Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-21-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 12: Thanksgiving- Packers @ Lions

Time to get it started.
Only 2 1/2 days of hype left before kickoff.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=3794

I can see both sides possible, but of course I hope Coach Madden's viewpoint is right!
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a shootout on the horizon. Unless the defense that showed up on MNF makes an appearance. Even so the Lions are a much better offense than the Vikings and even with an improved defensive performance I think they will score points. I expect Rodgers to be extremely focused after seeing his reaction to the "subpar" outing he had against the Buccaneers.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmy, it's just you and I here who are excited about this game?

I got people at work, here in Dallas, who have been talking to me all week about this game...... this place is a cheeseghosttown
Old 11-24-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's a shootout, the Pack win

I think the D will force some key turnovers and do just enough for the Pack to hold on

38-27 is what I got
Old 11-24-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at the very least James Starks WILL BE active today. We'll need to get him going in order to advoid a shootout-type game. Hopefully our offense plays better than it did on Sunday. And our defense... Well turnovers will be key, guaranteed, whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game.

Green Bay Packers
31 CB Davon House
57 LB Jamari Lattimore
58 LB Frank Zombo
73 G/T Ray Dominguez
76 T Chad Clifton
84 TE D.J. Williams
97 LB Vic So’oto

Detroit Lions
5 QB Drew Stanton
6 P Ryan Donahue
27 CB Alphonso Smith
31 CB Don Carey
44 RB Jahvid Best
75 G Leonard Davis
94 DE Lawrence Jackson
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this short yardage playcalling byt he Pack is freakin awful

The Offense needs to wake up
Old 11-24-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

pitiful half by the O. Penalties galore, stupid short yardage playcalls and they look lost

Very fortunate the D is pitching a shutout
Old 11-24-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense is playing great! Offense is lacking but we should come out and improve in the second half. Go Pack Go!!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listening to the game on our way to thanksgiving dinner. Sounds like Lions are playing aggressive bump and run and the WRs aren't getting separation.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

OL is being mauled and has had like...4 holding penalties which kills drives. Pack have been awful in 2nd/3rd and short all game, and Rodgers just doesn't look comfortable out there and isn't on the same page as the receivers

refs have been pretty freakin terrible for both teams, which isn't helping.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Love that they always defer and take the kickof in the 2nd half. 3rd quarter continues to be the money quarter for the Packers

Thats how you make adjustments
Old 11-24-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good things

Aaron Rodgers
James Jones
DJ Smith

Bad things

Penalties
LB Coverage (not Francois though)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Also, I really liked what I saw from DJ Smith
Old 11-24-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
this short yardage playcalling byt he Pack is freakin awful

The Offense needs to wake up
I still don't get it. Seems like McCarthy is allergic to running the ball. Starks 1st run of the game went for 8 yards then on the 3rd and short's in the 1st quarter he goes shotgun with a pass play. At some point we'll need to run the ball.

I thought our offensive line played well. Sure they got to us later in the game but after abandoning the run they played coverage and put their DE's in pass rush mode. Thats something else that kills us with no run game.

More poor tackling. For all the hype that Winston Moss gets, he needs to get his guys to start form tackling. So sick of seeing guys bounce right off our defenders.

Tramon Williams is back! Seems like he's over his shoulder injury and he's playing great. We lost alot of key players today with injuries and still put this game away with ease, that really says something to me.

I'd really really really like to see Clay reach 10 sacks on the season too. He needs 5 sacks in 5 games which isn't going to be easy...
Old 11-24-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Morgan Burnett shed the club today. That cast is getting smaller by the week

Bishop and Hawk both have calf strains. Hawk was looking fine in the locker room but Bishop was still on crutches(ugh). Sitton has a knee sprain, no clue how serious that is, and Starks tweaked his ankle again
Old 11-24-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Morgan Burnett shed the club today. That cast is getting smaller by the week

Bishop and Hawk both have calf strains. Hawk was looking fine in the locker room but Bishop was still on crutches(ugh). Sitton has a knee sprain, no clue how serious that is, and Starks tweaked his ankle again
Luckily we have 10 days til the Raiders. Only one that really concerns me is Bishop, he said he felt it pop which could be a bad sign. I think everyone else will be fine.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Did you read about the pop quote from rotoworld? I'm not sure that blurb is correct. The tweet they linked to made it seem like it was AJ Hawk who said HE felt a pop in his calf

here was the tweet

Quote:
In locker room after, Bishop remained on crutches, Hawk was not. Said 50 on calf, “I just took off to run and it kind of popped on me.”
seems pretty clear there that Hawk was talking about himself. He's #50(obviously). In any case, if Bishop does have to miss some time, the Pack will make due. DJ Smith looked pretty good. I hope Sitton is fine. He came into the game with a bad knee so I think he may have just tweaked it a bit...same with Starks and the ankle.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-24-2011 at 06:36 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Suh is such a liar, and a dirty punk.

Hawk is the one who said he heard it pop.
I don't know that Bishop said that... I worry about his injury though, and what about Sitton?

What the hell do they pay Pam Oliver for on the sidelines? It looks like just to eat.

She barely mentioned these things, and they never show any replays of the plays they went out.....
Old 11-25-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This forum has really sucked since we started winning. I guess that's just part of being the best. I can't stand anyone on this board other than the ones in the Packers forum. Glad to see the win today though. We still don't look as good as last years team but we have a better record and always pull out the win. Lets keep it up.

And **** Suh.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:17 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

They have dramatically improved at closing out games this year. All 6 of their losses last year were by 7 or less. This year, when it gets close...they keep pulling it out. Better at finishing games
Old 11-25-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Based on what I read in the Week 12 thread the refs forced three turnovers and scored 20 points in the second half. The refs should play like that more often, they could go undefeated.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
This forum has really sucked since we started winning. I guess that's just part of being the best. I can't stand anyone on this board other than the ones in the Packers forum. Glad to see the win today though. We still don't look as good as last years team but we have a better record and always pull out the win. Lets keep it up.

And **** Suh.
This happens to every team that wins a championship on these boards... There is always bitching by everyone else. One of the things that makes it worse is that we have one of the biggest populations on the boards.

Oh well.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I like it. I want my favorite team to be hated...because that means they are likely winning, and winning a lot
Old 11-25-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Luckily we have 10 days til the Raiders. Only one that really concerns me is Bishop, he said he felt it pop which could be a bad sign. I think everyone else will be fine.
You mean the Giants? Anyways I thought the backups for both did pretty well in their first real test. Seeing Mike Neal out there again is nice. I thought Saine did a good job as well in his few plays he got.

I was cheering when Suh got ejected. Exactly what he deserved, it was a dirty play. What annoys me is how he comes out after the game saying he didnt do anything. He was just trying to get his balance. Ok I guess you also need to smash someones head in the ground then stomp the arm for balance.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote