Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Typed this up last night after the game and forgot to post it.

TheFinisher's 2012 Off-Season Plan

Cuts/Don't Resign:

Terence Newman- Father time has caught up to Newman and this should be a no brainer at the end of the season. He's been making way too much money for such sub-par play the past 2-3 seasons.

Keith Brooking- Another one who's declined at an alarming rate the past 2 seasons, Brooking might retire before we even have a chance at cutting him.

Bradie James- This is a tough one because Bradie has been a mainstay for a long time but he's just a liability in space and can't be depended on anymore. Maybe we bring him back if he agrees to restructuring his contract.

Anthony Spencer- Spencer hasn't necessarily been bad, but when you look at his overall body of work the past 4 seasons coupled with his comments over the past off-season about "mailing it in" last year he's just not worth the money. Plus it gives us an opportunity to upgrade a position that has been awfully average.

Martellus Bennett- Don't let the door hit ya on the ass.

FA:

Cortland Finnegan- He should be a mid-upper level FA this off-season and fits the mold for what kind of players I want to see added to our defense. As far as Corners are concerned he's as tough as they come and he's still in his prime. A guy like Finnegan who loves to play physical and to compete is just the kind of guy we need to set an example for our younger guys at the position, I think he'd be a great mentor for Mike Jenkins.

D'Qwell Jackson- Knows the system and still has lots of mileage in the tank. He'd be one of those underhyped FA signings that winds up paying off big time.

Nick Hardwick- Phil Costa is close to being the Alan Ball of this season, he has no business being a starter in the NFL. Hardwick has kind of fallen from the Elite status he gained just a few seasons ago but he's still fairly young(30) and would bring much needed stability to the interior line.

*I wouldn't mind some roster churning at the back end of WR.

*May have to sign a low priced ILB depending on Albright and what we think of him, or if we plan to continue development of Barry Church as a nickel backer that should suffice.

*Safety may be added to this list but I'm hoping we bring back both guys on the cheap.

Resign:

Abram Elam/Gerald Sensabaugh- It will be interesting to watch how this unfolds, I really like the way these 2 have complemented each other and would be willing to invest in this combo for a few extra seasons as long as the price is reasonable. Hopefully we can get this done, stable safety play has been a rarity around here.

Laurent Robinson- No brainer, give this kid a legit #3 deal.. he's earned it.

Tony Fiametta- I don't know what's going on with Fiamette and that flu thing he's been dealing with but he's a heck of a lead blocker and I'd like to bring him back if it's possible.

*Wouldn't mind bringing back Coleman if the price is right. If not then I'd replace him with another cheap vet to play limited snaps. Unfortunately we blew our load on Marcus Spears and Jason Hatcher so I don't want to get pricey along the DL this offseason.

*Montrae Holland is welcomed back if he's willing to accept a reserve/spot-duty level contract.

Draft:

1. Courtney Upshaw- Spencer hasn't panned out but that shouldn't stop us from continuing to search for a competant player opposite Ware. Plus I love Saban coached players.

2. Kevin Zeitler- I've had Zeitler penciled in as our 2nd Rounder for a while now because it just makes too much sense to me. He's a Day 1 starter at a huge position of need, and I'm much more a fan of drafting interior OL in the 2nd as opposed to the 1st.

3. Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M- Signing Finnegan would be a great start to fixing the secondary but that's just the tip of the iceberg in this plan. Judie is someone who could challenge for playing time right off the bat and provides much needed depth to a previously thin position.

4. Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame- LOVE the way he's played this season. Smith has all the physical ability to become a longterm starter in the NFL which is just what I'm looking for in safety prospects at this point. Team captain and RKOG so you know Red will love him.

5. Asa Jackson, CB, Cal Poly- This is another guy who I really like and have followed all season long. I know some may get turned off after we took AOA just 2 years ago but you gotta take risks if you want to reap rewards. He's got talent out the ass both as a cover man and return man, I just hope he doesn't run too fast at his pro day so he stays in the later rounds lol.

6. Rhett Ellison, TE, USC

7. James Brown, OT, Troy

TC Depth Chart:

QB- Romo, Kitna, McGee
RB- Murray, Jones, Tanner
FB- Fiametta
TE- Witten, Phillips, Ellison(R)
WR- Austin, Bryant, Robinson, Ogletree, Holley/Harris
LT- T. Smith, Parnell
LG- Kosier, Nagy
C- Hardwick(FA), Costa
RG- Zeitler(R), Arkin
RT- Free, Brown(R)

5T- Hatcher, Lissemore
5T- Spears, Coleman
NT- Ratliff, Brent
ROLB- Ware
LOLB- Upshaw(R), Butler
MLB- Lee, Carter
WLB- Jackson(FA), Albright?
LC- Finnegan(FA), Judie(R)
RC- Jenkins, Jackson(R), Walker/Ball
Slot- Scandrick
FS- Elam, Smith(R),
SS- Sensabaugh, Church, McCray
I'm all aboard that plan. We may differ in the draft, but for me that is always changing anyways.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How old is lil ole cortie?
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
How old is lil ole cortie?

(tenchar)
Old 12-05-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Thing I like about Finnegan is I think he is a future FS anyway.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent....always thought Finnegan was a punk(on the field, fiesty, not a knucklehead off the field), but a damn good CB. Didn't realize he was only 27.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finnegan is the exact type of swag and demeanor we need in our secondary and defense overall. Love the signing.

Not a bad plan overall, but I'm getting a big body at NT. Ratliff has been balling of late, but a true NT with Ratliff and Hatcher at DE would be such and upgrade.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

I don't know about y'all, but I don't think Lissemore has done a bad job at NT...and think we may be able to get away with leaving NT off the draft board.

Basically on the defensive side of the ball I look at:
CB, Spencer's replacement, Safety or NT. I think Safety is more important right now.

Offensively:
OL, OL....TE....QB
Old 12-05-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Finnegan is the exact type of swag and demeanor we need in our secondary and defense overall. Love the signing.

Not a bad plan overall, but I'm getting a big body at NT. Ratliff has been balling of late, but a true NT with Ratliff and Hatcher at DE would be such and upgrade.
I do think NT is somewhere on the needs list but you have to take everything into account. If we let Spencer walk and cut Newman there are much bigger holes at CB and OLB, and then you have to address the OL in some form or fashion... I just don't see us bringing in a high priced NT. Sure you can draft one but there's not really a standout NT in this draft class, at least not one that I'm drafting over an impact LB like Upshaw or a reliable Guard prospect like Zeitler in Round 2.

Let's not forget about Brent either, he's been out with a knee injury for a while but he showed promise as a rookie... and like FreshBoy said, Lissemore has played well. We already have young guys on the roster we can groom.

I get that you want to see Ratliff kicked out to End, it makes sense based on his physical makeup... it's just the team has never really shown interest in making that move. And to be honest, our run defense hasn't been too bad this year.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finisher, I like your plan.

I really like the idea of pass rusher or CB in the first round and then interior OL in the 2nd.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Fiametta is back....he's a real difference maker it seems:

Quote:
IRVING, Texas – A key component will return to the Cowboys’ suddenly sputtering running game this week.

Fullback Tony Fiammetta, who missed the last three games with a mystery illness, said he has been cleared by doctors and will participate in Wednesday’s practice and play in Sunday’s NFC East showdown against the New York Giants.

“It’s going to be awesome,” Fiammetta said. “I’ve been waiting for it. I feel great. It’s a good time to come back, big game, and I want to make a difference.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's good news. I guess Chapas is back to the PS.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:/ I hate praising Garrett because I know he'll call a bad game to balance it out.

Excellent article on blogging the boys out the game strategy and some questions for Garrett. -_- Like abandoning the run and only giving Murray 12 carries. Removing a botched play and a scramble we had 4.3 yards per carry. 'Zona was blitzing the hell out of the middle and yet we never broke out our screen game. *sigh*

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...owboys-in-loss
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about the Cowboys signing DeSean Jackson in free agency?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
What do you guys think about the Cowboys signing DeSean Jackson in free agency?
Want nothing to do with him. Our money can be better used. His attitude is the worst I've ever seen from any player at any position in the history of the NFL.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd pass on Desean. As long as he is out of the NFC east, I'll be happy.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

How big is Lissemore?
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6'4 300

He's shown some sparks here and there. I like him.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disclaimer: Maybe a bit long, I haven't talked about the game yet.

I usually try and wait a day or so until after the game's over if it was a loss to discuss it because I'm always so pissed, maybe it's just the way our team tends to lose that does that to me.

So, all that being said let's get straight to the obvious.

While there could be a laundry list of reasons we lost to Kevin Kolb and the Cardinals, it has to start with how the end of the game was butchered. Garret can beat around the bush in press conferences all he wants to(it's clear he'll never answer a question without being a robot and giving off a programmed response) but not only did he slaughter the end of this game numerous ways, but actions speak louder then words and once again he's showing he has absolutely no trust in Tony Romo what so ever.

When Dez catches the pass we have roughly 28 seconds left and two timeouts, in what scenario, ever in the history of football, would you catch the ball there and not call a TO? I bet every single 1 of us who watched it were screaming to take a timeout, yet were just fans, so something like that doesn't sit right with me.

That's not even getting to what decision to make yet, but the only decision to do there is call a TO, I'll give you a 5% ratio that says spike it and even that was better then what we did.

On what planet do you settle for a 49 yard fg when you have nearly 30 seconds and a TO to make it anything closer? Even 5-7 yards is a huge help to get it near a 40 yarder.

Then, to compound all those issues even worse, he decides to run off clock, spike it at an odd time, then rush Bailey out there to kick it after that. Why not just call a TO there in the 1st place instead of spiking it? It's like we didn't know wtf we wanted to do. If you want to wait and kick it you call a TO with 4 seconds, get everyone set up properly, and kick it.

Instead Garret was prepared to go home with 2 TO's in his pocket for some reason, until he decided to call a TO without looking to see if Bailey had enough time to kick, which again never happens if you call 1 in the first place.

That's just unacceptable from a HC for me, and what pissed me off is I listed to the presser this afternoon and there was absolutely no accountability from him like you'd like to hear. Know what makes me admire Rex Ryan? He's steps up after a loss, and puts everything on him. He says it was him, he uses words like "I", says he needs to do better, owns up to his mistakes, the whole 9 yards.

All Garret referred to was "we", and didn't own up to anything. I really think there is a huge disconnect going on with our team we don't know more about, because the way this game, and the Patroits game ended is baffling to me. This was like it was his first game coaching.

Now I know the running game stalled and wasn't working, AZ played great, line sucked, all that jazz, but if you get Bailey within 40 yards he's automatic. I even posted back in training camp when it was a battle that if there was a knock on Bailey that's it, even in College. He's not a good long ball kicker at all and his accuracy is very spotty, 50+ yard kicks it'll look alot like we saw.

Inside of 40 he's money, he just doesn't have a very strong leg. Maybe that was why we kept Buehler around I don't know, but not worried about him at all. I'm just sick of this team pissing away games, it'd be different if we just flat out got beat but we always find a way to do something mind blowing.

Garret is afraid to put the ball in Romo's hands late in games now, he can say he isn't a thousand times but you can go back to the old attage 'actions speak louder then words'.

Then to make matters worse they had to put A-Rod on after just to show everyone how it's done. Can you imagine Green Bay ending a game how we did? New Orleans? We are good enough to win a playoff game this year, but were not even close to being good enough to beat those teams. /rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miles and Fiammetta returning should help our offense immensely.

On the bright side, we are getting healthy at the right time. I still don't have any trust at all in this football team though.

Just by the feel of the season, I doubt we beat the Giants sunday night.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 12-05-2011 at 11:19 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

LL, beautiful post. You're right. I do think the reason why he didn't call a timeout was because he was afraid to let Romo run a play where he'd mess it up. He probably felt it was close enough to put the game on the shoulders of the kicker rather than risk another play that would result in yet another Romo collapse.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

My eyes have just been opened. While we've been talking all this Miles Austin trade nonsense... here's what we need to do...

TRADE TONY ROMO.

Bigger return and a better way forward. Let's get Matt Barkley!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a good way to set your franchise back years. Lets trade our star QB for a rookie! haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
There's a good way to set your franchise back years. Lets trade our star QB for a rookie! haha.
Better for the long term. Tony ain't taking this team anywhere. He really isn't. Division titles, some playoff wins... but never a SB win. That's way too much to ask of him.

Rookie QBs are coming in the league and doing better than ever. It doesn't mean setting your franchise back for years anymore.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Better for the long term. Tony ain't taking this team anywhere. He really isn't. Division titles, some playoff wins... but never a SB win. That's way too much to ask of him.

Rookie QBs are coming in the league and doing better than ever. It doesn't mean setting your franchise back for years anymore.
LOL epic. Posts like these make me wonder if people watch football or simply play Madden. GTFO with that **** D.

Tony played extremely well against the 'Cards with no time. He's been playing well and still doesn't get his due. If we win it's the team if we lose it's Tony with you. Top 4 this season in passer rating with some ELITE company and the worst offensive line in the group. Tony's fault the oline can't keep a pocket though. 100%.

Rookie QBs are rookies. Gabbert has done amazing! Hell the more "sure thing" this season was trading for Kolb... who is playing wonderfully!

I am glad we have Jerry Jones as owner/GM and not you D because I'd have to become a fan of another team :P To your credit you'd have at least 30 draft picks every year to go along with a losing record. :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

If we had a backup or there was a free agent available that could instill some fear into defenses...I'd take a package like Oakland gave up for Carson for Romo...but then you're conceding the next 2-3 years, and the primes of quite a few SB capable players.

Romo's fully capable of winning a SB. I'm not even sure why he's brought up after what he's done the past few weeks.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-06-2011 at 10:31 AM.