Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Next young breakout college coach.

Garrick McGee

Potentially he is the next young star head coach in college football. The offensive coordinator for the dominating Arkansas Razorback offense. A team littered with NFL talent on offense, from running backs to receivers, tight ends to quarterbacks.

Rarely do we get access to behind the scenes coaching, but I just caught an ESPN Depth Chart special about Arkansas. I was wildly impressed with Garrick McGee and how he handled his players, much less the proof is in the offense itself.

Losing a lot of last years offensive talent, Ryan Mallett, DJ Williams, Demarcus Love, Kniles Davis, but this year they are arguably even better than last year.

Here is his resume.
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/Vi...DB_OEM_ID=6100

I am sure going to keep an ear out for his name, because he should be running the show of a college team real soon.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love those all access insider show like that. He really seemed like a great coach from what I could see. I'm sure once there is a good college opening he will be on short list to get the call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, hard not to be a fan of what he does and what his offense creates on the field and in terms of pro prospects.

Jarius Wright SR WR
Joe Adams SR WR
Greg Childs SR WR
Broderick Green SR RB
Tyler Wilson JR QB
Knile Davis JR RB
Chris Gragg JR TE
Dennis Johnson JR RB
Jason Peacock JR OT
Ronnie Wingo Jr JR RB
Cobi Hamilton JR WR
Alvin Bailey SOPH OG
Brandon Mitchell SOPH QB
Marquel Wade FR CB/WR

So far this year, from seniors to freshman, here are a few prospects I already think have potential at the next level, some may not make it but all are potential prospects in my book offensively.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
ZRO
Rookie

ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.ZRO could make a wolverine purr.

How much of it is McGee and how much of it is Bobby Petrino though? McGee looks like a good coach but come on, does anyone really think that offense isn't all Petrino?
ZRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Kirby Smart. I think he could be looking at a HC position soon.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRO View Post
How much of it is McGee and how much of it is Bobby Petrino though? McGee looks like a good coach but come on, does anyone really think that offense isn't all Petrino?
it is petrino. mcgee is just one of his pawns. petrino is and always has been the offensive mind behind all of his teams' successes.

not to say a great offensive coach can't emerge from others. look at dan mullen who coached under urban meyer. some small school could take a chance on mcgee in hopes that he is more than just one of petrino's puppets.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I like Kirby Smart. I think he could be looking at a HC position soon.
Kirby Smart is the man! He's definitely going to get a shot at being a HC sooner than later. I'm also surprised Bud Foster hasn't been offered a job. His defenses are always very stout.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kirby Smart was basically a lock for UGA until Richt saved his job this year.

Smart and Foster will be head coaches real soon. Havent they kinda named Foster the HC in waiting at VA Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I think Kirby Smart was basically a lock for UGA until Richt saved his job this year.

Smart and Foster will be head coaches real soon. Havent they kinda named Foster the HC in waiting at VA Tech?
Unofficially since the NCAA put recruiting restrictions on the HCIW position.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like he's going to get his shot as he was tabbed to be UAB's next head coach

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look for Jim Mora jr. to be in the running for a Pac-12 coaching job somewhere in that southern division. Personally would have like to see him get the Husky job, i think he's going to do very well.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...football-coach

Great to see McGee get his shot. Surprised a bigger position did not come his way but the season is still going on. Oddly enough if I were him I would wait it out potentially for a position in a bigger conference. Nonetheless, good hire and I am sure he will do well.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Look for Jim Mora jr. to be in the running for a Pac-12 coaching job somewhere in that southern division. Personally would have like to see him get the Husky job, i think he's going to do very well.
I would much rather have Sark. Proven recruiter, great offensive mind. You guys are on the way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tosh Lupoi - shuuuuu, don't spread the word. My biggest fear is that some big-time program will make him an offer he simply cannot refuse, but he's got a bright future ahead and I am holding out hope that it will not be at another school.

An article about him. A bit long, but if you can get to the end, it's really good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6272961

Last edited by mellojello : 12-15-2011 at 01:45 PM.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote