Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It's the only move the NCAA has, though. The idea is that these schools will be so afraid of losing as much money as USC has lost the past few years, that they won't hire guys like Carroll. Obviously this strategy has mostly failed in regard to USC. It worked much better with with SMU -- or in basketball, with the Michigan/Webber/Fisher situation, where Michigan's basketball program spent almost 15 years being irrelevant, and Fisher spent more than a decade doing very little that was noteworthy.

And the kids have the option of transferring.
My gripe is more related to how SEC schools come away clean. What the NCAA did with Auburn and Cam is clearly a sweep under the rug.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlinger View Post
People really need to stop bring up Brees like this. He has a good arm. If a prospect came out throwing like Brees everybody would be complimenting him on his arm strength.
Are you talking about Brees the prospect or Brees the player now? Because the former had a very weak arm, and the latter developed his arm strength through hard work, especially after the injury at the end of 2005. In fact, that injury and the recovery period to make it better probably made his arm must stronger. That being said, Brees' arm is more an example of anticipation than physical strength.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
At this point, the only thing I really see separating Luck from Barkley is his size and athleticism.
too bad those are two things that it is impossible to improve upon.

Luck just so happens to have elite intangeables as well. There is a definite, conclusive gap between Luck and Barkley as prospects.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 11-28-2011 at 11:19 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/s...-paperwork-nfl

Barkley submitted paperwork to the NFL Draft advisory board - probably doing his due diligence.

He has to know he is a Top 5 prospect though.

From PFT:

USC quarterback Matt Barkley has submitted paperwork to the NFL draft advisory board to help him decide whether he’ll go pro this year, according to ESPNLosAngeles.com.

This is a normal procedure, but it’s the logical next step for the USC junior. Barkley joined NBC SportsTalk on Thursday and admitted that he’s “possibly” played his last game at USC.

Mike Mayock joined Peter King’s NFL podcast this week that Barkley was better than he expected. Mayock pointed out that Barkley does a great job making quick decisions, while avoiding sacks and interceptions despite playing behind a mediocre offensive line.

Mayock said Barkley’s physical skill set isn’t overwhelming, but he looks like a first round pick. Barkley was compared to a more “polished” Andy Dalton coming out of school.

Considering the sanctions against USC, we’d guess that Barkley will go pro if the draft advisory board agrees with Mayock as expected and says Barkley’s a first round pick.

I wouldn't call USC's o-line mediocre...surprised Mayock did.

Last edited by SolidGold : 12-01-2011 at 09:02 AM.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"...a more polished Andy Dalton.' -Mike Mayock.

Exactly what I see too. Physically these guys look like clones to me. Exact same arm.

If you surround Barkley with talent and put him behind an okay Oline, he should thrive IMO.

More heady and poised than Sanchez. I hope.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Exactly what I see too. Physically these guys look like clones to me. Exact same arm.

If you surround Barkley with talent and put him behind an okay Oline, he should thrive IMO.

I never understood how Sanchez was the 5th overall pick. I like Barkley so much more than I did Sanchez.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I believe we both said this earlier this season and got yelled at.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/s...-paperwork-nfl

Barkley submitted paperwork to the NFL Draft advisory board - probably doing his due diligence.

He has to know he is a Top 5 prospect though.

From PFT:

USC quarterback Matt Barkley has submitted paperwork to the NFL draft advisory board to help him decide whether he’ll go pro this year, according to ESPNLosAngeles.com.

This is a normal procedure, but it’s the logical next step for the USC junior. Barkley joined NBC SportsTalk on Thursday and admitted that he’s “possibly” played his last game at USC.

Mike Mayock joined Peter King’s NFL podcast this week that Barkley was better than he expected. Mayock pointed out that Barkley does a great job making quick decisions, while avoiding sacks and interceptions despite playing behind a mediocre offensive line.

Mayock said Barkley’s physical skill set isn’t overwhelming, but he looks like a first round pick. Barkley was compared to a more “polished” Andy Dalton coming out of school.

Considering the sanctions against USC, we’d guess that Barkley will go pro if the draft advisory board agrees with Mayock as expected and says Barkley’s a first round pick.

I wouldn't call USC's o-line mediocre...surprised Mayock did.
Other than Kalil, their line is doggy doo doo.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC has a very solid OL with a great LT. Surprised Mayock stated it that way.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
No, they really don't. Their guards are mediocre at best, they have a terrible center, and an overmatched freshman right tackle. Their foundation quick passing game (with the screen/smoke wrinkles to Woods) is run for a reason. They only go deep off three step drops or max protect play action for a reason.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never understood how Sanchez was the 5th overall pick. I like Barkley so much more than I did Sanchez.
Sanchez went #5 because of his potential and the demand for QB's in the NFL.
Barkley is obviously more experienced than Sanchez was at a similar stage and more polished at this point.
As soon as the Jets find a real stud to play RB in Ryan system, IMO, Sanchez is quite capable of taking them all the way. Considering how inexperienced Sanchez was coming out of college, you would expect a much longer learning curve before he reached his potential.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'm with you on this one. Obviously Kalil is great but i like Holmes and Graf too. Just watch them play if you want to know how good they are. They give Barkely all day back there to throw the ball.

Last edited by Babylon : 12-01-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm with you on this one. Obviously Kalil is great but i like Holmes and Graf too. Just watch them play if you want to know how good they are. They give Barkely all day back there to throw the ball.
John Martinez and the true freshman Marcus Martin are not slouches either. That is a great college O-Line. Don't know how Mayock drew that conclusion up. In the beginning of the year they were a little shaky, but when they started to gel there was no looking back.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What does this have to do with him leaving?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
What does this have to do with him leaving?
I don't know, that is what Mayock said...not me.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please stay one more year, Matt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd leave...the sanctions would have left a sour taste in my mouth so I don't think I'd owe USC anything. Especially if they were dragging their feet at heisman talk to try and get me to stay. Add in the desire to get out from under daddy's shadow and I don't know how a person couldn't leave. I'd have to want to vaccinate myself against most stds and then do every decent looking cheerleader, track, and gymnastics team member on campus in order to stay.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'd leave...the sanctions would have left a sour taste in my mouth so I don't think I'd owe USC anything. Especially if they were dragging their feet at heisman talk to try and get me to stay. Add in the desire to get out from under daddy's shadow and I don't know how a person couldn't leave. I'd have to want to vaccinate myself against most stds and then do every decent looking cheerleader, track, and gymnastics team member on campus in order to stay.
That's possible. He could have a "hangover" effect from the whole thing. But then you can look at it another way. He's on the cusp of leading (potentially) the best team in the country next year and be annointed the BEST player in all of college football.

Sometimes it's hard to leave something that you worked so hard to build.

But who knows what's in his mind and where his priorities lie.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently have Barkley rated the #3 overall prospect, and 2nd QB behind Luck. He is clearly the top QB behind Luck and is as good of a prospect as Sam Bradford coming out. Top pick type prospect that could either stay and go #1 next year or go top 5 to a team like Miami, Washington or Seattle.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So a team like, say, the Kansas City Chiefs? :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, other than possibly Newton, Dalton is the best QB in the 2011 draft so if Barkley is as good or better what is the issue?
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dalton's arm in college was inconsistent. Some throws would have zip and some would hang forever. A lot of people saw this and just assumed Dalton's arm was weak.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Dalton's arm in college was inconsistent. Some throws would have zip and some would hang forever. A lot of people saw this and just assumed Dalton's arm was weak.
I've noticed the same thing with Barkley. Usually happens because his front leg will get stiff and he won't transfer his weight properly, leading to an all-arm throw. Those are the little things that can get fixed in the pros and make velocity more consistent.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You put Barkley in KC with Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Moeaki and Charles at RB and the Chiefs are a playoff team.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote