Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-27-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morrison has awful mic skills. And while I love his fancy moves, he really had no ring pyschology. If you're going to be a true main event guy, you need to learn to tell a story with a match. I never saw Morrison as someone who had that ability.

Morrison is a poor man's AJ Styles or Rob Van Dam. He's a wonderful mid-card guy, but if I ran a company I'd never give him a world title run.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's what he transitioned to as a face, but I thought he had considerably better mic skills as a heel and better psychology when he wasn't trying to do fan friendly parkour stuff.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His last shirt was simply amazing, though

so random, and the phrase "we're gonna eat your lunch" was so ridiculous that it was genius.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RAW is gonna open up with Piper's Pit featuring John Cena
Old 11-28-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
RAW is gonna open up with Piper's Pit featuring John Cena
Oh joy.

Also, they should've kept JoMo heel.. he needed less smiling and more Palace of Wisdom.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol speaking of amazing shirts, WWE came out with a HOT NEW Sin Cara shirt the other day

unfortunately, they got clued in and ended up pulling the shirt and are giving out refunds to people who ordered it

seriously, how the hell did that get approved?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
lol speaking of amazing shirts, WWE came out with a HOT NEW Sin Cara shirt the other day

unfortunately, they got clued in and ended up pulling the shirt and are giving out refunds to people who ordered it

seriously, how the hell did that get approved?
Wow. Nothing like walking around with a giant dick on your shirt

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Wow. Nothing like walking around with a giant dick on your shirt
Beats a dick tatooed on your neck like Brock has.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get it.....

Old 11-29-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think they're working towards a Miz/Punk feud after last night? I thought they might stick with Cena/Miz but they had no interaction with each other what so ever last night, Punk beat Del Rio in his rematch, basically taking him out of the title picture and Miz didn't speak a word about Cena after his attack on JoMo.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured they were going to build up to a fatal four way match.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got WWE 12 and outside of the story mode being weak (way to much backstage crap and gimmick matches) it's easily the best wrestling game in sometime.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sort of glad they got Randy Orton back on the winning track on the Smackdown special. He was practically getting close to being one of those guys who gets introduced while his opponent's music is still playing (like Tyson Kidd last night). Of course, Orton had to win soon to put over his feud with Wade Barrett.

On RAW this week, they finally had a diva do a cool finisher instead of the typical lame ending (usually a roll up). But the mistletoe match on Smackdown took a big step back for the ladies. They must of been pressed for time.

It seemed like Michael Cole sounded worried for Daniel Bryan during the cage match. Then he finally started rooting for Mark Henry. It's often awkward hearing Cole bounce back and forth between objective broadcaster and heel.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I think it fits Cole perfectly. Cole is at his worst when he's just being a reactionary heel announcer like Jerry Lawler used to be. He's at his best when he's nuanced, trying to find a balance between telling a story and being biased. I wish he made fun of Booker T less, because usually his reasons for disliking someone make sense, and therefore can fit into a broader narrative.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think it fits Cole perfectly. Cole is at his worst when he's just being a reactionary heel announcer like Jerry Lawler used to be. He's at his best when he's nuanced, trying to find a balance between telling a story and being biased. I wish he made fun of Booker T less, because usually his reasons for disliking someone make sense, and therefore can fit into a broader narrative.
You can't compare Lawler as a heel vs Cole as a heel though, because Cole is the head announcer and Lawler was just the color guy to JR. That's why he fails as a reactionary heel.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-30-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You can't compare Lawler as a heel vs Cole as a heel though, because Cole is the head announcer and Lawler was just the color guy to JR. That's why he fails as a reactionary heel.
I've heard this argument before and I simply disagree. J.R. never was criticized for being blatantly pro-face, and I think the dynamic of face play-by-play guy with heel commentator is stale. I think Cole receives way too much criticism for his role.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've heard this argument before and I simply disagree. J.R. never was criticized for being blatantly pro-face, and I think the dynamic of face play-by-play guy with heel commentator is stale. I think Cole receives way too much criticism for his role.
Because the main guy is supposed to cheer for the faces, it's why they're the faces. Plus, Cole constantly takes away from the action to talk about himself or other announcers and play up his schtick, while JR NEVER did that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-30-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

That's because J.R. doesn't really have a schtick (unless you think hats and BBQ sauce count). I understand the argument, and maybe the role of the lead announcer is only to enhance the talent through calling a match, but I generally like what Cole's character has become.

I could do without the constant banter, as I've mentioned, and the million Twitter references are absurd, but I think the latter, at least, comes from above him.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Head PBP guys shouldn't have a schtick, and that's the point. Cole didn't on Smackdown a few years ago, JR didn't, Josh Matthews doesn't, Gorilla Monsoon didn't, Vince pre-heel turn didn't, Tony Schiavone didn't, Gordon Solie didn't...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-30-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Cole would go away.. but I guess they need him to distract us from the stale ass product, for the most part.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I actually like the direction most of the stuff is going right now...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-30-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

COME BACK BATISTA!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Head PBP guys shouldn't have a schtick, and that's the point. Cole didn't on Smackdown a few years ago, JR didn't, Josh Matthews doesn't, Gorilla Monsoon didn't, Vince pre-heel turn didn't, Tony Schiavone didn't, Gordon Solie didn't...
Cole a few years ago on Smackdown was terrible. I understand your point, I just disagree with it. I think that approach is stale. Pro Wrestling isn't a sport, so I always found the notion that your PBP guy should call it like a sporting event was silly. Let them have personalities. Granted, Cole's can be annoying, but at least there's something recognizable to him.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head PBP guys shouldn't have a schtick.

Or if he does have one, he can't always be doing it. I guess that's why Cole has to bounce in and out of it.

Pro Wrestling isn't a sport, so I always found the notion that your PBP guy should call it like a sporting event was silly.

I disagree. The whole idea is to pretend it's a real sport. That should be held onto -- no matter how ridiculous and bizarre things get. That makes the idea of putting over wrestling as a sport even funnier. That's part of the fun.

Last edited by MidwestJimmy : 12-01-2011 at 04:35 PM.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I disagree. The whole idea is to pretend it's a real sport. That should be held onto -- no matter how ridiculous and bizarre things get. That makes idea of putting over wrestling as a sport even funnier. That's part of the fun.
I'm not saying I'm in favor of Russo kayfabe-type stuff. But I think it's ok to treat something that involves an undead person fighting a clown as quite different than Major League Baseball.