Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm far from plugged into the situation, but I think Haley survives.
I have a hard time seeing Haley survive unless a miracle happens
Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm far from plugged into the situation, but I think Haley survives.
Ehhh, honestly I think it's 50/50 right now. I'm not sure we'll win another game this year, and going 4-3 to 4-12 should get any HC fired, but I like Haley so I hope it doesn't happen.

He needs to either call the plays himself or hire someone he can get along with to do it. This rotating OC situation is just ridiculous and needs to stop.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Del Rio fired according to ESPN.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Pete Prisco: Del Rio lost his drive, according to sources. Started coming in to office at 9 a.m or so. Team hated it. Coaches hated it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Job Posting: HC for the NYG. Must be a defensive HC, and be able to be VERY aggressive. Must have prior HCing experience. Must hire a great offensive minded HC, who won't create a system where the WRs need a PHd to run the routes and choice and option routes.

Please send all resumes to John Mara. Thanks!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaches who get canned...

- Norv Tuner SD
- Jim Caldwell IND
- Jack Del Rio JAX (already fired)
- Raheem MOrris TB
- Andy Reid PHI

Guys who I think survive another year:
- Todd Haley KC
- Tony Sparano MIA (they have been playing very well and I think they're a better team with a better QB.)

Replacements:
- Jeff Fisher to Philadelpia
- Perry Fewell to Tampa Bay
- Mike Zimmer to Jaxsonville
- Rob Ryan to San Diego
- Andy Reid to Indianapolis
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
- Tony Sparano MIA (they have been playing very well and I think they're a better team with a better QB.)

Replacements:
How can Sparano last another year? They tried with all their might to dump him last year for Harbaugh. When that fell through, they begrudgingly kept him. And that was after a 7-9 season. Best case scenario, they go 6-10, which last time I checked, that is worse than 7-9. So they try to fire you, fail, you have an even worse season, and get to keep your job? That does not compute.

I think Zimmer is a terrible hire. Jacksonville needs to hire an offensive minded coach. After 15 years of being a run first, run second, pass only if you have to team, fans are ready for an offensive revival. I'm pulling for Joe Philbin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coaches who get canned...

- Norv Tuner SD
- Jim Caldwell IND
- Jack Del Rio JAX (already fired)
- Raheem MOrris TB
- Andy Reid PHI

- Todd Haley KC

Replacements:
- Jeff Fisher to Philadelpia
- Perry Fewell to Tampa Bay
- Rob Ryan to San Diego
- Andy Reid to Indianapolis

I doubt Fewell would get a Hcing job after this season. He is a god awful DC! Tim Lewis got hired and hasn't sniffed a DC job after being with us. I don't think Fewell gets a HCing gig. You think a team will hire him after his defense got bent over with a 577 yard performance!

I feel sorry for a team who hires him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
How can Sparano last another year? They tried with all their might to dump him last year for Harbaugh. When that fell through, they begrudgingly kept him. And that was after a 7-9 season. Best case scenario, they go 6-10, which last time I checked, that is worse than 7-9. So they try to fire you, fail, you have an even worse season, and get to keep your job? That does not compute. I think Zimmer is a terrible hire. Jacksonville needs to hire an offensive minded coach. After 15 years of being a run first, run second, pass only if you have to team, fans are ready for an offensive revival. I'm pulling for Joe Philbin.
They gave Sparono an extension last year. Plus, this team has done a nice turnaround to the point, if they continue this play the rest of the year, it'd be hard to fire him.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They gave Sparono an extension last year. Plus, this team has done a nice turnaround to the point, if they continue this play the rest of the year, it'd be hard to fire him.
They went 7-9 last year. They would have to go 4-1 to match that this year. That is not a nice turnaround.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They went 7-9 last year. They would have to go 4-1 to match that this year. That is not a nice turnaround.
Yeah, well then they're on the hook for the 3 year extension they gave him after they failed to get Harbaugh. Not gonna be able to pay 2 coaches like that, if they're improving. I think they may give him another year, and grab a QB.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, well then they're on the hook for the 3 year extension they gave him after they failed to get Harbaugh. Not gonna be able to pay 2 coaches like that, if they're improving. I think they may give him another year, and grab a QB.
Actually, it's only a two year extension through 2013 for about $3 million a year. That isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

What are all your takes on SD Special Teams Coordinator Rich Bassacia as a head coaching candidate? I've seen guys like Gruden and Mayock praise him and wonder how he hasn't been interviewed for Head Coaching jobs.

Some have speculated why Morris was given the job over him in 2009, resulting in him leaving. I always thought he'd be a head coach someday. He just has the knack for it. Brings discipline, motivator, smart, and relates to the players.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts have fired defensive coordinator Larry Coyer

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Yeah like thats going to help....

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They need to fire Caldwell and bring in a competent coaching staff. Caldwell got the job pretty unfair, not sure why the Colts would let Dungy dictate who the coach in waiting would be just like Mora Jr. was picked by Holmgren when he left seattle.

Why would any organization do this?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before Dungy left, Caldwell was getting HC interviews around the league. At that point, they gave Caldwell a new contract basically assuring him he'd be the next head coach. Dungy may have chosen him, but the Colts made sure he didn't have a chance to look elsewhere.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Before Dungy left, Caldwell was getting HC interviews around the league. At that point, they gave Caldwell a new contract basically assuring him he'd be the next head coach. Dungy may have chosen him, but the Colts made sure he didn't have a chance to look elsewhere.
Was he getting interviews because he was a serious candidate or because teams are required to interview a minority? Because it is very rare that a coach without any coordinating experience gets an NFL job.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-29-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They need to fire Caldwell and bring in a competent coaching staff. Caldwell got the job pretty unfair, not sure why the Colts would let Dungy dictate who the coach in waiting would be just like Mora Jr. was picked by Holmgren when he left seattle.

From the Colts perspective they were a successful franchise with a HOF QB running a system catered to him. The guy taking over for Dungy had to be willing to maintain the status quo. Most guys looking for a HC job from outside would have wanted to bring in their own philosophy and do it their way. I can completely understand why the Colts would promote from within.

The Seahawks are a whole different story. Coming off of a 4-12 season, you would think you'd be looking for someone to change things up.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is Andy Reid going to be fired?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was he getting interviews because he was a serious candidate or because teams are required to interview a minority? Because it is very rare that a coach without any coordinating experience gets an NFL job.
My guess is it's a mix of the two, but after talking with him I doubt any team was seriously interested.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Rams HC Steve Spagnuolo's job security: "I do believe it's going to be tough for Spags to keep his job."

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
From the Colts perspective they were a successful franchise with a HOF QB running a system catered to him. The guy taking over for Dungy had to be willing to maintain the status quo. Most guys looking for a HC job from outside would have wanted to bring in their own philosophy and do it their way. I can completely understand why the Colts would promote from within.

The Seahawks are a whole different story. Coming off of a 4-12 season, you would think you'd be looking for someone to change things up.
Mike Holmgren didn't pick Jim Mora. Tim Ruskell the GM did. Holmgren suggested throughout his last year that he didn't like the whole coach in waiting idea.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Rooney rule interview.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Yeah like thats going to help....
Quote:
definitely a scapegoat move to appease the fans.

in related news, curtis painter is officially benched as well.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote