Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-07-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah weve all seen it, but yikes. and some more. Certainly looks ready to start on day 1......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 05-07-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has his moments in the gametape. Definitely needs to work on his technique against speed rushers. That's for sure.

I'm still content with the pick.
I'll be the first to admit, I thought we'd target a RT since Vollmer looked so good on the left side.
Whatever though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See, maybe I'm optimistic...but I see a lot more good than bad there. The bad is pretty bad though, I will say that. He's a project pick for sure and it's more about upside than anything else, but if anyone is going to reach his potential, it'll be Solder with this team. Honest to god perfect fit for him.

For anyone that hasn't see it, here's the Patriots All Access Draft wrap up, including a Solder interview. It's real good stuff.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...48406&pcid=160

Exceptional quality kid who seems to be a great cultural fit(albeit maybe a bit passive for an offensive linemen, but that's over analyzing for right now IMO) who is ready to work and win. Love how natural it was saying that he looks forward to soaking up all the information from the veterans as he can.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw the added game vs OU. He looked like an absolute stud in that game tape.
Owned his man in all one pass play (still half-assed blocked his man) but the QB got the ball out early so it didn't matter
Looked like a bulldog on each running play shown.
If that's the guy that's going to show up on Sundays. I love the pick.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just pointing out that if your going into the NFL still playing as tall as he is, he should not be starting day one unless BB is 100% sure he can get his technique right with limited preseason time. That or BB really really wants Mallet to be our starter right away haha

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sebastian Vollmer had similar issues that went unpunished for the most part due to the level of competition. You're completely right to regard it as a concern and something to keep an eye on for sure...but I'm pretty convinced we've got this offensive linemen thing figured out. If it's going to work anywhere, it's going to be here. I would expect some struggled early in the season(Cameron Wake in week one...yikes), but much stronger play as the year progresses. Should be real fun to watch. I'm just happy we don't have to see Matt Light get abused on a weekly basis again and then have the media paint him as a great, Pro-Bowl caliber player. That's one thing I'm outright sick of yelling about haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think we will certainly have it corrected, I guess my only concern is for starting him right away but we'll just have to wait and see. I think he will pan out, but I just have to be concerned with some stuff I see when putting him in front of #12 right off the bat.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-08-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Again, numbers disagree with that. The tier goes up for as few as 10 targets. 18 is pretty significant.
That's according to their standards. That's why I said that even using numbers those kind of evaluations are very subjective.

Regarding the rest we basically argued the same thing. Welker was great, last year dropped (imo to good). He could, as he did before, be the main target, but we need more options to make him great again. Even when Moss was here Welker was the main target, but having more options prevented teams from singling him out.
Nandoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Markell Carter

Call me intrigued. When I saw his raw stats, I wasn't impressed.
Mainly because it was sub-level college competition so I was expecting crazy numbers
After seeing this highlight film, he is a QB hurry monster.
Definitely a project and I don't really see him ever starting but part of the rotation?
I think it's possible now

Old 05-10-2011, 04:57 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Vereen = Kevin Faulk like (comparison of skills, not quality of skills)
FYI, but this guy thinks you're referencing the wrong Faulk and he is not one to embellish.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/5/9/2...-links-5-09-11
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

absolutely intriguing. he should have had like 2-3 more sacks just watching that video. it woulda happened if his defense didnt suck or the QB just completely intentional grounding it lol lol. but like you said, i will never really expect him to be a stud, just a rotaional player at the most. the new crable?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Hopefully not! I want to see him on the field!

Old 11-23-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Pats fans,

It looks like many of you already know a bit about Vereen, but I just wanted to let you know I think you got a heck of a player. Most analysis on him isn't terrible, but the perspective that reviews on him lack is that Cal's o-line play degraded the past two years and there was virtually no passing threat. There was no play action really and he was virtually the whole offense last year. He is generally a very smart player. He was burried behind Jahvid Best and I've always known how good this kid is. He patiently handled all of Jahvid's attention like a pro. Not a very high probability of him being a "bust." I envision a lot more screen plays in NE with him in the game. A couple of other things you may not know...he had close to a 4.0 gpa coming to Cal and graduated in 3.5 years. I think you drafted the best Cal player in this year's draft, despite all of the attention given to Cam Jordan. Will represent the organizaion well on and off the field.

Good luck!
Real treat for me to see Vereen finally get some carries and watching him in a real game confirmed my suspicions that he could be an excellent match in your system. He brings to the offense playmaking ability. That was just a sample though. I can't wait for the Pats to take advantag of him on screens. He's an excellent receiver. I really think that Vereen can be what Shady McCoy is to the Eagles.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote