with a QB. Period.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Palko has almost no arm strength and the gameplan was garbage. Scott Pioli won't be pleased with getting completely embarrassed in his old stomping grounds.
The early gameplan was really good and the running game was working. Then they just didn't have the ball much after that with the interceptions.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:37 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The early gameplan was really good and the running game was working. Then they just didn't have the ball much after that with the interceptions.
OK, I think I understand your point...

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 11-22-2011 at 05:48 AM.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Didn't finish that post for some reason. Lol.

Left out that it all fell apart. Way different than the last two weeks, though. They just expected **** to come together against Miami and Denver. They seemed surprised that some things were working against New England and panicked when it stopped.