Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 13: Packers @ New York Giants

Zombo might be ready.
Hawk & Bishop both highly questionable.
DJ Smith and Ro-Bear Fran-Swah to fill in if they can't go.
Sitton out for awhile still.... EDS to fill in.

For the G-men:
They got slaughtered Monday night by Brees.
We slaughtered them in week 16 last year to help keep them out of the playoffs, and get ourselves in. It was Rodgers best game ever in terms of passer rating. And it wasn't in a dome or 80-degrees weather.

The Giants are expecting Ahmad Bradshaw back. He's a bit like Sproles, who game us fits in the opener.

They will be missing their #2 sackmaster Osi Umenyiora, which will help. Us.

Big Brandon Jacobs is a bit like LeGarrette Blount, who also did okay against us a few weeks ago.

Hakeem Nicks is a beast at WR. Hope he's not sharp as he's been battling a hammy.
Victor let me take you on a sea Cruz has been fantastic as a new guy, and even Ramses Barden has been seen again. A guy who was so hyped on boards like this one leading up to his draft 2 years ago. He's been AWOL ever since.

Vegas has the Packers about a 7-8 point favorite, on the road there.
That will be the closest point spread we see for us the rest of the regular season barring catastrophic injury. This is our stiffest test per the point-spreads from the Gods in Vegas.

Is this the week we lose? Or does it roll on?
If we have to lose a game, I'd prefer it's the AFC game against the Raiders... or the Cheifs as it's on the road. But that would be embarrassing to lose to Ty Palko.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradshaw is nothing like Sproles!

I think it will be a comfortable win for us.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Giants come out playing the soft zone coverage like we've seen recently, Rodgers will eat them up. If they play more aggressive like they did vs the Patriots it could be tougher going. I still think the Pack wins comfortably. Like the Bucs they can only play press/man for so long before either getting beat or called for PI.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
If the Giants come out playing the soft zone coverage like we've seen recently, Rodgers will eat them up. If they play more aggressive like they did vs the Patriots it could be tougher going. I still think the Pack wins comfortably. Like the Bucs they can only play press/man for so long before either getting beat or called for PI.
They will come out aggressive, playing for their lives.
I want to kick their arses, in the big apple.... maybe we can get some more coaches fired like last year.
If we embarrass them like the Saints did, in front of their booing fans, Coughlin will feel some pressure!

I worry 27-24 Giants.
I hope 38-0 Packers.
Defense wants a shutout.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

PREDICTIONS!

J-Mike: Packers 27, Giants 23
Old 12-04-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
PREDICTIONS!

J-Mike: Packers 27, Giants 23
I don't think it'll be that close...I'll say Packers 31, Giants 20

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would expect the Giants best since this is a pretty big game for them as far as playoff hopes go

No Bishop and Hawk is definitely a hole in the D. The OL better step up and keep Rodgers upright

I got

Pack 28
Giants 21
Old 12-04-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our defense blows
Old 12-04-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not the best first half. Rodgers threw his worst pass of the season on that INT deep in his own territory. Led directly to the giants last score

also ugh, don't tell me Crosby is back to shanking fg's now. 2 misses the last 3 weeks. Blew a huge chance to get some huge points at the end of the half off that Eli fumble. God, that kick wasn't even close

Pack ball to start 3rd. Need to get points. O has looked sloppy
Old 12-04-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the offense is getting into a groove

Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

D is so unreliable. Go up 11 and give up a TD in like 2 minutes. Where is the freakin safety help? Jeez, Eli just chuckin it downfield for 50 yards to guys in one on one coverage
Old 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson has played ****** today. He left Cruz wide open trying to gamble for an INT.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Packers keep getting in done in these shootouts but it's hard to keep that up. The D is just awful
Old 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Packers keep getting in done in these shootouts but it's hard to keep that up. The D is just awful
and our o-line had a bad game (looking at you Newhouse and EDS)

Old 12-04-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Newhouse has done well in Clifton's absence but today was easily his worst game. He had a tough matchup though

EDS is just ugh....hurry back Sitton. They have no depth at the interior of their line

Woodson suffered a concussion...really hope he can go next week. Bush, love him as a ST demon, but good lord he is just atrocious in coverage(does he EVER look for the ball?).

Don't know what Starks problem is...but I hope it's not serious. Quarless, obviously suffered a significant knee injury and was on crutches in the locker room and is apparently going to the hospital as well. Pretty safe to say his season is done. Too bad to, he was MUCH improved as a blocker. D.J. Williams will be active more now and he'll need to up his game. His blocking was atrocious whenever he was on the field
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Newhouse was atrocious, again, as against Allen twice.
But I'm sick of myself, J-Mike. What the hell is wrong with that boy?

He has the only primadona attitude on this team, and he keeps dropping passes.
He sucks compared to Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham.

I think Finley has cost himself a ton of money this year.

As always, more guys go down to seemingly-serious injury. The Quarless one pisses me off because that guy put his arm up as a fair catch. Whistle should have blown that play dead, before Quarless leg popped out.

Not sure about when or what Starks... did he just re-aggravate his previous injury?

And Woodson and the concussion.... that was all his fault. He had a free shot at Bradshaw.... could have lit him up, but he led with his head and hit Ahmad's head.... why can't they pad the exterior of those damn helmets.

Matthews was the only hero on defense.
Still waiting to see what all the hype was about Mike Neal.
He's not even a shadow of Cullen Jenkins.

12-0 and a signature win.
Just hate to see guys keep going down and carted off.....
Old 12-04-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

starks said he just re-tweaked his ankle sprain and would play next week. Honestly, just rest him up. He "tweaked" his ankle vs the Lions and now this week. Just let the damn thing heal up. They need him for January as Grant offers very little anymore
Old 12-05-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Yep, Starks needs to be held out, let him fully heal as we will need him in the 2 frozen tundra playoff games in mid-January.

Grant & Saine for now.
But I'd like to call back someone like Nance to absorb some punishment off Grant & Swaine.... keep both those guys fresher and hopefully healthy until the tourney.

How *** badly do you want to win the Super Bowl?
That's the only goal IMO.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys! Our offense held up to the deal, but our defense under Perry Fewell is a mess! Missed assignments and that STUPID 3 man rush! I hope we fire him so much! But that offense is a hell of a offense! I would really like to see a re-match of you guys vs the Saints.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh also, just curious.. What did you guys think of JPP and Cruz? They are two young guys for us, especially JPP.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Seemed like Matthews was the only one on D that wanted to play yesterday. That pick 6 was a thing of beauty. I was trying to explain to my 60 year old mother how impressive a play that was from a guy his size.

I know the instinctive gambling aspect of Woodson's game is what has gotten him a lot of INTs in his career, but sometimes he just needs to play the defense that is called. We had the Giants 3rd and long on their own goalline after an incredible punt from Masthay. Woodson had underneath coverage on Cruz, but cheated inside looking for another pick 6 and gave up the first down. In that situation forcing a punt and taking over at midfield is just as good if not better (running off some clock) than a pick 6. I expect headier play from a veteran like Woodson.

Finely just need to stop talking and start catching the ball. The drop he had with the safety bearing down on him was a tough catch, but one he should make if he is as good as he thinks he is. The other two were easy catches that you cannot excuse.

I like what I see from Saine. Looks like he can be a good 3rd down/situational back. Excellent hands and seems to run decisively. I thought he might actually break a big one on one of those screens.

Giants front 4 is a good one, and our offensive line struggled to keep Rodgers clean.

That 58 sec drive was just amazing. Can we now put to rest this fallacy that Rodgers is somehow less "clutch" than any other QB?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Elite QBs are normally clutch. That's what makes them different than other QBs and also those are the guys you want to give the ball to when the game is on the line.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Oh also, just curious.. What did you guys think of JPP and Cruz? They are two young guys for us, especially JPP.
JPP and the front 4 in general gave the O-line problems even without Osi. Probably made Rodgers the most uncomfortable I've seen this season.

Cruz is a tough cover and after Woodson went out the responsibility to cover him went to Jarrett Bush. I never want to see Jarrett Bush in man coverage on anyone much less Cruz. I can't recall now, but the Giants must have been doing something with formations because I can't believe that Capers thought that even Woodson on Cruz was a good matchup at this point in Charles's career.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 12-05-2011 at 09:41 AM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
JPP and the front 4 in general gave the O-line problems even without Osi. Probably made Rodgers the most uncomfortable I've seen this season.

Cruz is a tough cover and after Woodson went out the responsibility to cover him went to Jarrett Bush. I never want to see Jarrett Bush in man coverage on anyone much less Cruz. I can't recall now, but the Giants must have been doing something with formations because I can't believe that Capers thought that even Woodson on Cruz was a good matchup at this point in Charles's career.
I think our DC is still poor with those 3 man rushes. AR had all the time in the world on them. It's not like you guys were doing the same. You guys were blitzing us what seems every down.

Cruz is a pleasant surprise. We thought after the loss of Boss and Smith that we'd be screwed. But Cruz is much better than Smith, and with the pace Cruz is playing he will pass Smith and Megatron as the NFC WR with the most yards. He also barely played the 1st two games because Hixon was healthy.

But he and JPP are not on the pro bowl ballot which is pathetic on the NFL's part.

I would take Cruz with the way he is playing on any CB at this point. Our system is heavy on choice and option routes, so right now Cruz knows where to go. It would have better with Mario there, but he is hurt. Beckum was a lucky surprise. Normally he is useless! Notice after that TD he went back to being useless again! LOL.

But good thing with Osi being out is that JPP plays more. We should have attacked AR more. We have Tuck, JPP, Tolly and Kiwi still, and yet the moron Fewell rushes 3!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I think our DC is still poor with those 3 man rushes. AR had all the time in the world on them. It's not like you guys were doing the same. You guys were blitzing us what seems every down.
There are two factors here: 1) Capers system is predicated on blitzing a lot; regardless of opponent you can expect blitzing 2) Our defensive line has shown zero ability to create pressure without blitzing this season.

I don't get the 3-man rushes, but I don't think blitzing is necessarily a good strategy vs Rodgers. You guys were generating enough pressure with 4-man rushes. Rodgers has been lethal beating the blitz.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 12-05-2011 at 10:18 AM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote