Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 12: 49ers at Ravens

Week 12:
Thursday, November 24, 2011

San Francisco 49ers (9-1)
at
Baltimore Ravens (7-3)

Time: 5:20 pm pst

I'll be honest, when I saw the Ravens on the schedule I was worried. When I realized it was on Thanksgiving, I was bummed. I feared the national TV embarrassment. Not any more. I think this 9ers team is just as good, if not better, than the Ravens. We're gonna find out and the nation will be watching.

I just find the Ravens so likable. I don't know if it's because the Niners have been trying to be the Ravens West for about 8 years now. Or it's just that they have these guys:

and we have these guys:

And we have this guy:

whom we hope can turn into this:

And they have this:

But we have this:

Uhhhhh, nevermind. I'm not going there.

And I just want to say that this guy:

Deserves better. For years, when he sucked, everyone said "you suck." This season, he hasn't sucked, and yet, people still say "you suck." Pretty unfair to a guy that has had a rough career and is perceived as a pretty good dude.

He's going to need to be accurate as hell in the intermediate routes cause the Ravens are going to bring a ton of heat. Hopefully we can get some good protection on a couple of deep balls to this guy:

He's my pick for breakout 9er this game. He hasn't been a big enough factor yet and he's going to have the national spotlight to perform.

Lastly, call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of this in the slot:

I like his intermediate game very much.

Standings: A matchup of 2 first-place teams!

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (9-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (4-6)
3. Arizona Cardinals (3-7)
4. St. Louis Rams (2-8)

AFC North
1. Baltimore Ravens (7-3)
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3)
3. Cincinnati Bengals (6-4)
4. Cleveland Browns (4-6)

Special Note: If you thought the Niners would win 9 of their first 10 games, raise you hand. Nobody, huh? So, for Thanksgiving, lets give thanks for the amazing first 11 weeks of the season, and just remember

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.

Last edited by Borat : 11-24-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:00 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awsome as always Borat. NFL screwed us by making us fly to the east coast for a Thursday night game but hopefully Jimbaugh has the boys rested and ready. I'll be watching the Suggs vs Staley match-up very closely. Should be a great game.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can the game be watched online?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't wait e for this game later tonight. Dan try looking here

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/sport/a...-football.html
Old 11-24-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was listening to KNBR the other day and Murph was talking to Greg Cossell about how this game most likely had already been studied for way in advance in the coaches' spare time. The staff knew they would have a short week ahead and were probably getting ready weeks in advance.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Years of conditioning has left me expecting this to end in disappointment.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-24-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The odds are against the 49ers. Four days to travel from San Francisco to Baltimore? That's bogus. I'd be surprised if this game isn't at least close. We're only an overtime loss from being undefeated. Every other game we've blown out the opponent or it's been a close victory.

I expect Cam Cameron to force Flacco to air it out if the run game doesn't show promise early. Torrey Smith and Lee Evans kind of worry me. I don't know if we have anyone with enough speed to protect against the constant deep ball. Although Goldson in the last few games as safety has at least appeared to be in the right place at the right time. At least it gives more chances for Brooks and Smith to sack the hell out of Flacco.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-24-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Years of conditioning has left me expecting this to end in disappointment.
(Our) Harbaugh's message through the media this week was almost a built-in excuse about the unfair scheduling for the Niners, with them having to travel to the east coast and play on a short week. I think they have a very good chance to win this game, but it's going to take some special teams magic and as close to turnover-free efficiency by the offense. Their secondary can be had by the pass and with no Ray Lewis, they won't be as strong up the middle.

I expect a great game and look forward to seeing the Harbaugh boys compete, ending with a meaningful handshake at the end.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-24-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ed Reed scares me. I'm really curious to see how that passing game is going to flourish tonight, if it does at all. Hopefully the run game can get going a little bit so it takes some pressure off. I visited a few Ravens message boards a couple of days ago. Some of their fans believe that if they simply stop Frank Gore they win the game. Harbaugh may come out passing like he did against the Giants to try and negate that notion. Also, I expect Jim Harbaugh to defer if he wins the coin toss again like he has been doing all season. John is probably going to do the same thing.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-24-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Also it would be great if on national television Alex Smith had a career game and throws 30/35 for 450 yards and 5 touchdowns in a 35-0 rout of the Ravens. Dreaming, but I'm just saying it would be great.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who has looked better this season, Braylon or Crabtree? I guess I can get the answer to that myself tonight because I plan on tuning in, but their games are pretty similiar to me so I was curious who looked better doing it.

Obviously the offense caps the production and chances to see but Crabs seemed to produce quite nicely last week and Braylon has been looking alot more explosive to me lately even though he hasn't had a ton of chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Who has looked better this season, Braylon or Crabtree? I guess I can get the answer to that myself tonight because I plan on tuning in, but their games are pretty similiar to me so I was curious who looked better doing it.

Obviously the offense caps the production and chances to see but Crabs seemed to produce quite nicely last week and Braylon has been looking alot more explosive to me lately even though he hasn't had a ton of chances.
Braylon is has been FAR from 100%. He looked great in preseason but hasn't contributed anything but drops, really. Crabs was slow (coming off injury) but he's been looking really good the last several weeks.

It may never happen, BUT if Crabs and Braylon BOTH get healthy AND chemistry with Smith... could be scary.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rachal. ****.

At least Alex proved he can go deep!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rachal is a bad, bad player. Do we have any suited up who can play guard?
Old 11-24-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Rachal. ****.

At least Alex proved he can go deep!
Yea but that should of at least been a first down though. Dam Gore block was clean and it was. Stupid refs
Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im disappointed in Roman so far with the third down play-calling. You know the blitz is coming, we need plays to off-set their aggressiveness. And can we get away from the shot-gun EVERY 3rd down? Its 3rd and 2, lets see us run for a few of those. That is our strength last time I checked.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice stand after a BS PI call
Old 11-24-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Hard to nit-pick Alex escaping a sack but when the showed the reply close-up, his eyes were fixed to one side of the field. Like to see him look deeper in that instance. Romo does it and gets huge gains for the Cowgirls all the time. Thats my biggest gripe with Alex, doesn't see the entire field like good QBs do. Then he short-hops a easy throw to Gore as I type this....
Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

****!!!! C'mon Braylon, you CAN'T let the DB make a play on the ball in that instance.....unbelievable. You have to FIGHT for the ball....you're freakin 6'3, 220 lbs, go get it at its highest point.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ngata pulled off his flag, hes down.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Romo does it and gets huge gains for the Cowgirls all the time.
He also throws a ton of picks that way. Smith isn't a gunslinger. He just isn't.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
****!!!! C'mon Braylon, you CAN'T let the DB make a play on the ball in that instance.....unbelievable. You have to FIGHT for the ball....you're freakin 6'3, 220 lbs, go get it at its highest point.
Yeah, at the very LEAST he needs to to tackle Webb and take an intentional PI.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He also throws a ton of picks that way. Smith isn't a gunslinger. He just isn't.
That has nothing to do with what I typed. In those instances, where he escapes and the defense is scrambling trying to recover, he picks up HUGE chucks of yards for them. Looking down field has nothing to do with being a gunslinger, its about taking advantage of the coverage in those instances. Alex needs to do more of that. His vision is limited. He drops his eyes when he is flushed out the pocket. In most instances, he should be looking deep on those occassions. You shouldnt be worried about bad decision making in those instances.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-24-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

**** Alex, you see the blitz, get rid of the ball PLEASE. Its not like they're running alot of combo coverages behind it. Its called a hot read....your looking like old Alex tonight.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
**** Alex, you see the blitz, get rid of the ball PLEASE. Its not like they're running alot of combo coverages behind it. Its called a hot read....your looking like old Alex tonight.
The few times they have shown the field after a sack there hasn't been anyone open. I'm assuming that has been true on almost all of the sacks.
Closed Thread