Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-13-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
114-114, 116-112, 115-113 Pacquiao. I feel like Marquez should have won or gotten the draw but boxing is wayyyyy fixed.
God damnit. That was a ridiculously close fight and insanely tough to score. **** off. Seriously, **** off. I usually like your posts, but anyone who says either party clearly won/certainly deserves a draw doesn't know boxing. As Dan Rafael said repeatedly, these guys are made for each other. Close fight, fair decision, it could have gone either way. Boxing aint fixed, and if it is, this is a very, very ****** example you chose to illustrate your point.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The win was absolutely justified. Close fight and a fight Marquez deserved to win but he has no one to blame but himself. If you are a challenger you have to win the title, he did nothing in the end to win the title, he played to protect his lead and got nipped at the buzzer. For a guy who has been on the wrong end of scoring 2 previous times vs Pacman for him to not show any sort of urgency to win the fight is completely his fault. 1 time is a fluke, 2 times, is luck, 3 times is stupidity. For a challenger to think he won the fight but fighting even going into the 12th is completely foolish much less against a name like Pacman. Anyways compustrike doesn't lie, Pacman landed 40 more punches, and landed more power shots, he's the champ Marquez fought to position himself to win, but didn't take the step to actually win.
One of my main points. How the **** does he take the 12th off. Seriously, wtf? I know Beristain told you you were winning, but don't you think you should press....you gotta know its ridiculously close. STRIP knows what he is talking about, thank God you're here. We need MOTH in here as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
The win was absolutely justified. Close fight and a fight Marquez deserved to win but he has no one to blame but himself. If you are a challenger you have to win the title, he did nothing in the end to win the title, he played to protect his lead and got nipped at the buzzer. For a guy who has been on the wrong end of scoring 2 previous times vs Pacman for him to not show any sort of urgency to win the fight is completely his fault. 1 time is a fluke, 2 times, is luck, 3 times is stupidity. For a challenger to think he won the fight but fighting even going into the 12th is completely foolish much less against a name like Pacman. Anyways compustrike doesn't lie, Pacman landed 40 more punches, and landed more power shots, he's the champ Marquez fought to position himself to win, but didn't take the step to actually win.
Someone apparently told Marquez that he was leading going into the last round, or so I hear. Don't think that's a wise strategy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Someone apparently told Marquez that he was leading going into the last round, or so I hear. Don't think that's a wise strategy.
Well, it all depends. Nacho certainly told him he was winning. I can't say whether that was right or wrong because I don't know what JMM responds to/needs in a corner. Nacho is one of the best trainers of all time and I'll be damned if I go against him here. Thing is, even if Nacho told JMM that he was winning, he never said to just survive the 12th and you will win. Telling a fighter he is wining is entirely different than telling him that its in the bag. JMM can only blame JMM for taking off the 12th.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prime example...De La Hoya vs Tito Trinidad. Oscar was winning the whole fight then decides to take it easy and cruise. What happened? He lost....same deal with Marquez...decided to fall back and defend. Always a recipe for disaster.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Prime example...De La Hoya vs Tito Trinidad. Oscar was winning the whole fight then decides to take it easy and cruise. What happened? He lost....same deal with Marquez...decided to fall back and defend. Always a recipe for disaster.
Well, not the same thing really. I mean, I think DLH was clearly winning that fight and got shafted. This fight was close. The DLH-Trinidad decision stunk. I see your overall point (don't take anything for granted, its a fight so ******* fight, etc.), but there is a time in a fight where it pays to stay the hell away from a huge puncher even if it means dropping rounds. I really do feel that Oscar was winning the fight handily. JMM was certainly not. Different situations, same overall concept I guess, but overall I think DLH was fighting smart w/ a little ***** mixed in and JMM was fighting absolutely stupidly.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
God damnit. That was a ridiculously close fight and insanely tough to score. **** off. Seriously, **** off. I usually like your posts, but anyone who says either party clearly won/certainly deserves a draw doesn't know boxing. As Dan Rafael said repeatedly, these guys are made for each other. Close fight, fair decision, it could have gone either way. Boxing aint fixed, and if it is, this is a very, very ****** example you chose to illustrate your point.
Lol yeah you are right. I wanted Pacman to win honestly. Boxing isn't my expertice. I'm personally more into MMA. No part 4 please. Next up better be Floyd or I could give a damn. And I guess I would say fixed in a sense that hmmm if we allow this close fight to go to Marquez and not Pacman then that megafight doesn't go down and there goes our sports interest level down the drain.

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 11-13-2011 at 01:47 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of filipino and mexican friends and this whole fight has turned into a race war haha.

I didn't watch the fight but max kellerman said if you want to keep it consistent with the scoring from the previous two fights then the result of this fight pac-marquez three should have been a draw.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What has two thumbs and is going to see Cotto-Marg live tomorrow? This guy.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I very nearly went. My brother and some of our friends are going, but I have projects/finals/no money and couldn't make the trip. Enjoy it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What has two thumbs and is going to see Cotto-Marg live tomorrow? This guy.
Jealous. I'll be watching!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Cotto is my favorite fighter, its at MSG, and this is the best card of the year. All the stars aligned for this one! Honestly, I am expecting the best atmosphere for any live sporting event I have ever attended. It's going to be absolutely insane.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What time is the actual fight supposed to go down? I've got a **** ton to do, but will definitely break to watch the fight online.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
What time is the actual fight supposed to go down? I've got a **** ton to do, but will definitely break to watch the fight online.
This x100.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always find it hilarious how slow Margarito is

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cotto's my favorite boxer as well. Loved the fight.
Cotto gave him the business. Footwork was flawless and combos were relentless.
I've never seen the smaller boxer put the bigger one against the ropes as a strategy.
I would have liked the fight to have gone a bit longer but am completely okay with the stopage.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Cotto's my favorite boxer as well. Loved the fight.
Cotto gave him the business. Footwork was flawless and combos were relentless.
I've never seen the smaller boxer put the bigger one against the ropes as a strategy.
I would have liked the fight to have gone a bit longer but am completely okay with the stopage.
Cotto was absolutely brilliant and the atmosphere at MSG was simply off the charts. Best live sporting event I've ever been to by far. If you are a big Cotto fan and he fight again at the Garden you really should try to see it live. It's just an awesome experience.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Wow! Great ******* fight. Shame on the ref for those awful point deductions, but I can't wait for the rematch! I feel great for Peterson right now and awful for Khan.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya that ref was a schmohawk.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I have never felt so good for a guy who won in such a ****** up way.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:55 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have never felt so good for a guy who won in such a ****** up way.
I find it hard to have any sympathy for Khan. He is far too cocky for his own good. If that fight was in England or Vegas or NY then Khan wins. But the fact that Khan offered to fight Peterson in his own backyard tells you how over confident he was for the fight.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...-chisora-brawl

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chisora is an idiot. Saying he's gonna shoot David Haye. But Haye is a disgrace of a person. Gets annihilated by Klitscho, blames his toe, retires and then cries when the two best fighters in the world don't have any interest in fighting him. So he shows up at a press conference and does this, and then runs away. Joke!!!

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolute embarrassment for British boxing

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So there's a fight going here, some have it tied going into the championship round.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote